hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2745 of 2784 FirstFirst ... 1745224526452695273527422743274427452746274727482755 ... LastLast
Results 54,881 to 54,900 of 55671

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Also 4 deaths in 50,000 is statistically less than a lot of traffic fatalities, "normal" gun violence, or death to disease and injury. Unless there's more evidence it's just another occurrence of daily living.
    Yeah if dozens of the Fergeson ringleaders were turning up dead there might be going on but 4 people in 2 years is nothing sorry
    It's actually 7 people (from the article) who have been found shot and burned in a car in the St. Louis metro in the past 4 years, 3 of them had absolutely zero to do with Ferguson, so like I said, as probable it's a bonafide cereal killer at this point.
    Or just organized crime killings, not like Fergeson is a community known for its peacefulness and lack of crime or something.
    They aren't all from Ferguson as per the article. I had an opportunity to visit St. Louis some years back. It's important to point out if you don't know that Ferguson is basically "on the drive to the airport" from the Arch and the downtown area. Not very far at all in California distances. Also, the whole place is a bit of a shithole with decaying factories and other stuff. Bits where nice, but bits where not nice. I also had a chance to go to a Van Halen concert there and I had seen them not two weeks before on the same tour in the Bay Area. The two places could also not be culturally more different in a staggering number of ways.

Great BBQ ruined by basically AnBusch dominance of the local market ensuring none of the craft (good) beer I've enjoyed in other places, like Tennessee and Texas and the Carolinas, unfortunately.
    meh

so basically nigs gonna be nigs

and all is well again

Donor
    Also 4 deaths in 50,000 is statistically less than a lot of traffic fatalities, "normal" gun violence, or death to disease and injury. Unless there's more evidence it's just another occurrence of daily living.
    Yeah if dozens of the Fergeson ringleaders were turning up dead there might be going on but 4 people in 2 years is nothing sorry
    It's actually 7 people (from the article) who have been found shot and burned in a car in the St. Louis metro in the past 4 years, 3 of them had absolutely zero to do with Ferguson, so like I said, as probable it's a bonafide cereal killer at this point.
    Or just organized crime killings, not like Fergeson is a community known for its peacefulness and lack of crime or something.
    They aren't all from Ferguson as per the article. I had an opportunity to visit St. Louis some years back. It's important to point out if you don't know that Ferguson is basically "on the drive to the airport" from the Arch and the downtown area. Not very far at all in California distances. Also, the whole place is a bit of a shithole with decaying factories and other stuff. Bits where nice, but bits where not nice. I also had a chance to go to a Van Halen concert there and I had seen them not two weeks before on the same tour in the Bay Area. The two places could also not be culturally more different in a staggering number of ways.

Great BBQ ruined by basically AnBusch dominance of the local market ensuring none of the craft (good) beer I've enjoyed in other places, like Tennessee and Texas and the Carolinas, unfortunately.
    St. Louis is about 25% murder or theft central and 75% ok. My uncle that lives there has been car jacked twice. which is twice more than me and I live in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

St. Louis is about 25% murder or theft central and 75% ok. My uncle that lives there has been car jacked twice. which is twice more than me and I live in Detroit.
    Wouldn't have happened if your uncle had a gun.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

Wouldn't have happened if your uncle had a gun.
    Uncle is a gun control pot smoking lefty. car jackers missed out on some grade A weed tbh tbh.

edit: though he doesn't have the weed quality of my conservative colorado uncle.... that guy... you want to smoke the best you smoke with him.

edit edit: I smoked with him and I had to remember how to breath.
    Last edited by Tellenta; November 6 2018 at 01:57:22 AM.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so Ferguson's violent crime is 112% higher than the national average. Though they have 7 murders.... Where is the a lot in this?

edit: oh
    According to police accounts, he was in the car with two women when he shot himself.
    Accidental discharge of a weapon. happens to people and children who don't know to fear fire arms.
    Last edited by Tellenta; November 6 2018 at 02:30:29 AM.

Reminder that the US is still keeping migrant kids in cages.

How many years until the mass graves in the desert get discovered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

I confidently believer that people subcontracted to do that are competent enough to leave no discoverable evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

I confidently believer that people subcontracted to do that are competent enough to leave no discoverable evidence.
    You grossly overestimate the competence of that sort of subcontracting company.
    Unless they just put the mass graves in Mexico i guess, people would hardly notice then.

Tonight's the night....

FUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Tonight's the night....

FUCK.
    One can hardly guess... How's this thread so quiet? Shitposting fatigue?
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Saw a report yesterday that over 32 million have voted early, and there were still several days left. In 2014, total early votes were 24 million.

My county has the highest turnout for early voting ever, so far.
    That is encouraging.

Simply comparing to 2014 is kinda blah. Turnout should look good compared to a year with historically poor participation. Now, if 2018 looks comparable to 2016, we'll be making some real progress.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Tonight's the night....

FUCK.
    The accelerationist in me can't wait to see the self righteous impotent fury of the Idpol crowd if Democrats under perform.

On the other hand I don't think I can deal with much more misanthropy so hopefully #bluewave is go we get to see the GOP crumble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Saw a report yesterday that over 32 million have voted early, and there were still several days left. In 2014, total early votes were 24 million.

My county has the highest turnout for early voting ever, so far.
    That is encouraging.

Simply comparing to 2014 is kinda blah. Turnout should look good compared to a year with historically poor participation. Now, if 2018 looks comparable to 2016, we'll be making some real progress.
    It's not 'blah' in the slightest. This is a midterm election. 2014 was the last midterm election. It's a like-for-like comparison.

It's only worth comparing against 2016 after the fact, if you are looking at percentage swings of Rep vs Dem: Where have areas that supported/opposed trump suddenly switched and why?

I'm expecting to be disappointed even though I'm expecting the worst.

I think the worst part of this is, the dems retaking the house with a slim majority (most likely outcome) is kind of meaningless, worse, it might be used as a hammer to bash/blame *the other side* with when nothing happens. What could the democrats actually do with that beyond oversight committees and lots of procedural bullshit?

Leverage it with increased governorship control, state legislature control and when the 2020 census comes around, have the ability to redraw the 2010 lines, preferably with the same bullshit tactics, therefore giving complete majority control to the already majority popular vote. I'm voting to add one more dot in that pool, because the fact the minority of the population has greater voting power needs to be seen, and corrected.

I'm of the mind this ship can be taken to dock and fixed only once it's not sailing towards the wrong harbor. Take the house, the state governments, redraw the lines and set up a decade of crushing victories. If Trump loses in 2020 as well, the next 4 years are gonna be really hard for the GOP to maintain outside the senate.

Trump will keep Senate so Dems will be contained just to screaming in the House. GOP can blame the Democrats for obstructionism and wash their hands of all wrong deeds. Dem voters will be disillusioned for their side not achieving anything and stay home next time. So in 2020 elections Trump will be reelected and regain House and increase lead in the Senate. Also allowing "Redmap" to be done again after 2020 census.
    Than before 2024 the "everything bubble" will start bursting, taking the economy to the shitter. Some Democrat will win Presidency in 2024 only to lose it 4 years later as idiotsvoters blame Democrats for the state of the economy.

It is a tried and tested plan.

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian