hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2461 of 2655 FirstFirst ... 146119612361241124512458245924602461246224632464247125112561 ... LastLast
Results 49,201 to 49,220 of 53082

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    The sheer fact that anyone, ever, believes a single thing that Trump says is testament to the power of humanity's urge to wilful self-delusion

is there anything he hasn't lied about that isn't him openly stating he's going to lie?
    Well, he said he wanted people to sit up for him the way they do for Kim. He probably wasn't lying.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    The sheer fact that anyone, ever, believes a single thing that Trump says is testament to the power of humanity's urge to wilful self-delusion

is there anything he hasn't lied about that isn't him openly stating he's going to lie?
    Well, he said he wanted people to sit up for him the way they do for Kim. He probably wasn't lying.
    Yeah no fair point
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

The Full Justice Dept. IG Report, for those interested: https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Counterpoint: Trump himself.

:thinking:

so you guys think there is any meaningful action being taken to take down the concentration camps for child immigrants, or is it just gonna fade into the background like all the other shit the current administration is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    so you guys think there is any meaningful action being taken to take down the concentration camps for child immigrants, or is it just gonna fade into the background like all the other shit the current administration is doing?
    Nothings gonna happen I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Nothings gonna happen I suspect.
    Curious to see what happens with Beto O'Rourke's visit tomorrow.

It's something congress has the power to keep a spotlight on. We'll see if it holds any long-term attention, but absent a major increase in scale, I suspect you're right and it will pass on the "one more thing on the road to fascism" process of being overwhelmed as a civil society.

The republican base doesn't care because immigrants have been dehumanised in the media and by politicians in America for so long. There's a reason they get called aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The republican base doesn't care because immigrants have been dehumanised in the media and by politicians in America for so long. There's a reason they get called aliens.
    That's Stings fault though.

It's deeply ingrained in the culture. Look at Alien Nation, that came out way back in '88

meanwhile,
    Quote Originally Posted by hackaday
    As reported by the BBC, the United States is set to impose a 25% tariff on over 800 categories of Chinese goods. The tariffs are due to come into effect in three weeks, on July 6th. Thousands of different products are covered under this new tariff, and by every account, electronic designers will be hit hard. Your BOM cost just increased by 25%.

I'm disappointed, they couldn't make them stick on the 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    I'm disappointed, they couldn't make them stick on the 4th?
    opportunity missed, I know.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    so you guys think there will be a democratic platform announced anytime soon? i mean, it's already mid-june.

Sitting US senators have been denied all entry to these facilities and have had the police called on them.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

There's a reason they get called aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    so you guys think there will be a democratic platform announced anytime soon? i mean, it's already mid-june.

Sitting US senators have been denied all entry to these facilities and have had the police called on them.
    Democrats are corrupt and spineless cowards who will deliver a second term on a platter to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    There's a reason they get called aliens.
    Yes, it is the technically correct term for someone from outside.

Yes, it is dehumanizing in public perception and doesn't help with integration at all.

I thought they already did one with a Better Deal? No one seemed to care.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    I thought they already did one with a Better Deal? No one seemed to care.
    Because it was shit.