hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2429 of 2463 FirstFirst ... 1429192923292379241924262427242824292430243124322439 ... LastLast
Results 48,561 to 48,580 of 49249

Thread: USA Politics Thread

A rather timely article on Brewers and the Tariffs:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/02/polit...cut/index.html

An couple of interesting points:

"By and large, our members have not seen the tariffs hit their balance sheets or the profit and loss statements yet, but if the tariffs stay in place, that will have an impact, and that will not be good for small and independent brewers," Pease said. "If breweries have to pay 25% more on steel, that's going to impact new brewery builds, that's going to impact expansions and it could impact purchases as well, in terms of kegs, brewhouses -- all things that are very expensive."
    I note here that the advocacy group doesn't mention mass closures and destruction of the industry as a whole.

The group of small brewers isn't focused only on the aluminum and steel tariffs, though. It's also lobbying Congress to make permanent a two-year reduction in federal excise taxes worth $4.2 billion, which passed in December as part of the tax overhaul. Small brewers saw their tax rate cut in half, from $7 to $3.50 per barrel for the first 60,000 barrels.
    Seems the Trump giveth and the Trump taketh away.

One might wonder what the net effect of the reduction of tax burden vs. the increased cost of stainless steel use may be.

Another informative read on the topic here: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...531-story.html
    Last edited by Alistair; June 3 2018 at 12:17:55 PM.

America has become a society legendary across the globe for its cruelty. Kids shooting one another at school. People crowdfunding insulin. Families that canít afford $500 for an emergency. Young people whoíll never retire, who canít afford to have families, and donít have much of a future. Cruelty is the pen which writes the story of American collapse.
    The Hardening of the American Heart

China just beat the US on healthy life expectancy.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/china...correct-2018-5

How relevant is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    America has become a society legendary across the globe for its cruelty. Kids shooting one another at school. People crowdfunding insulin. Families that canít afford $500 for an emergency. Young people whoíll never retire, who canít afford to have families, and donít have much of a future. Cruelty is the pen which writes the story of American collapse.
    I mean, Iím not saying there arenít problems, but our vampiric commentator there must live in a shithole if people where he is ďget instantly firedĒ for making a compassionate decision. Thatís pretty much illegal.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I mean, Iím not saying there arenít problems, but our vampiric commentator there must live in a shithole if people where he is ďget instantly firedĒ for making a compassionate decision. Thatís pretty much illegal.
    Well there's definitely managerial positions that are expected to act more like enforcers

America has become a society legendary across the globe for its cruelty. Kids shooting one another at school. People crowdfunding insulin. Families that can’t afford $500 for an emergency. Young people who’ll never retire, who can’t afford to have families, and don’t have much of a future. Cruelty is the pen which writes the story of American collapse.
    I mean, I’m not saying there aren’t problems, but our vampiric commentator there must live in a shithole if people where he is “get instantly fired” for making a compassionate decision. That’s pretty much illegal.
    At-will employment, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    America has become a society legendary across the globe for its cruelty. Kids shooting one another at school. People crowdfunding insulin. Families that can’t afford $500 for an emergency. Young people who’ll never retire, who can’t afford to have families, and don’t have much of a future. Cruelty is the pen which writes the story of American collapse.
    I mean, I’m not saying there aren’t problems, but our vampiric commentator there must live in a shithole if people where he is “get instantly fired” for making a compassionate decision. That’s pretty much illegal.
    Well there's definitely managerial positions that are expected to act more like enforcers
    And there are also definitely jobs where you get fired if someone thinks you've been remotely racist, prejudice, or whatever. The author is transparently fanatical.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Oh heaven forfend that anyone should infringe on your right to racism and prejudice. Such fanaticism!

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    And there are also definitely jobs where you get fired if someone thinks you've been remotely racist, prejudice, or whatever. The author is transparently fanatical.
    ...good?

FIRST THEY CAME for the prejudiced bigots, and we all said "good job" and high fived as security dragged them out the building

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post

The US's hardass attitude to low wage workers is a bigger problem than the twitter hate mob will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    ...good?

FIRST THEY CAME for the prejudiced bigots, and we all said "good job" and high fived as security dragged them out the building
    http://kutv.com/news/nation-world/po...-after-closing

Is this good?
    Last edited by mewninn; June 3 2018 at 05:23:42 PM.

What use is it having all them guns and military and police if they can't even shoot the pesky minorities oh sorry terrorists and drug dealers, definitely not minorities?

That is fake, right? Satire? Or bad fake news? It has to be!

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    That is fake, right? Satire? Or bad fake news? It has to be!
    Think it's real oh wow haha

From the bakery's facebook post:

Even though a very large portion of our staff are women of color and/or members of the LGBTQPOC community . . .
    What, People of Color are now part of the LGBTQ community? I know some black folk that aren't going to be too happy to learn that.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    From the bakery's facebook post:

Even though a very large portion of our staff are women of color and/or members of the LGBTQPOC community . . .
    What, People of Color are now part of the LGBTQ community? I know some black folk that aren't going to be too happy to learn that.
    Paedosexual, Otherkin, Copraphiles you shitlord.

The bakery says they welcome customers who share their values of "inclusivity and dismantling the white supremacist hetero-patriarchy."

should start by including personnel that just do their job idk
    Last edited by RazoR; June 3 2018 at 07:25:52 PM.

I usually try to welcome customers that have money, but whatever you are in to.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

American policy in short

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

LGBTQBAH community, blacks, asians hispanics, gotta catch all of the oppressed groups!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    When inequality benefits you, equality is a threat so you'd better make fun of it!

(idk why the idea that minority groups should band together causes such mockery and fear~~~~)