hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2251 of 2407 FirstFirst ... 125117512151220122412248224922502251225222532254226123012351 ... LastLast
Results 45,001 to 45,020 of 48140

Thread: USA Politics Thread

..... And the government is shut down again.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I'm sure the markets will react positively to this news tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    So is Alistair ever coming back or is he going to pull a Smuggo-tier "stop bullying me omg" flounce?
    Youll have to forgive me, had a death in the immediate family and had to take a flight and have been offline.

Funeral was today.
    Condolences and hope that the rest of the family is all right as well.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    So is Alistair ever coming back or is he going to pull a Smuggo-tier "stop bullying me omg" flounce?
    Youll have to forgive me, had a death in the immediate family and had to take a flight and have been offline.

Funeral was today.
    Condolences and hope that the rest of the family is all right as well.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Among retards, yes, it probably is.
    it's followed religiously by among others president elect Donald "screaming orange monkey" Trump. as well as a significant chunk of the american electorate.

so yes, there is cause for concern, what's even worse, though wholly unsurprising is the way he's basically being thrown to the sharks by the university itself.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it's followed religiously by among others president elect Donald "screaming orange monkey" Trump. as well as a significant chunk of the american electorate.
    I rest my case.
    meh

Funeral was today.
    My condolences.

Them Democrats di.... oh wait.

I rest my case.
    Uhhhh...Are you sure about that?

30-40% of your population is dumb enough to care about it.

So you might need a little bit more to justify...

A blog no body reads by a bunch of right wing cucks no one cares about
    I'm no legal expert, but resting your case at that point seems a little foolish

And it's open again...

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    And it's open again...
    Schrodinger's Government: The US government is simultaneously open and closed, even after you observe Congress.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I rest my case.

this not the first time this year, or indeed month that Erich has presented a truly bad take.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Funeral was today.
    Condolences. =(

And take it easy, there's more important stuff in life than to argue on FHC; focus on your family first.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

I rest my case.

this not the first time this year, or indeed month that Erich has presented a truly bad take.
    That Fox and Friends is enjoyed by retards is not, sadly, a bad take.

Also lol right wing paper on the Stanford Campus. No one there pretty much cares or reads it. The fact the fascist right wing propagandists want to amplify this because it’s the kind of nonsense dog whistle that elicits a Pavlovian response from them. Also, I ho-e this makes them famous on campus. Maybe they’ll get a little visit from the terrorists that are there.
    meh

My condolences, Alistair. Take it easy, man.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

I rest my case.

Also lol right wing paper on the Stanford Campus. No one there pretty much cares or reads it. The fact the fascist right wing propagandists want to amplify this because it’s the kind of nonsense dog whistle that elicits a Pavlovian response from them. Also, I ho-e this makes them famous on campus. Maybe they’ll get a little visit from the terrorists that are there.
    Fun fact: you know Leland Stanford was a comrade?

http://dynamics.org/%7Ealtenber/PAPERS/BCLSFV/

Well, not actually a comrade, but close enough that we on the American Left really should be talking about his ideas more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen. Leland Stanford
    In a condition of society and under an industrial organization which places labor completely at the mercy of capital, the accumulations of capital will necessarily be rapid, and an unequal distribution of wealth is at once to be observed. This tendency would be carried to the utmost extreme, until eventually the largest accumulations of capital would not only subordinate labor but would override smaller aggregations.

The one remedy for this tendency, which to all appearances has been ineradicable from the industrial system, is the cooperation and intelligent direction of labor.

What I believe is, the time has come when the laboring men can perform for themselves the office of becoming their own employers; that the employer class is less indispensable in the modern organization of industries because the laboring men themselves possess sufficient intelligence to organize into co-operative relation and enjoy the entire benefits of their own labor. Whenever labor is sufficiently intelligent to do this, it should not wait patiently for it own employment by capital and enterprise, because whoever is competent to furnish himself employment, and therefore receive the full result of his own effort and hires out his time, is thereby rendering a voluntary servitude to capital, and every man possessed of industrial capacity is in possession of capital, for it is out of that industrial capacity that capital Is sustained in activity.

With a greater intelligence, and with a better understanding of the principles of cooperation, the adoption of them in practice will, in time I imagine, cause most of the industries of the country to be carried on by these cooperative associations.
    His university was founded with the explicit mission of promoting this kind of leftist exploration of political economy, worker cooperatives, etc. Of course he died right after the school opened, and it rapidly became just another capitalist business school, ignoring its chartered mission.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; February 9 2018 at 05:13:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I rest my case.

Fun fact: you know Leland Stanford was a comrade?

http://dynamics.org/%7Ealtenber/PAPERS/BCLSFV/

Well, not actually a comrade, but close enough that we on the American Left really should be talking about his ideas more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen. Leland Stanford
    In a condition of society and under an industrial organization which places labor completely at the mercy of capital, the accumulations of capital will necessarily be rapid, and an unequal distribution of wealth is at once to be observed. This tendency would be carried to the utmost extreme, until eventually the largest accumulations of capital would not only subordinate labor but would override smaller aggregations.

The one remedy for this tendency, which to all appearances has been ineradicable from the industrial system, is the cooperation and intelligent direction of labor.

What I believe is, the time has come when the laboring men can perform for themselves the office of becoming their own employers; that the employer class is less indispensable in the modern organization of industries because the laboring men themselves possess sufficient intelligence to organize into co-operative relation and enjoy the entire benefits of their own labor. Whenever labor is sufficiently intelligent to do this, it should not wait patiently for it own employment by capital and enterprise, because whoever is competent to furnish himself employment, and therefore receive the full result of his own effort and hires out his time, is thereby rendering a voluntary servitude to capital, and every man possessed of industrial capacity is in possession of capital, for it is out of that industrial capacity that capital Is sustained in activity.

With a greater intelligence, and with a better understanding of the principles of cooperation, the adoption of them in practice will, in time I imagine, cause most of the industries of the country to be carried on by these cooperative associations.
    His university was founded with the explicit mission of promoting this kind of leftist exploration of political economy, worker cooperatives, etc. Of course he died right after the school opened, and it rapidly became just another capitalist business school, ignoring its chartered mission.
    There is a hell of a lot more to Stanford than their business school m8, but yeah, Leland was seemingly a good bloke.

I'm well aware, having spent quite a bit of time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I'm well aware, having spent quite a bit of time there.
    My first address in the US was in College Terrace.

I'm not sure whether that's something to be proud of or ashamed of.

Of course I went to Cal so I have a bit of a skewed view towards Stanford and its environs.