hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2489 of 2652 FirstFirst ... 148919892389243924792486248724882489249024912492249925392589 ... LastLast
Results 49,761 to 49,780 of 53039

Thread: USA Politics Thread

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Should I be glad I have no idea who that is?
    Yes. She's an actual nazi.
    personally i'm most freaked out that she's 3 years younger than me

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Congratulations, you're less accomplished than a university dropout nazi mostly famous for being a solid 7/10.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Congratulations, you're less accomplished than a university dropout nazi mostly famous for being a solid 7/10.
    how much of an accomplishment is it to be female, not outright ugly and an immense outrage baiting nazi

actually I guess she just saw Milo wanking around on a stage and thought "that looks pretty easy"

actually I guess she just saw Milo wanking around on a stage and thought "that looks pretty easy"

Best Xenopost this month by miles.

+ rep
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; June 30 2018 at 12:45:31 PM.

how much of an accomplishment is it to be female, not outright ugly and an immense outrage baiting nazi

Point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    boom

(Commiefornia has itís own GDPRish)
    This was an interesting case. They were rushing to get this bill through the legislature, because if they didn't, a much harsher one was going to go on the november ballot and have a chance of passing.

I kinda like this approach.
    Should have left the public one on the ballot. The california public just got fucked by google.
    Eh, the major things got in. Its a damn sight better than what we had before...
    So when is it becoming a technological dead zone?
    It won't. It'll spawn 1000 startups offering compliance services, and the big boys will offer it too. IT budgets will get spent. Compliance is generally when budgets that "Definitely aren't there" magically appear

I mean, you have to admire Facebook's brazen candor in a way.

"People should be in control of their information online and companies should be held to high standards in explaining what data they have and how they use it, especially when they sell data," said Will Castleberry, Facebook's vice president of state and local public policy, who emphasized that the company doesn't sell user data. "In that spirit, while not perfect, we support AB375 and look forward to working with policymakers on an approach that protects consumers and promotes responsible innovation."
    Well as long as it's californian you'll support it but shit on others doing it, nbs.
    The difference is penalties and a process that can force the companies to spend money (a shitload) on things that may more or less be frivolous until such time something happens in some EU court. I know plenty of people who are doing ROI on Europe and potential risk unless a lot of expense is output (and time from marketable features).

Iím not saying itís right, but it is what it is.
    meh

Honestly never thought I'd see somebody try to argue that GDPR is a bad thing tbh

It's a weak bit of legislation that will be quietly amended and regulated into irrelevance within a couple of years. Exactly what Google and Facebook wanted. It's a shocking display of legislative corruption and you should all be infuriated.

Honestly never thought I'd see somebody try to argue that GDPR is a bad thing tbh
    This is how people in silicon valley actually think.

It’s not a bad thing, but the implementation is anti industry. That may or may not be a bad thing in your eyes, but it is what it is. Unlike Brexit, we’re actually not that retarded here as to throw the baby out with the bath water by decimating our own economy.
    meh

It's a weak bit of legislation that will be quietly amended and regulated into irrelevance within a couple of years. Exactly what Google and Facebook wanted. It's a shocking display of legislative corruption and you should all be infuriated.
    It satisfied the people bringing the original ballot initiative. If anything blame them. Nothing is stopping them from running their bill in the future, or, in California, concerned citizens taking charge of the situation and amending it or getting it changed in the future, so we don’t have to be quite so melodramatic or fatalistic about legislation.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The contradictions inherent in the system somehow aren't discrediting the system for Alistair. I think he'd use the word brainwashed...
    Meaning what, exactly?

That I'm not engaged in Revolution (tm) to overthrow our current system of Representative Federal Republic and it's regulated mixed economy in order to replace it with........something else tbd?

You're right, I'm not. That does not mean I think our system is perfect, or that I cannot see faults and failures of our system, far from it.

What is your expectation exactly Keck? Want me to go throw some pissbags on a CEO whilst yelling workers of the world unite?
    No you sit there hand wringing about bad stuff and saying something must be done (tm), but completely fail to acknowledge the environmental failings which lead to it in the first place. The fact you think your mixed economy isn't worth replacing is obscene, the only mixed part of your economy is government spending keeping your military industrial complex ticking over while you have sky high levels of child poverty and an inescapable poverty cycle for about a fifth of your population.
    You realize we do have a massive welfare machine? It's just structured exclusively for the elderly.

Coincidentally this is the same voting bloc that scoffs at any public investment

>anti-industry

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM

but the implementation is anti industry.
    You are a proper fuckwit sometimes. This is one of those times.

Bahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Well, is it or isn’t it? I didn’t nevessarily say it was a bad thing. Regulation is always pretty much anti-industry, sort of by definition.
    meh

Well, is it or isn’t it? I didn’t nevessarily say it was a bad thing. Regulation is always pretty much anti-industry, sort of by definition.
    Regulation is frequently anti-competition, which isn't quite the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Regulation is frequently anti-competition, which isn't quite the same thing.
    GDPR compliance comes with cost to any business complying, as will the California law.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    boom

(Commiefornia has it’s own GDPRish)
    This was an interesting case. They were rushing to get this bill through the legislature, because if they didn't, a much harsher one was going to go on the november ballot and have a chance of passing.

I kinda like this approach.
    Should have left the public one on the ballot. The california public just got fucked by google.
    So when is it becoming a technological dead zone?
    It won't. It'll spawn 1000 startups offering compliance services, and the big boys will offer it too. IT budgets will get spent. Compliance is generally when budgets that "Definitely aren't there" magically appear

I mean, you have to admire Facebook's brazen candor in a way.

"People should be in control of their information online and companies should be held to high standards in explaining what data they have and how they use it, especially when they sell data," said Will Castleberry, Facebook's vice president of state and local public policy, who emphasized that the company doesn't sell user data. "In that spirit, while not perfect, we support AB375 and look forward to working with policymakers on an approach that protects consumers and promotes responsible innovation."
    Well as long as it's californian you'll support it but shit on others doing it, nbs.
    The difference is penalties and a process that can force the companies to spend money (a shitload) on things that may more or less be frivolous until such time something happens in some EU court. I know plenty of people who are doing ROI on Europe and potential risk unless a lot of expense is output (and time from marketable features).

I’m not saying it’s right, but it is what it is.
    Yes, boo hoo how will those poor companies survive with a tiny bit less profit for the overall good. Poor souls, it means all industry will die off and nothing will happen anymore.

And if it does not have that effect, it means the bill is useless and will be ignored in no time flat.

So good job i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Bahahah.
    In 2017, Southern supported the white identitarian group Defend Europe.

She's a literal card carrying far right white supremacist, are you going to turn around and claim that Richard fucking Spencer isn't a nazi either?

Anti-industry? Seriously? I thought it was about protecting consumer's privacy? If that's anti-industry, I'd like to see a lot more anti-industry legislation introduced quite frankly.

Cali's GDPR is pretty weak, BTW. Now wonder Facebook/Google are so happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...