hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2248 of 2277 FirstFirst ... 1248174821482198223822452246224722482249225022512258 ... LastLast
Results 44,941 to 44,960 of 45535

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Today in news with actually, literally made me scream (I ran out of profanities, that left screaming):

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway has taken control of the opioids agenda, quietly freezing out drug policy professionals and relying instead on political staff to address a lethal crisis claiming about 175 lives a day. The main response so far has been to call for a border wall and to promise a "just say no” campaign.

People are literally dying, every day, primarily in our poorest communities around the country. And they're pushing out the people who actually know what the fuck they're doing and replacing them with "JUST SAY NO" and calls for a fucking wall, as if the origin of this shit isn't domestic.
    Maybe they should stop taking said drugs?
    Drugs which have withdrawal symptoms that include death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Today in news with actually, literally made me scream (I ran out of profanities, that left screaming):

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway has taken control of the opioids agenda, quietly freezing out drug policy professionals and relying instead on political staff to address a lethal crisis claiming about 175 lives a day. The main response so far has been to call for a border wall and to promise a "just say no” campaign.

People are literally dying, every day, primarily in our poorest communities around the country. And they're pushing out the people who actually know what the fuck they're doing and replacing them with "JUST SAY NO" and calls for a fucking wall, as if the origin of this shit isn't domestic.
    "I solved the issue"

Chris bell did a really good documentary about opioids called prescription thugs in 2015. Worth watching alongside bigger, stronger, faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

You can't die from opioid withdrawal though.
    You might wish you would but you won't.

Alcohol and benzodiazepines are the cold turkey killers.

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    I wonder how many of those drug policy professionals are part of the problem that made opioids so easy to get. This all mostly kicked off from a shift in policy that encouraged opiate prescription for every minor ouchy.
    Next up, Tellenta tells us why you should never cross the street because someone was once knocked down by a drunk driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

Derpin from Chinaphone
    Yeah you can. It's easily preventable, but especially given the overall state of health of opioid addicts there's a whole bunch of ways you can die. Including some fairly unpleasant ones involving vomiting and shitting yourself until you're so dry your heart stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    This is a discussion forum. We discuss things.
    Then discuss it.
    I've already started. My primary interest in articles like this is why people seem to squirm so much when you try to pin them down on their own analysis of them.
    You don't need my analysis to form your own on the merits of this article or any other.

I know what I think. It's far more interesting to see what you all think, or not, as the case may be.

My primary interest in posting articles such as this as twofold: To see what my fellows here think, if anything. And to see if you discuss it in any form.

The article makes it's point rather clearly: Was the President involved in the Clinton Email investigation (he claimed he was not if I recall), and if so, was he involved in a way that would be considered inappropriate or otherwise would have biased the investigation or investigators.

What do you need to hear from me to comment on that question exactly?

Okay, I'll bite.

What makes you think the message is at all related to the Clinton emails? We're just given a message exchanged by two agents and Fox news simply attach it to the Clinton emails without any indication that the message is at all related to that.

If it were, it would be easy to state that in the next few days, Comey was interviewed especially re: Clinton emails, but no such link is given. So as a critical reader, I wonder why the message is linked to Clinton emails in the Fox news story?

Hence, my question: why do you want us to discuss this? Do you have something more to add that would add veracity to the interpretation put forward by Fox?
    Because it suits FOX agenda.

Derpin from Chinaphone
    I like alcohol

Derpin from Chinaphone
    I like alcohol
    then going cold turkey and dying isnt going to be an issue. YAY FOR SCIENCE! Beer is literally keeping us alive

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

Derpin from Chinaphone
    Yeah you can. It's easily preventable, but especially given the overall state of health of opioid addicts there's a whole bunch of ways you can die. Including some fairly unpleasant ones involving vomiting and shitting yourself until you're so dry your heart stops.
    No you don't.

You might Die from health issues associated with long term addiction and iv injection but not the withdrawal.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Being an alcoholic just on beer is allmost impossible.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

Derpin from Chinaphone
    I like alcohol
    then going cold turkey and dying isnt going to be an issue. YAY FOR SCIENCE! Beer is literally keeping us alive
    Literally!

Now how to explain this to others

This is a discussion forum. We discuss things.
    Then discuss it.
    I've already started. My primary interest in articles like this is why people seem to squirm so much when you try to pin them down on their own analysis of them.
    You don't need my analysis to form your own on the merits of this article or any other.

