hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2754 of 2772 FirstFirst ... 1754225426542704274427512752275327542755275627572764 ... LastLast
Results 55,061 to 55,080 of 55432

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Naah, Biden/Beto 2020 will be the ticket.

Love that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Ocasio-Cortez is a kid and won't or at least shouldn't run for anything major for 10 more years.
    Yepp, all those mature adults have served the country well in the past ...
    She literally can’t run for president until 2028. People need to chill. She has a long career ahead of her; let’s just see how she handles one term in Congress first.
    I cannot wait to hear her speeches once she is in office.
    I'd rather listen to her than some senile corrupt geriatric under whose 'wise leadership' the nation has been driven into a ditch.

Over 65, time to die.
    You know I'm not over 65 yet, right?

I prefer a little more real-world experience and knowledge from my leaders than what she brings frankly, but I also prefer my leaders be conscious and awake at meetings, something the over 70-set often have trouble with tbqh.

I think there may be a happy middle ground on this one, to be fair.

He's not triggered by the fact that she's young or a woman; he's triggered by the fact that she's left of the average Democratic Party politician and is vocal about that fact, and derives much of her popularity from that fact.
    Honestly, I'm glad to see a few further-left folks actually get seats in power. I just prefer them to actually know a little something first.

I think she is going to be a laugh early on tbqh.

You listen to her talk in her interviews, it becomes clear rather quickly she has less knowledge and understanding of Government and how it works than Xenosis has.

She certainly says very popular (if exceedingly simplistic) things to-date, but she clearly has no idea whatsoever how those things can actually be made real or how Government would/could do it in practical application or in legislation.

I wish her luck. She's going to need it now that she is an actual Congressperson, and not just a candidate.

#Beto/Ortez2020
    We've all been hoping you'd know something or other at some point for how many years now and you're still the same old fuckwit?

Idk.

Usual Alistair scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Ocasio-Cortez is a kid and won't or at least shouldn't run for anything major for 10 more years.
    She literally can’t run for president until 2028. People need to chill. She has a long career ahead of her; let’s just see how she handles one term in Congress first.
    I'd rather listen to her than some senile corrupt geriatric under whose 'wise leadership' the nation has been driven into a ditch.

Over 65, time to die.
    You know I'm not over 65 yet, right?

I prefer a little more real-world experience and knowledge from my leaders than what she brings frankly, but I also prefer my leaders be conscious and awake at meetings, something the over 70-set often have trouble with tbqh.

I think there may be a happy middle ground on this one, to be fair.

He's not triggered by the fact that she's young or a woman; he's triggered by the fact that she's left of the average Democratic Party politician and is vocal about that fact, and derives much of her popularity from that fact.
    Honestly, I'm glad to see a few further-left folks actually get seats in power. I just prefer them to actually know a little something first.

I think she is going to be a laugh early on tbqh.

You listen to her talk in her interviews, it becomes clear rather quickly she has less knowledge and understanding of Government and how it works than Xenosis has.

She certainly says very popular (if exceedingly simplistic) things to-date, but she clearly has no idea whatsoever how those things can actually be made real or how Government would/could do it in practical application or in legislation.

I wish her luck. She's going to need it now that she is an actual Congressperson, and not just a candidate.

#Beto/Ortez2020
    We've all been hoping you'd know something or other at some point for how many years now and you're still the same old fuckwit?

Idk.

Usual Alistair scenes.
    Herp depr stalker derp herp lame insult derpy derp!!!!

Usual Isy the creepy, angry e-stalker scenes. Off topic and angry as usual.
    Last edited by Alistair; November 7 2018 at 07:33:26 PM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    She literally canít run for president until 2028. People need to chill. She has a long career ahead of her; letís just see how she handles one term in Congress first.
    The fact that you're this triggered by the idea of a young women in politics is a) hilarious and b) very telling

You just can't help yourself can you? Despite how much you try to hide your insecurities
    Why not both?

Fits perfectly with his "i'm not actually conservative haha guys woops" insecurity

The fact that you're this triggered by the idea of a young women in politics is a) hilarious and b) very telling

You just can't help yourself can you? Despite how much you try to hide your insecurities
    Why not both?

Fits perfectly with his "i'm not actually conservative haha guys woops" insecurity
    I am sure Senator Tim Kaine loved getting my "Conservative" vote yesterday.

Tweedle-dumbass to Isy's Tweedle-dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Naah, Biden/Beto 2020 will be the ticket.

Love that guy.
    The only way the Democrats win is if they run Michelle Obama. Or Oprah.

#Beto/Ortez2020
    Well you can keep electing lawyers who are trained to understand how government works and how policy is made. . . but there seems to be a bit of a backlash against that.

She'll learn. And she'll probably change/break down a few norms in the process.

#Beto/Ortez2020
    Well you can keep electing lawyers who are trained to understand how government works and how policy is made. . . but there seems to be a bit of a backlash against that.

