hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2438 of 2582 FirstFirst ... 143819382338238824282435243624372438243924402441244824882538 ... LastLast
Results 48,741 to 48,760 of 51637

Thread: USA Politics Thread

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The survey doesn't account for the weeb underclass then
    much like furries, weebs have a disturbing amount of disposable income and are generally decent earners

probably because anyone growing up in the shitter doesn't have the time or effort to stare at a computer screen for 8 hours a day

edit: I'm slightly dubious about that survey because I answered as though I was my father and still got mobile middle, maybe it's weighting the social options too heavily
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; June 5 2018 at 12:05:21 PM.

It's very sensitive to the social angle.

Survey appears to weight social connections far too heavily for what otherwise appears to be an economic status evaluation.

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/04/...-the-party-is/

Even after the Obama DOJ indicted Menendez and detailed all of the behavior cited by the Senate Ethics Committee, the Democrats’ senior lawmaker in Washington, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, made his solidarity with Menendez clear, heralding him as “one of the best legislators in the Senate and is always fighting hard for the people of his state,” adding: “I am confident he will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead.”

Their united front, along with the massive war chest of money Menendez has compiled from corporate interests, has made it essentially impossible for any credible primary challenge to be mounted against him.
    Not a Greenwald fan at all, but this is a good summary of how awful the Dems can be in stronghold states

Should we actually try to do better? Or just use Trump to coast into power? Decisions...

Quit giving away your economic meta-data, you scrubs.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Even after the Obama DOJ indicted Menendez and detailed all of the behavior cited by the Senate Ethics Committee, the Democrats’ senior lawmaker in Washington, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, made his solidarity with Menendez clear, heralding him as “one of the best legislators in the Senate and is always fighting hard for the people of his state,” adding: “I am confident he will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead.”

Their united front, along with the massive war chest of money Menendez has compiled from corporate interests, has made it essentially impossible for any credible primary challenge to be mounted against him.
    Not a Greenwald fan at all, but this is a good summary of how awful the Dems can be in stronghold states

Should we actually try to do better? Or just use Trump to coast into power? Decisions...
    Is Greenwald still getting his paychecks from the Kremlin?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...disappear.html
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quit giving away your economic meta-data, you scrubs.
    I spent so much time putting in fake answers to see how the categorization scheme works that I'm sure any meaningful personal meta-data is obscured. And as for the big picture data... that's fine, I don't mind sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

That doesn't change the fact that Greenwald's crictisicm if Menendez and the NJ Democratic Party is warranted and appropriate.

Dude's a scumbag and a liability to the party. But that's par for the course for liberals... so....

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

That doesn't change the fact that Greenwald's crictisicm if Menendez and the NJ Democratic Party is warranted and appropriate.

Dude's a scumbag and a liability to the party. But that's par for the course for liberals... so....
    Sure, but we shouldn’t be giving possible traitors a voice.
    meh

Let's just ignore inconvenient truths because the only ones that are willing to fund journalists that expose and report them are foreign powers.

Maybe if the USA had actual impartial journalism that reported facts and wasn't owned by corporations with vested interests in the status quo Glenn Greenwald wouldn't have to work for foreign press agencies.

We've had this disagreement before about Abby Martin so that's all I'm going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Let's just ignore inconvenient truths because the only ones that are willing to fund journalists that expose and report them are foreign powers.

Maybe if the USA had actual impartial journalism that reported facts and wasn't owned by corporations with vested interests in the status quo Glenn Greenwald wouldn't have to work for foreign press agencies.

We've had this disagreement before about Abby Martin so that's all I'm going to say.
    Him, Martin, a few others. You can tell the ones who took money from a hostile foreign government to sow discord and half truths inside America. That isn’t journalism. It’s treason.
    meh

Him, Martin, a few others. You can tell the ones who took money from a hostile foreign government to sow discord and half truths inside America. That isnt journalism. Its treason.
    1. Are they American citizens?
    2. Is it lies? (or just fox news level?)

Glenn Greenwald had a decent rep i believe, no? I mean Assange have gone of the deep end and everyone now are admitting hes on Putins payroll but i don't think everyone who at one point was involved in Wikileaks is as compromised (as far as i know).

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Him, Martin, a few others. You can tell the ones who took money from a hostile foreign government to sow discord and half truths inside America. That isn’t journalism. It’s treason.

Glenn Greenwald had a decent rep i believe, no? I mean Assange have gone of the deep end and everyone now are admitting hes on Putins payroll but i don't think everyone who at one point was involved in Wikileaks is as compromised (as far as i know).
    I’m only talking about the American citizens. There are others around the world who are also painfully obviously part of the same propaganda campaign, but Greenwald and Martin deserve a special place against a wall on the national mall.
    meh

The difference is that Russian propaganda is obvious while American propaganda pretends to be news.

No nation is better at propaganda than the United States.

The difference is that Russian propaganda is obvious while American propaganda pretends to be news.
    Because whatabouting it makes it ok.
    meh

Because whatabouting it makes it ok.
    Just saying 'whataboutism' is a lazy deflection to avoid addressing the contradictions and hypocrisy of your position (or the acts of those you are defending)

edited for clarity
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; June 5 2018 at 09:33:40 PM.

America is a perfect example of a place where a reporter exposing uncomfortable truths is a traitor to his or her country.

It's almost charming to watch.

Erich taking over for Don lately, what's up with dat?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Nah he's a reflexive anti-west/establishment guy. That means he will have his head up his ass when it comes to some topics, but be on point with others (like the linked article)

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

I’m only talking about the American citizens. There are others around the world who are also painfully obviously part of the same propaganda campaign, but Greenwald and Martin deserve a special place against a wall on the national mall.
    I just wonder why you'd want to see them dead? Did they murder your puppy or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Schumer is terrible, news at 11.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...