hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2230 of 2410 FirstFirst ... 123017302130218022202227222822292230223122322233224022802330 ... LastLast
Results 44,581 to 44,600 of 48194

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    So Congress passed a law calling for sanctions on Russia. Almost unanimously. Trump signed it.

The Whitehouse has now said, "Nah, we're not actually gonna sanction them."
    Congress passed laws about immigration too.

The Whitehouse said ""Nah, we're not actually gonna enforce it".

Personally, I'd like to move away from presidents who say "Nah" on duly passed laws.

But I'd wager most folks like it, as long as it is ok when they do it, and crushed hard when the other side does it.
    It's true. But context matters, and this isn't just a case of the executive being a little too selective about how it executes the law.

98/100 senators and 535/538 reps voted for the sanctions, and a president suspected of ties to the sanctioned country decided "Nah," after signing the bill... feels like a slightly bigger deal.

Then there's the entire intelligence community saying that the Russians are gearing up to influence/attack the 2018 elections, and the whitehouse (and (R)s in general) just shrugging.
    Well, easy solution: Prove criminal collusion and impeach him. I keep hearing how obvious it is, how much evidence there is......so, charge him.

And save us all.
    We're waiting on the same special prosecutor as everyone else, except the un-american pieces of shit in the congressional GOP who are trying to pervert the ends of justice there.
    Do you have proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Why arent you guys forming lynch mobs if hes so bad", says the KKK.

Not aimed at you specifically Alistair, just a general vibe i get from the Trumpsters every time this song and dance plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    So Congress passed a law calling for sanctions on Russia. Almost unanimously. Trump signed it.

Personally, I'd like to move away from presidents who say "Nah" on duly passed laws.

But I'd wager most folks like it, as long as it is ok when they do it, and crushed hard when the other side does it.
    It's true. But context matters, and this isn't just a case of the executive being a little too selective about how it executes the law.

98/100 senators and 535/538 reps voted for the sanctions, and a president suspected of ties to the sanctioned country decided "Nah," after signing the bill... feels like a slightly bigger deal.

Then there's the entire intelligence community saying that the Russians are gearing up to influence/attack the 2018 elections, and the whitehouse (and (R)s in general) just shrugging.
    Well, easy solution: Prove criminal collusion and impeach him. I keep hearing how obvious it is, how much evidence there is......so, charge him.

And save us all.
    We're waiting on the same special prosecutor as everyone else, except the un-american pieces of shit in the congressional GOP who are trying to pervert the ends of justice there.
    Do you have proof

Nunes is from Fresno. Fresno is the asshole of the universe, therefore Nunes is a piece of shit.
    meh

And save us all.
    i.e. using their authority to expose the rampant bias in Government and Intelligence services while guys like you stick your fingers in your ears and go "nyah, nyah, nyah, can't hear YOU, Trump is Hitler, the Dossier is 100% true, nyah, nyah!!!!!"

Whats sad is that no matter what the memo says or exposes, no matter what abuses it may show, you won't believe it or you'll 'ends justify means' excuse it.

Because in your wold, wrongdoing only happens on one side. Claims the other way, must be lies. Your more like a FOX news viewer screaming "Fake news" at anything you don't agree with.

I mean after all, you ARE the guy who wants to genocide all people on the right.....so yeah. A wee bit biased here.

Listen, if it's such an open and shut case against Trump on Russian collusion (i.e. criminal conspiracy), perhaps Muller should move his ass and get on it, eh?

Because Trump IS that bad a President, and IF he did something wrong, he needs removed, just like ANY President who does something wrong like this accusation (not just Republican ones).
    Last edited by Alistair; January 30 2018 at 09:43:43 PM.

So is this the week where republicans turn on the patriot act?

One can dream...

And save us all.
    i.e. using their authority to expose the rampant bias in Government and Intelligence services while guys like you stick your fingers in your ears and go "nyah, nyah, nyah, can't hear YOU, Trump is Hitler, the Dossier is 100% true, nyah, nyah!!!!!"

Whats sad is that no matter what the memo says or exposes, no matter what abuses it may show, you won't believe it or you'll 'ends justify means' excuse it.