Those gravy train days for lawyers are over, I'm afraid. The populace wants something new. This is quite clear from Trump and other voting patterns.

I think figuring out how to have a good twitch stream in your late teens, and then community documentations/reality TV in more traditional media to build name recognition is going to be the new norm.

You guys are going to have to take consultants fees/get image consultants for a bit.
    meh

#Beto/Ortez2020
    Well you can keep electing lawyers who are trained to understand how government works and how policy is made.
    Like Barrack Obama?

. . but there seems to be a bit of a backlash against that.
    I believe the term you're looking for is "populism".

She certainly has the potential to learn, she's not dumb by any metric and is well educated.

Which is why her poor performance in interviews surprised me. It almost read as "completely unprepared to answer even mind questions of policy/process".

We'll see, she's a Congressperson, so it'll be exciting to see what she brings in terms of proposed legislation, votes and floor speeches, etc.

For example, is she going to vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker? If she does, that's buying wholesale into the same old "system" right off the bat.

Oh Iím well aware.

2020 Dem presidential primaries are gonna be a mess of epic proportions. Everyone is going to run, and whoever wins will have little clear mandate, I suspect.
    I am standing firm on my prediction that Kamala Harris wins the primary. She's like Hillary (master at backroom politics, corporatist lackey, etc) except not rabidly hated by half of the country.

Oh, and she will lose to Trump.
    I wouldn't be so certain about the last part. While she sounds kind of nasally, her speaking style is about 10X better than Hillary's. Hillary never seemed to be at ease in public, and always had this plastic/manufactured facade about her that made people never truly like her.

Trump claims "Mueller investigation fatigue", fires Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...torney-general

We have actual news here.

Sessions resigned on Trump's request.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1060257377780408321

Sessions's chief of staff is taking over as AG.

I can bet that by the time new Congress forms there will be so little traces of Muller investigation left that CSI Las Vegas won't be able to find them.

I can bet that by the time new Congress forms there will be so little traces of Muller investigation left that CSI Las Vegas won't be able to find them.
    That seems improbable. It would be a brave acting attorney general who wraps up an ongoing investigation on the say so of a party who materially benefitted from the actions being investigated.

OTOH getting a better majority in the Senate makes confirmation easier / losing the house makes Impeachment plausible (but extremely unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

That seems improbable. It would be a brave acting attorney general who wraps up an ongoing investigation on the say so of a party who materially benefitted from the actions being investigated.

OTOH getting a better majority in the Senate makes confirmation easier / losing the house makes Impeachment plausible (but extremely unlikely).
    What if the attorney doesn't give a shit about "ethics" or "shame" or "appearances" or traditional norms and just does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

On the other hand, Sessions may be ok at political math and realize being a road bump in the path of the incoming investigations isn't going to end well for him, so he quit saying no.
    meh

The Democrats can just call Mueller/etc. to committee to tell all if they want to.

Sessions gave up a safe Senate seat to get shit on by Trump for 18 months. LOL.

#Beto/Ortez2020
    Well you can keep electing lawyers who are trained to understand how government works and how policy is made.
    Like Barrack Obama?

. . but there seems to be a bit of a backlash against that.
    I believe the term you're looking for is "populism".

She certainly has the potential to learn, she's not dumb by any metric and is well educated.

Which is why her poor performance in interviews surprised me. It almost read as "completely unprepared to answer even mind questions of policy/process".

We'll see, she's a Congressperson, so it'll be exciting to see what she brings in terms of proposed legislation, votes and floor speeches, etc.

For example, is she going to vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker? If she does, that's buying wholesale into the same old "system" right off the bat.
    She never expected to win. I’m not going to pass much in the way of strict judgment until she’s got a term under her belt. That goes for singing her praises or condemning her.

I’m happy she won, and I’m excited to see if she has leadership potential, but I’m trying to remain realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

#Beto/Ortez2020

Those gravy train days for lawyers are over, I'm afraid. The populace wants something new. This is quite clear from Trump and other voting patterns.

I think figuring out how to have a good twitch stream in your late teens, and then community documentations/reality TV in more traditional media to build name recognition is going to be the new norm.

You guys are going to have to take consultants fees/get image consultants for a bit.

I don’t disagree with that analysis, though I expect that there will remain a large crossover between attorneys and politicians. But I expect that you’re quite right about the Twitch steamer turned politician thing... but there are plenty of twitch streamers with law degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

#Beto/Ortez2020

I don’t disagree with that analysis, though I expect that there will remain a large crossover between attorneys and politicians. But I expect that you’re quite right about the Twitch steamer turned politician thing... but there are plenty of twitch streamers with law degrees.
      Spoiler:
    meh

While Youtubers and Twitch Personalities may become very ellectable I somehow doubt they would provide a leadership competent enough to endure on its accomplishments once it gets elected.