hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2233 of 2274 FirstFirst ... 1233173321332183222322302231223222332234223522362243 ... LastLast
Results 44,641 to 44,660 of 45467

Thread: USA Politics Thread

classic republican't scenes
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Just going to leave this here among my fellow connoisseurs

Lottery winner dies weeks after cashing in $1 million scratch-off ticket

I'm trying to decide how the GOP would have responded if the Dems/Obama had talked of "cleansing" the military after their total victory in 2008. You know, because top generals wouldn't pledge their loyalty to Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Why are old people allowed to hold public office

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    FBI in full court press Defensive CYA Mode non-shocker.

Sunshine and openness in Government serves all.

If the Intelligence Committee memo is factually wrong or incomplete, then let the FBI prove it wrong with more facts.

What's hilarious is the full "We're with the FBI!" mode of liberal media personalities, that in any other circumstance, would be spitting in those FBI agents faces and calling them fascists, lol. Oh, politics.

Don't buy into this memo somehow destroying all of the US's ability to enforce law or collect intelligence, that's so much obvious hurfablurf don't look behind the curtain crap, it's amazing even the hardcore partisans here buy it.
    The FBI tried to prove it wrong with more facts. The GOP decided not to release those for a while.

Delaying the release of the full information until after Muller's investigation has been castrated will just be a coincidence. I'm sure.
    Open Government is the best Government. Issues as important as these should not be permitted to live in shadows.

The accusations against the FBI are material and if true, very very disturbing. Of course the FBI will defend itself and CYA to the fullest.

Sunshine the lot IMO. Sunshine the Clinton email investigation. The Russian investigation. And the FBI and how they do business as a whole. Open and transparent Government is the best Government.

Not to help Trump, as I've said repeatedly, if he broke the law I want him impeached asap. And I want him to lose in 2020 to a Democrat. He's a horror show.

But because abuses of power by Government agencies and administrations, especially based on politics, is wrong and should be stamped out no matter who the victim is. Be it Clinton or Trump or anyone else. Same way illegal election tampering with external nations should be.

My position is consistent. Trump asking for "loyalty pledges" a la Hitler is utterly unacceptable. That too must be looked into, along with the Russia probe. Civil servants do not pledge loyalty to the President, they serve the State and the Constitution (no matter how crazy their interpretation of it may sometimes be).

I don't trust this Republican memo, but I'm going to read it with an open mind, same way I'll read the Democrat defense memo (when it's leaked, and it will be) and the FBI's defense/CYA with an open mind.

Alot of bad shit happened in the Clinton/Trump election cycle. All the way round. I'd like our country to get to the bottom of all of it, because right now, it looks like our system is about as fair and reliable as some 3rd world banana republic.

P.S. I guarantee you the Memo turns out to be a massive disappointment and a total non-starter when all is said and done. Sound and fury, as usual.
    Last edited by Alistair; February 1 2018 at 04:32:07 PM.
    This message is hidden because Don Rumata is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Isyel is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because XenosisMk4 is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Malcanis is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Bartholomeus Crane is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Varcaus is on your ignore list.

Of course the FBI will defend itself and CYA to the fullest.
    No they won't and no they can't. Which bit of "classified" do you find hard to comprehend?

I don't trust this Republican memo, but I'm going to read it with an open mind, same way I'll read the Democrat defense memo (when it's leaked, and it will be) and the FBI's defense/CYA with an open mind.
    There's no point. Republicans have picked their talking points and censored anything that goes against it. And they have censored.

Portraying to have an open mind and thinking you can come to a good conclusion about this is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    There's no point. Republicans have picked their talking points and censored anything that goes against it. And they have censored.

Portraying to have an open mind and thinking you can come to a good conclusion about this is laughable.
    Honestly what's the point? It's not like 'coming to a conclusion' about anything politicians do is going to affect anything since they literally disregard public opinion at all times.

CBS: White House backs down, will not release the memo, will return it to House Intel Committee.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-...nce-committee/

Amazing american scenes. Could not have been a better House of Cards episode. Trump even does his own cliffhangers and episode descriptions.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

It's way to retarded for house of cards.

This is more accurate http://imdb.com/title/tt4877736/
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yes public info on sensitive investigations surely benefits everyone and doesn't at all get twisted in x ways and affect y shit. Nope. Never. Totally.
    ~Nunes~ Nunca!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Sunshine the Clinton email investigation.
    If there were anything there, Trump would have had Sessions appoint a special prosecutor. But there isn't. A year has gone by, and there has been no investigation.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    They should have let Trump release the memo by himself. This would make the obstruction of justice case even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Sunshine the Clinton email investigation.
    If there were anything there, Trump would have had Sessions appoint a special prosecutor. But there isn't. A year has gone by, and there has been no investigation.
    1. Competence, Logic and Quality Administration

2. Trump Administration

Pick one.

That, and the entire point of the memo is (in part) to show that the FBI and Justice Dept. (who would control any new investigations) were biased. Expecting folks Trump and Co. claim were biased for Clinton to now want new investigations is stretch.
    This message is hidden because Don Rumata is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Isyel is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because XenosisMk4 is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Malcanis is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Bartholomeus Crane is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Varcaus is on your ignore list.

As seen with that Ben Ghazi guy, the House has no problem doing infinite investigating if it has the name Clinton on it. They tried to make Uranium the next big thing and failed. What makes you think ANY republican wouldnt dogpile on But Her Emails if there were anything left to milk from it?

On top, claiming pro-Clinton bias after the Comey letter (and the Guiliani-NY field office connection) has passed the irony event horizon, forever.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 1 2018 at 11:32:25 PM.

http://time.com/5119759/guggenheim-o...-donald-trump/

President Trump Asked a Museum for a Van Gogh for the White House. He Was Offered a Gold Toilet Instead

(NEW YORK) — Donald and Melania Trump wanted to borrow a Van Gogh painting from a New York museum for their White House private quarters. Instead, The Washington Post reports , the Guggenheim Museum’s chief curator came up with a pointedly satirical counter-offer: a working solid-gold toilet made by an Italian artist.

Curator Nancy Spector has been openly critical of Trump in social media. She emailed the White House Office of the Curator in September to say that the Trumps could borrow the toilet installation used by visitors in a museum restroom until mid-September. The 18-karat toilet , titled “America,” is Maurizio Cattelan’s jab at the nation’s greedier instincts. It has an estimated value topping $1 million.

Spector included a photograph in her email, saying, “We are sorry not to be able to accommodate your original request, but remain hopeful that this special offer may be of interest.” The toilet could be “a long-term loan,” she wrote. “It is, of course, extremely valuable and somewhat fragile, but we would provide all the instructions for its installation and care.”

The Post said the White House has stayed silent on the subject.
    https://www.guggenheim.org/exhibitio...ttelan-america