Because in your wold, wrongdoing only happens on one side. Claims the other way, must be lies. Your more like a FOX news viewer screaming "Fake news" at anything you don't agree with.

I mean after all, you ARE the guy who wants to genocide all people on the right.....so yeah. A wee bit biased here.

Listen, if it's such an open and shut case against Trump on Russian collusion (i.e. criminal conspiracy), perhaps Muller should move his ass and get on it, eh?

Because Trump IS that bad a President, and IF he did something wrong, he needs removed, just like ANY President who does something wrong like this accusation (not just Republican ones).
    "both sides are the same" stopped working a while ago. It's not fooling anyone any more.

And save us all.
    Do you have proof

Nunes is from Fresno. Fresno is the asshole of the universe, therefore Nunes is a piece of shit.
    No, he's from Tulare. Tulare is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

And save us all.
    Do you have proof

No, he's from Tulare. Tulare is worse.
    ~shudder~
    meh

And save us all.

It MUST be because bias right? Can't possibly be that they are actually a bunch of morally bankrupt assholes? Can't possibly be...
    Last edited by erichkknaar; January 30 2018 at 11:19:35 PM.
    meh

And save us all.

It MUST be because bias right? Can't possibly be that they are actually a bunch of morally bankrupt assholes? Can't possibly be...
    "morally bankrupt assholes", thats a pretty good description for the senior management of the FBI, sure.

Oh, right, they were helping hIllary and against Trump, so that makes it ok. LINE UP ZEE RIGHTING, BRING OUT ZEE GUNS!!!

Psst, maybe wait till they actually release the memo, and evaluate it's contents BEFORE you presume "no abuse, all politics". Naaa, thats crazytalk!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    "both sides are the same" stopped working a while ago. It's not fooling anyone any more.
    Oh look, another FHC regular who willfully and regularly ignores abuses by the side he supports.

One day we might find a poster here at FHC who is actually objective when it comes to abuses by the State. Who won't justify or ignore it based purely on which party committed it.

Naaaaa, never happen. NYAH NYAH NYAH, can't hear youuuuuuu, theynever did nuffin' wrong!

And save us all.

"morally bankrupt assholes", thats a pretty good description for the senior management of the FBI, sure.

Oh, right, they were helping hIllary and against Trump, so that makes it ok. LINE UP ZEE RIGHTING, BRING OUT ZEE GUNS!!!

Psst, maybe wait till they actually release the memo, and evaluate it's contents BEFORE you presume "no abuse, all politics". Naaa, thats crazytalk!
    Nunes is a partisan hack. I look forward to his obstruction of justice indictment. I hope they find evidence of treason, quite frankly.
    meh

Holy fuck youre making this too easy... "maybe wait until Mueller releases his findings BEFORE you presume 'aaaaaa witchhunt muh deep fried state' "

Secret FISA courts and dragnets suck, hows that for critique of the state. Or how about "military spending is welfare for the rich".

Theres a lot of shit that democrats signed off on, or dragged their feet in addressing. All the while republicans indiscriminately embrace the dungheap, THATS why both sides are not the same.

I wont get into the windmills youre putting up just to try and joust them, but be assured that your noble steed is a donkey. Also, the donkey has AIDS.

I mean it's hilarious, you've got some white lady on Fox literally saying the DACA kids are murderers and there should be no amnesty for murderers "rah rah fuck brown people" but it's corrupt FBI agents we should be caring about. Fuck these people.
    meh

Paul Ryan calls for a 'cleanse' of the FBI. Fox news link so you can't say it's being twisted by muh librulz

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...o-release.html

“Let it all out, get it all out there. Cleanse the organization,” Ryan, R-Wis., said.

I guess someone turned FOX in the Alistair's retirement home again.

ids habening

Hiring border guards is much more redistributive than building a wall.

How do you expect contractors to skim huge profits off a building project if instead you employ people to watch the border?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Hiring border guards is much more redistributive than building a wall.

How do you expect contractors to skim huge profits off a building project if instead you employ people to watch the border?
    This. It's basically a bit of a scam for people responsible for building it to funnel money from budget.

I for one am shocked that a property developer with famous ties to the organised-crime dominated New York concrete industry could have any ulterior motive when proposing a giant wall be built.