hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2417 of 2472 FirstFirst ... 14171917231723672407241424152416241724182419242024272467 ... LastLast
Results 48,321 to 48,340 of 49430

Thread: USA Politics Thread

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    No rebuttals?
    Sorry, I decided my Sunday would be much better spent with my wife than you, enjoying a tour of four local craft breweries and an award winning local craft distillery followed up by dinner at the best burger joint in the Mid-Atlantic.

Gonna be honest with you, no regrets.

As to rebuttal, as soon as you make even a cursory effort to represent the things I say and positions I take correctly, I'll be happy to engage you again.

If all you have to offer is various forms of "...why don't you stop beating your wife and kids, what......NO REBUTTAL!!!" then there is nothing to engage with you about.

Enjoy your evening Xeno.
    Cripes, I wasn't expecting some teenage fanfiction tier humblebragging as a response, good shit. None of this post/the post below it retract your numerous statements in support of GOP policy.

Simply saying "nah I don't agree" whilst repeatedly supporting, defending or whatabouting the same policies doesn't really mean anything fam

It's equivalent to me saying "no I don't like weeb shit", we have 7+ years of your posting to base our perception on you upon
    /chuckle
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; May 27 2018 at 11:30:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Literally worse than Trump?
    I bet he secretly wears an orange wig, and has scheduled a finger-shortening cosmetic surgery to flip the channel away from fake news a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Don't try citizen deportation at home, kids.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ina/ar-AAxSvpB

Jonathan McConkey, a pilot and instructor at IASCO Flight Training school, is accused of carrying out the would-be kidnapping with his assistant, Kelsi Hoser. The two allegedly showed up at Shi's home in an attempt to send him "back to China," police said.

"When Shi refused, McConkey battered him, and threatened physical violence if he did not go with them," the police said in a statement. "Shi ultimately left with them in fear for his safety and was transported to the Redding Municipal Airport to be sent back to China."

All three were found by police at the airport and McConkey and Hoser were arrested on conspiracy and kidnapping charges. Police did not indicate why the suspects wanted to deport Shi.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Would you guys hurry up and build the damn wall already. Haven't enough children been separated from their families by 'accidentally' crossing this unprotected border! Wont someone please think of the children and build the great wall of trump!
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

You could have shrunk it down a little.. You are literally worse than Hitler for not doing that.

Edit: Also it should be stars so they know they are special.. Big yellow stars..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

why not a vague taco shape with Mexican in the center ?

also stop being a scrub and get a proper sized screen lana.
    Last edited by Liare; May 28 2018 at 07:44:52 AM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Lol

TIL Enforcing immigration law like every other country on earth is the same as sending people to the gas chambers.

>Getting up tight over yellow wrist bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Lol

TIL Enforcing immigration law like every other country on earth is the same as sending people to the gas chambers.

Except they are not enforcing it "like every other country" since they are actively stealing kids of the illegal immigrants as punishment.
    No other country does this.

It is not the same!

He's a white fuckwad, to him, he benefits so why not pretend it is?

As the saying goes, if you have a privileged position in society, then equality feels like persecution.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

And that makes it better and or right to split parents from their kids?
    That's a moral question.

Up to you to decide if it's right or not, and what to do about it if you think it's not right.

Well, it'd be up to you if you were a voting U.S. citizen. Which you're not.

I could point out here that I've been voting mostly for a party for open border unlimited immigration (the Libertarians). So yeah.

I'm curious, does Germany ever split families who come into Germany illegally?
    I think you know the answer to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/SY3V2ex./IMG]

related.
    Lol

Except they are not enforcing it "like every other country" since they are actively stealing kids of the illegal immigrants as punishment.
    No other country does this.

It is not the same!
    I can think of two instances in German history where children were forcibly taken from their parents, one did it with non-Germans (Nazis) the other did it with non-conforming citizens (East Germany). So the only time this happened in Germany were both under dictatorships.
    nevar forget

Spoiler:
    Lol

fun fact, the deportations to the concentration camps was in fact, completely legal per the german legal code at the time, that does not make it ethically defensible, or any less criminal.

there is a enormous gap between making something legal by law, and the ethics of the action that implies, state sponsored kidnapping is well understood to be on the wrong side of that line. the point here is to highlight the parallels at work in how the US is handling the situation, not to imply that child abduction equals gas-chambers.

but then, trust a right-wing mong like yourself to not have the capability to see that distinction, you're probably too busy cheering for the bully-boys in black tactical gear, aren't you ?
    Viking, n.:

Spoiler:
    Lol

fun fact, the deportations to the concentration camps was in fact, completely legal per the german legal code at the time, that does not make it ethically defensible, or any less criminal.
    Basically the whole point of the outcome of the Nuremburg Trials was to make it clear that there's "legal" that can't ever be "legal", no matter what. And that must be refused to follow/execute. This, ofc, is easier said than done.

Spoiler:
    Lol

No, i would on the contrary argue that the concentration camp system was a prime example of the prerogative state

Not really following the jargon. You're saying that because it was an element of the prerogative state it wasn't legal even under German law?

Edit: ah, I get it. By it's very nature a prerogative state is extra-legal (in that the normal law does not apply to that group) so that it's wrong to say that the concentration camps are legal because they're not part of the normal legal-system of the state.... which seems reasonable to apply to many western approaches to immigration (certainly it would appear to be accurate to describe Austrlalia's system as a dual-state system: potentially illegal immigrants are granted the prerogative of indefinite detention without trial).
    Last edited by Kai; May 28 2018 at 11:42:46 AM.

Why should people even bother with legal immigration, spending years in legal limbo, if illegal immigration is a just and moral thing to do?

Or should the priviledge of unlimited illegal imigration be granted only to poor brown people, and eveyone else has to try the legal way?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Why should people even bother with legal immigration, spending years in legal limbo, if illegal immigration is a just and moral thing to do?

Or should the priviledge of unlimited illegal imigration be granted only to poor brown people, and eveyone else has to try the legal way?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

it was a rhetorical question, you spastic

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

In Isyel's defence it's difficult to keep a track on everyone's political leanings to know when they're posting rhetorical questions ironically or unironically.