hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2431 of 2466 FirstFirst ... 1431193123312381242124282429243024312432243324342441 ... LastLast
Results 48,601 to 48,620 of 49301

Thread: USA Politics Thread

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    :thinking: and we're back to nitpicking and "haha le attack helicopter jokes"

the fear is real

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

the fear is real
    what do those words even mean?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

the fear is real
    what do those words even mean?
    search your feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I think you left the W out of your alphabet soup there Dorvil. Or do you think women aren't really people, eh?
    Oh shit. Please don't cancel my sit com.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

inb4 r u ok hun?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I think you left the W out of your alphabet soup there Dorvil. Or do you think women aren't really people, eh?
    Oh shit. Please don't cancel my sit com.
    Whats the reference?

Did some conservative blow their lid and get canned for calling people niggers again?

always a good laugh

What I wanted to say would be somewhere along these lines:

Certain elements of USA left are so extremely hysterical and loud, and batshit insane, that it will cause undecided or "leaning right" people who do not hold core left/democratic beliefs to go full #MAGA alt-right. Just out of reaction to sheer stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

Certain elements of USA left are so extremely hysterical and loud, and batshit insane, that it will cause undecided or "leaning right" people who do not hold core left/democratic beliefs to go full #MAGA alt-right. Just out of reaction to sheer stupidity.
    "made us do it"

bullshit argument, take some agency for your actions.

dzajic is right tho
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

"made us do it"

bullshit argument, take some agency for your actions.
    More like "people with no real political orientation or understanding can vote for terrible candidates just to spite a small but very vocal and vitriolic group they have a hate boner for".

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    The US's hardass attitude to low wage workers is a bigger problem than the twitter hate mob will ever be.
    That depends on how much damage you think the twitter hate mob does in general. Look at PETA. I'm big on animal rights and I think PETA has done massive amounts of damage to animals by shutting down the dialogue. People's minds turn off when they hear about it. You could blame the people's whose minds turn off, and sure I do too, but I also blame PETA.

Got an underprivileged group that's genuinely in need of assistance? Now you have to yell louder than all the other oppressed groups which make up basically every person on the planet with a grievance.
    Should have worded it that way from the start. Your other post was mostly referring to people fired for saying un-PC things.

I agree with what you're saying though. People will just turn off if a movement becomes represented by its crazy. Its easy to say "well you shouldn't tune all of them out", but people just don't think that way. The activist left really should get a clue when it comes to their messaging/image

Just want to say that Star Trek TOS was very progressive for its time (despite the overrepresentation of white males). First interracial kiss on TV, and Uhura was a high ranking officer, not a receptionist.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

inb4 dorvil actually worse than Hitler

I knew that comic would get a bite

I knew that comic would get a bite
    Well, I didn't want to bother to respond to your post pretending you haven't heard about Rosanne Barr, so I guess you have a 50% success rate trolling me. (Oh no, did I just put it up to 100%?)

Just want to say that Star Trek TOS was very progressive for its time (despite the overrepresentation of white males). First interracial kiss on TV, and Uhura was a high ranking officer, not a receptionist.
    First episode date: September 8, 1966

Considering that this was aired during the height of the civil rights movement yeah, it was beyond simply "progressive" for its time. But I guess it's easier to draw a shitty slacktivist comic on twitter than get on the streets and fight for real change like the civil rights activists did - let alone get a boundary breaking show like Star Trek aired in an era with extremely racist television executives.

Yes, wanted to say that as well. Someone was going for edgelord points with it.

From the "white male" crew you get: Checkov who is a commie asiatic untermensch Russian, Sulu being Asian/Japanese with those being discriminated and demonized in USA since forever.
    Only truly white main cast members are Kirk, McCoy and Scotty. Spock is an alien remember...

And oh boy Uhura. Scandal no 1, female officer, unspeakable. Scandal no 2, black women in the navy?! Outrageous! And to top it all, number 3, interracial kiss! Horrendous, disgusting, race mixing in my TV in 1969! What is happening with America!

amusing that an interracial kiss in movies nowadays still provokes the same reaction

I'd hit Uhura ifuknowwhaddumsayin

amusing that an interracial kiss in movies nowadays still provokes the same reaction
    citation needed