hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2455 of 2515 FirstFirst ... 14551955235524052445245224532454245524562457245824652505 ... LastLast
Results 49,081 to 49,100 of 50289

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I just find it pretty hilarious people think his is somehow he worst it’s ever been or something. I guess once they fuck every up completely, maybe they’ll learn a bit of perspective, once we’ve had a good, generation killing war...
    No, people don't, no matter how many times you repeat it.

But meekly accepting that things are just fine because other people had it worse is idiotic. Also funnily at odds with your "muh bootstraps" mentality.

I just find it pretty hilarious people think his is somehow he worst it’s ever been or something. I guess once they fuck every up completely, maybe they’ll learn a bit of perspective, once we’ve had a good, generation killing war...
    Some people saying that are saying it because they recognize similarities in historic patterns of events that lead to massive, generation killing wars, and would like to arrest things before they get that far.

First as tragedy, then as farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Some people saying that are saying it because they recognize similarities in historic patterns of events that lead to massive, generation killing wars, and would like to arrest things before they get that far.
    I think we’re too far down the path, quite frankly. Lets just let it happen...
    meh

They haven't even shot any college students yet!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Sure sounds like a good thing when you're not going to be threatened by it, eh mate?

fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Sure sounds like a good thing when you're not going to be threatened by it, eh mate?

fuck off
    In all of this, it’s not people who can bootstrap that will suffer. It’s the people that can’t...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    They haven't even shot any college students yet!
    College students are now grizzled veterans of high school shootings, they know how to keep their head down and stay alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Thanks for helping to make it clear that nobody should pay any attention to anything you say.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Thanks for helping to make it clear that nobody should pay any attention to anything you say.
    Nihilism is a perfectly viable philosophy.
    meh

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    >erichkknaar: I grew up under apartheid so I know all about inequality btw
    >also erichkknaar: just let a big war kill everyone off, can't be helped :shrug:

fuck off
    Why wouldn’t he be threatened by it?

Last I checked, Erich lives inside the blast zone.

fuck off

Last I checked, the sweet relief of nothing would be preferential to all the idiocy...
    meh

fuck off

Last I checked, the sweet relief of nothing would be preferential to all the idiocy...
    I'm sure the rest of the non-suicidal population disagree, fucko

fuck off

Then they should do something about it...
    meh

fuck off

Then they should do something about it...
    ...yes, which is what the topic was originally on before you decided to share babbies first existential angst with us

What generation killing war are you predicting if things remain as they are?

You’re telling me that you don’t see the possibility of a large scale war, given the current geopolitical state of play?

I mean if I had to take a guess, Trump and Co. want to quiet down the pacific theatre so they can engage in a little Crassus LARP and go adventuring in Persia. Then there’s that whole raging christian fundamentalist apocalypse cult that thinks a huge war in the Middle East is necessary to get Jesus to come back.

I don’t know if that escalates into a general global war, if that happens, but with our government alienating all of our allies, I can see things getting uglier than they would have a decade ago.

Shit’s a tinderbox, mate.

And that doesn’t even get into the possibility of a generation-killing period of civil unrest or authoritarian rule within the United States, or western nations more broadly.

raging christian fundamentalist apocalypse cult that thinks a huge war in the Middle East is necessary to get Jesus to come back
    wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    raging christian fundamentalist apocalypse cult that thinks a huge war in the Middle East is necessary to get Jesus to come back
    wait, what?
    In order for Jesus to come and take them away in his space ship, Revelations must literally come true, meaning the seven seals and all that shit. Literally the apocolypse, or Jesus ain’t coming back. This is also the reason they don't care about pollution/climate change, etc. no point saving the planet when you want it destroyed so your end times cult can rapture...
    meh