hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2441 of 2583 FirstFirst ... 144119412341239124312438243924402441244224432444245124912541 ... LastLast
Results 48,801 to 48,820 of 51643

Thread: USA Politics Thread

  1. #48801
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,133
    Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has requested the Senate Judiciary Committee provide him with immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying at an upcoming congressional hearing focused on how senior officials at the FBI and Justice Department handled the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, according to a letter obtained by CNN.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/05/polit...ley/index.html


  2. #48802
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Sessions now defending the separation of illegal immigrant children from their parents.

    Just, wow.
    After implementing the policy, did you expect them to not defend it?

    Is the policy any more wrongheaded (and it is very much wrongheaded) because they defended it after implementing it?

    You seem shocked, which seems....odd.
    With anything else I wouldnít be shocked.

    However this concerns children, admitting some culpability would seem normal. To actually defend it as necessary is fucking horrifying - itís the stuff of dystopic nightmares.

  3. #48803
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,999
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?

  4. #48804
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    Only until birth. After that they are workshy welfare scum unless they where born in the right circumstances, like to rich parents.

  5. #48805
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!

  6. #48806
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?

  7. #48807
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.

  8. #48808
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

    I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

    I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; June 6 2018 at 05:40:10 PM.
    meh

  9. #48809
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

    I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

    I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    Exactly.

    I get it. But in practice, the GOP's concern for children is extraordinarily narrow.

  10. #48810
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    They don't work and they don't vote and they don't donate to campaigns fucking freeloading scum

  11. #48811
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Sessions now defending the separation of illegal immigrant children from their parents.

    Just, wow.
    After implementing the policy, did you expect them to not defend it?

    Is the policy any more wrongheaded (and it is very much wrongheaded) because they defended it after implementing it?

    You seem shocked, which seems....odd.
    With anything else I wouldnít be shocked.

    However this concerns children, admitting some culpability would seem normal. To actually defend it as necessary is fucking horrifying - itís the stuff of dystopic nightmares.
    I mean they also allowed CHIP to run dry for a few months. The destitute donors and their tax cuts were a bigger priority at the time

    So this is not a new attitude.

  12. #48812
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,133
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

    I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

    I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    No hyperbole at all, amrite?

    Also, just to be clear, no one is split because of their skin color. They're being split because they crossed the border illegally. Like anyone put in custody for violations of law.

    Doesn't make the decision to split them up any more right or legitimate, but it's better to discuss the issue with some level of objectivity and factual accuracy.

    I'm curious Erich, how should illegal border crossed be handled as you see it?


  13. #48813

  14. #48814
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    in fairness, it is better than just being shot

  15. #48815

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Also, just to be clear, no one is split because of their skin color. They're being split because they crossed the border illegally. Like anyone put in custody for violations of law.
    fucking lol

  16. #48816
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,924
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Also, just to be clear, no one is split because of their skin color. They're being split because they crossed the border illegally. Like anyone put in custody for violations of law.
    fucking lol
    yeah no chance


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  17. #48817
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Let's just ignore inconvenient truths because the only ones that are willing to fund journalists that expose and report them are foreign powers.

    Maybe if the USA had actual impartial journalism that reported facts and wasn't owned by corporations with vested interests in the status quo Glenn Greenwald wouldn't have to work for foreign press agencies.

    We've had this disagreement before about Abby Martin so that's all I'm going to say.
    Him, Martin, a few others. You can tell the ones who took money from a hostile foreign government to sow discord and half truths inside America. That isnít journalism. Itís treason.
    Not if the president does it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  18. #48818
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

    I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

    I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    No hyperbole at all, amrite?

    Also, just to be clear, no one is split because of their skin color. They're being split because they crossed the border illegally. Like anyone put in custody for violations of law.

    Doesn't make the decision to split them up any more right or legitimate, but it's better to discuss the issue with some level of objectivity and factual accuracy.

    I'm curious Erich, how should illegal border crossed be handled as you see it?
    Yeah those criminal children
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  19. #48819
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has requested the Senate Judiciary Committee provide him with immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying at an upcoming congressional hearing focused on how senior officials at the FBI and Justice Department handled the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, according to a letter obtained by CNN.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/05/polit...ley/index.html
    Probably a wise precaution under the regime of Donald "L'Etat, c'est moi" Trump
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  20. #48820
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

    I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

    I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    No hyperbole at all, amrite?

    Also, just to be clear, no one is split because of their skin color. They're being split because they crossed the border illegally. Like anyone put in custody for violations of law.

    Doesn't make the decision to split them up any more right or legitimate, but it's better to discuss the issue with some level of objectivity and factual accuracy.

    I'm curious Erich, how should illegal border crossed be handled as you see it?
    No, no hyperbole. Iím sick of making excuses for the racist fucks that infest this country.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •