hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2730 of 2772 FirstFirst ... 1730223026302680272027272728272927302731273227332740 ... LastLast
Results 54,581 to 54,600 of 55432

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Meanwhile, today on “Republicanism is damaging America”...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...r-scott-walker
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    You missed the inherent competition of multiple monotheistic religious platforms.
    You mean Apple vs. Google?

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, today on “Republicanism is damaging America”...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...r-scott-walker
    Submit to your Chinese overlords.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Government should not be trusted to police speech generally. Because while it seems like a nice fuzzy idea to have some noble left-wing AG sending Nazis to prison, there's a real chance that you'll get unapologetic authoritarians like Jeff Sessions. Imagine BLM activists going to prison in this climate
    It might spark some meaningful emotion in a tame country?
    Nah people didn't give a shit when Occupy got round up and set off they wouldnt care here either.
    True.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Government should not be trusted to police speech generally. Because while it seems like a nice fuzzy idea to have some noble left-wing AG sending Nazis to prison, there's a real chance that you'll get unapologetic authoritarians like Jeff Sessions. Imagine BLM activists going to prison in this climate
    It might spark some meaningful emotion in a tame country?
    Nah people didn't give a shit when Occupy got round up and set off they wouldnt care here either.
    True.

Corporate media fails to cover anti-corporate protest movement.

Film at 11.

I see we’ve come to the “Strip citizenship from undesirable elements of society” part of the fascist takeover.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...fee_story.html

I’d say “the Constitution doesn’t work that way,” because it doesn’t... but by the time the courts sort out the effects of an illegal executive order the damage will already be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I see we’ve come to the “Strip citizenship from undesirable elements of society” part of the fascist takeover.

I’d say “the Constitution doesn’t work that way,” because it doesn’t... but by the time the courts sort out the effects of an illegal executive order the damage will already be done.
    if you link wapo can you at least copy part of the article? not everyone subs to it or amazon prime

They should do it retroactively to 1776 though.
    meh

No wait. That's genius.

Not only it should be done. It should be retroactive for 5 centuries.

*edit* fuck beaten
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

if you link wapo can you at least copy part of the article? not everyone subs to it or amazon prime
    Uhhh, isn’t that what incognito/private browsing mode is for?

But sure!

President Trump is vowing to sign an executive order that would seek to end the right to U.S. citizenship for children born in the United States to noncitizens, a move most legal experts say runs afoul of the Constitution.

The action, which Trump previewed in a television clip broadcast Tuesday, would be the most aggressive by a president elected to office pledging to take a hard line on immigration, an issue he has revived in advance of next week’s midterm elections.

“We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits,” Trump said during an interview with Axios scheduled to air as part of a new HBO series starting this weekend. “It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end.”

Whether the move is legal, Trump seemed to welcome the controversy his comments ignited. The White House has been intent on stoking a debate over immigration as a way to motivate Trump’s base to turn out for midterm elections in which Republicans risk losing the House.

If he does it this week, he can start purging voter lists before Tuesday
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    If he does it this week, he can start purging voter lists before Tuesday
    That’s very unlikely. Besides, the GOP already has plenty of other voter-suppression mechanisms in play for this election.

They really are that stupid, aren't they?

He said that we could not talk about it on the phone, and he asked me to download an app on my phone called Signal, which he said was more secure. Reluctantly, I downloaded the app and he called me on that app a few minutes later. He said (and I will never forget exactly what it was) ‘I want you to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller, and I want you to sign a sworn affidavit to that effect.’”
    In another current investigation, the FBI was able to access Signal messages sent by former Senate Intelligence Committee aide...
    https://www.wired.com/story/encrypte...ng-isnt-magic/
    Last edited by Don Rumata; October 30 2018 at 07:32:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Once again, that's big affirm, good buddy, breaker breaker.
    meh

He's always contradicting himself. He'd be worth attacking if this wasn't known. Attack his supporters instead

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Once again, that's big affirm, good buddy, breaker breaker.
    We see the natural result of "a series of tubes" and "corporations are your friends".
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

President Trump is vowing to sign an executive order that would seek to end the right to U.S. citizenship for children born in the United States to noncitizens, a move most legal experts say runs afoul of the Constitution.

The action, which Trump previewed in a television clip broadcast Tuesday, would be the most aggressive by a president elected to office pledging to take a hard line on immigration, an issue he has revived in advance of next week’s midterm elections.

“We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits,” Trump said during an interview with Axios scheduled to air as part of a new HBO series starting this weekend. “It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end.”

Whether the move is legal, Trump seemed to welcome the controversy his comments ignited. The White House has been intent on stoking a debate over immigration as a way to motivate Trump’s base to turn out for midterm elections in which Republicans risk losing the House.
    This is getting alot of play today.

He can't really do it. He can try, but it'll get insta-contested in court, lower courts will injunction it, and in a year or three it'll go to the Supreme Court ultimately.

Interestingly, the one thing I've not heard any of the media ask in this issue-of-the-moment is this: Is birthright citizenship for illegal aliens good or bad, should it be the law, and...why?

Is it a good thing FHC? Why (or why not)?

It's an irrelevant distraction intended to distract from the MAGABomber, the synagogue shooter and the fact that 70% of domestic terrorist attacks in the US in the 21st century have been performed by the right.

Be very suspicious of attempts to deflect into long-term discussions about immigration, away from the real threat of the horrendous and continuing radicalisation of the right encouraged by a violent trump rhetoric.