I know what I think. It's far more interesting to see what you all think, or not, as the case may be.

My primary interest in posting articles such as this as twofold: To see what my fellows here think, if anything. And to see if you discuss it in any form.

The article makes it's point rather clearly: Was the President involved in the Clinton Email investigation (he claimed he was not if I recall), and if so, was he involved in a way that would be considered inappropriate or otherwise would have biased the investigation or investigators.

What do you need to hear from me to comment on that question exactly?

Okay, I'll bite.

What makes you think the message is at all related to the Clinton emails? We're just given a message exchanged by two agents and Fox news simply attach it to the Clinton emails without any indication that the message is at all related to that.

If it were, it would be easy to state that in the next few days, Comey was interviewed especially re: Clinton emails, but no such link is given. So as a critical reader, I wonder why the message is linked to Clinton emails in the Fox news story?

Hence, my question: why do you want us to discuss this? Do you have something more to add that would add veracity to the interpretation put forward by Fox?
    There is nothing to "bite" on. The article is what it is. If you want to know more, I would suggest you read the source material FOX links in the article.
    I still wonder what you want us to discuss. It would be helpful if you started the discussion by making a point?

First, I read the congressional documents. Let me say that, phew lad, those FBI agents sure are drama queens.

What I gathered from reading all that is that two agents really disliked Trump. One of their bosses might have disliked Trump too. I just wonder, what then? The congressional document suggests that Clinton was thus treated too leniently and imply that this is potentially due to the fact that there's a pro-Clinton sentiment in the FBI. But I mean, how, what? Weren't all the facts of the Clinton case already out in the open? She was being interrogated again and again, and the case was even reopened at a critical moment in the election campaign. Clinton herself seemed to argue that reopening the case might have cost her the election - surely that suggest the FBI was not out to get her win the election and obstruct justice?

And those text messages also point out that the FBI was looking at the alleged russian collusion. However, the FBI did not come out with that data, although that surely would have helped the Clinton campaign. Would that not imply Trump bias? If Obama was involved, it sure seems like he didn't want to release information that would be harmful to Trump.

Again, it'd really help if you'd make a point you want to argue. It'd start a discussion here. I just see the Fox story and the Congressional report basically just cherry picking facts to spin a story.

Let me ask you - why did you want us to read it?
    Last edited by Timaios; February 7 2018 at 08:21:52 PM.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

So he can show us how much he criticises both sides

Or how both Clinton haters and Trump haters are equally bad?

I mean, those people had EVERYTHING they would need to really hurt the Trump campaign and let's assume that even Obama was in on it - and they DIDN'T RELEASE THE INFO.

There's either a massive anti-Trump collusion going on but everyone in on it is literally retarded to the degree that daffodils beat them on cognitive abilities, or there's no systematic collusion for Clinton.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

I've seen literally hundreds that are actual alcoholics that drink only beer over my health care career
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

...or there's no systematic collusion for Clinton.
    Yes, but in this case, there would be literally no reason for the Republican Party to exist for the last 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

I've seen literally hundreds that are actual alcoholics that drink only beer over my health care career
    It's the 'soft' option for Alckies who have fucked their liver but still want to get dickered.

Or how both Clinton haters and Trump haters are equally bad?

I mean, those people had EVERYTHING they would need to really hurt the Trump campaign and let's assume that even Obama was in on it - and they DIDN'T RELEASE THE INFO.

There's either a massive anti-Trump collusion going on but everyone in on it is literally retarded to the degree that daffodils beat them on cognitive abilities, or there's no systematic collusion for Clinton.

Id assumed it was common knowledge by now:

Mitch the Turtle threatened to call it a partisan witchhunt when Obama proposed to make the public aware of ongoing russian psyops, which, to be clear, were pushing both MAGA and Bernie hard. Rather than risk an immediate escalation, Obama backed down and did the stuff with the embassy as not so veiled retaliation. That turned out to be a total dud, since Trump will happily invite anyone who doesnt openly criticize him into his living room, i.e. the RUSRUS.

The question is, why did Mitch do that? Was he in on it, was he just being politically opportunistic but morally bankrupt, or was it one of his famous kneejerk "fuck Obummer" tantrums?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 7 2018 at 10:05:38 PM.