hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2442 of 2581 FirstFirst ... 144219422342239224322439244024412442244324442445245224922542 ... LastLast
Results 48,821 to 48,840 of 51601

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    Exactly.

I get it. But in practice, the GOP's concern for children is extraordinarily narrow.
    I guess I’ve been massively underestimating the Republicans then lol

And? What's your point?
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    Exactly.

I get it. But in practice, the GOP's concern for children is extraordinarily narrow.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/TUSK81/status/10...932930/photo/1

You could say "Children are being exterminated in government-run death camps and the police are doing nothing to stop it!" ...and Trumpkins would ask "Are they immigrants?"
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

And? What's your point?

Exactly.

To give you a comparison EU as an average has 4. USA is there with Bosnia and Serbia. Those states with 8+ are literally comparable to botswana.

Our third world country has a rate of 2.87.
    Last edited by Zeekar; June 6 2018 at 11:27:09 PM.

Bear in mind that the data for that image is almost 10 years old.

I guarantee you it's gotten worse since then.

Bear in mind that the data for that image is almost 10 years old.

I guarantee you it's gotten worse since then.
    There is a chance that the improvements due to the ACA from 2010 to 2016 were greater than the damage that's been done since then.

There's an even better chance that this just exaggerates the differences between blue and green states, as some have seen improvements while others have deliberately dragged themselves backward.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

That's a reasonable argument, I'd expect something similar.

Doesn't mean it's excusable. If anything, it's worse, from a moral standpoint.

Widening inequality is a thing.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/390...eople-of-color

A South Dakota state lawmaker argued in a Facebook comment that businesses should be allowed to turn down people based on the color of their skin.
    Of course he did...
    meh

Christina Wilkie: On April 11, I called Trump’s favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Mueller’s eye. Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. He’s still MIA.

"Meet the New York architect who was a key figure in Donald Trump's deals and connections in Eastern Europe"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Christina Wilkie: On April 11, I called Trump’s favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Mueller’s eye. Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. He’s still MIA.

"Meet the New York architect who was a key figure in Donald Trump's deals and connections in Eastern Europe"
    You left out the best bit:

There are no indications that Fotiadis has done anything wrong and no indications that Mueller is investigating that possibility.
    Reading further, his portfio looks impressive, visually certainly stunning and modern and him being a speaker at architecture conferences embracing the academic side of architecture seems quite unlike Trump.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

There are no indications that Fotiadis has done anything wrong and no indications that Mueller is investigating that possibility.
    Well I have to trick y'all into reading it now don't I?

Not sure if this has been linked yet,

Pizza delivery man turned over to ICE after making a routine delivery to Brooklyn military base
    Pablo Villavicencio-Calderon regularly delivers pizzas to Fort Hamilton, but on his latest trip, instead of returning home, he was detained by ICE and now faces deportation. Villavicencio-Calderon's wife and two children are American citizens and his green card application is still in processing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Well I have to trick y'all into reading it now don't I?

Not sure if this has been linked yet,

Pizza delivery man turned over to ICE after making a routine delivery to Brooklyn military base
    Pablo Villavicencio-Calderon regularly delivers pizzas to Fort Hamilton, but on his latest trip, instead of returning home, he was detained by ICE and now faces deportation. Villavicencio-Calderon's wife and two children are American citizens and his green card application is still in processing.
    I hope all these ICE agents have studied Nuremberg, and realize they can't use orders as a legal defense.
    meh

>muricans
    >awareness of historic precedence

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >muricans
    >awareness of historic precedence
    ignorance has never been an excuse in the eyes of the law. That doesn't stop it from being widely practiced in 'Murica, though.
    meh

Who knew that after all these years it will turn out that nazis and communists actually won.

Trump justifying tariffs on national security grounds accusing Canada of burning down the Whitehouse 1812, problem is it was the british who did it.

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a “national security” issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, “Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?” referring to the War of 1812.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...he-white-house

something something the long game
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Trump justifying tariffs on national security grounds accusing Canada of burning down the Whitehouse 1812, problem is it was the british who did it.

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a “national security” issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, “Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?” referring to the War of 1812.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...he-white-house
    Trump is an ignorant retard, who'd have thought?
    meh

i am shocked
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Sorry. I'm with Trump on this one: assigning the actions in the War of 1812 to the Canadians seems reasonable.

I mean it's not like us Australian's settled an occupied land mass and killed vast swaths of the locals. That was the British. An entirely different state, easy mistake to make really

OTOH making a joke about an event that happened over 200 years ago when discussing torching a relationship with one of your closed allies is fucking rude.

So slam him for being retarded on policy and diplomatic grounds: but on historical grounds the War of 1812 is as much part of the Canadian past as it is Britain's.