hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2221 of 2572 FirstFirst ... 122117212121217122112218221922202221222222232224223122712321 ... LastLast
Results 44,401 to 44,420 of 51435

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Hope some civic minded citizen goes and visits another Republican baseball match.
    Agree with what we demand, or be murdered. I think your inner tin-pot Dictator is showing, mate.
    Treat others as you expect to be treated is a golden rule. If they are so uncaring of others, why should others care about them?
    Ah, so you expect Republicans to execute you for policy disagreement.

Beginning to think you're a poster child for why we DO need more gun regulation.....the idea that you could buy one should scare most sane folks.
    Why are you against his Presidentially Endorsed Second Amendment Solution?
    Why are you ignoring the psychotic in your midst posting near-constant fantasies of murdering his political opposition?

Hope some civic minded citizen goes and visits another Republican baseball match.
    Agree with what we demand, or be murdered. I think your inner tin-pot Dictator is showing, mate.
    Treat others as you expect to be treated is a golden rule. If they are so uncaring of others, why should others care about them?

Thats not how the golden rule works, mate.

Golden rule says you're nice to Republicans even when theyre hatemongers, because you want the hatemongers to be nice to you.

You can take the South African out of Africa but not Africa out of the new fangled yank it seems. Schaam je!

Ah, so you expect Republicans to execute you for policy disagreement.

Beginning to think you're a poster child for why we DO need more gun regulation.....the idea that you could buy one should scare most sane folks.
    I don't have a gun, neither do I plan to get one. I have people for that.

I'm simply saying that the current sitting government is essentially killing poor people (and making a land grab for public land, which is all of ours, but whatever) for trusting the government to help out with their medical expenses. At this point. Its not a demand. It's simply realizing there is never going to be a compromising position to reach.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    You can take the South African out of Africa but not Africa out of the new fangled yank it seems. Schaam je!
    Ek is van die bos af. Ek het geen saak.
    meh

Also, the All-Political-Theater Shutdown now close to over.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/polit...ess/index.html

In before everyone on every side claims victory.

Also in before (R) votes to give amnesty to the 'Dreamers' in a few weeks.
    So it looks like the dems dropped the DACA demand for this vote in exchange for bringing it up again soon.

Which would look awfully silly (Trusting McConnell to do anything he says he's gonna do, like talk about DACA again?) if it weren't for the fact that this was only a 3-week Continuing Resolution.

Unfortunately, it only funds CHIP for 6 years rather than 10.

But it's kinda looking like the Dems will get everything they wanted, just not all at once. They'll likely get DACA continued in exchange for funding the wall.

So yeah, everyone will claim victory.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

You really have trouble understanding why a government that is fully captured by capitalist interests doesn't want to shut down companies that are abusing a ready supply of cheap, powerless laborers, and only makes token gestures at actually keeping those laborers out of the workforce?

Yeah we could go after the people who hire illegal immigrants, but those people are Job Creators(tm), and as such are above the law.
    Yes I'm that stupid.

No but seriously I just thought it was an interesting topic and seeing how no one talks about it it is kinda baffling. Its such an open goal to score some political points and yet everyone, not just repubs, refuses to Bring it Up. Not event MSNBC ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

You really have trouble understanding why a government that is fully captured by capitalist interests doesn't want to shut down companies that are abusing a ready supply of cheap, powerless laborers, and only makes token gestures at actually keeping those laborers out of the workforce?

Yeah we could go after the people who hire illegal immigrants, but those people are Job Creators(tm), and as such are above the law.
    Yes I'm that stupid.

No but seriously I just thought it was an interesting topic and seeing how no one talks about it it is kinda baffling. Its such an open goal to score some political points and yet everyone, not just repubs, refuses to Bring it Up. Not event MSNBC ffs.
    interesting if you've got only a passing understanding of the Marxist critique perhaps.

if you do have that, it's so fucking obvious that there is no point in even talking about it, Capital is above the law unless public sentiment demands otherwise and that sentiment cannot easily be directed elsewhere.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Also, the All-Political-Theater Shutdown now close to over.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/polit...ess/index.html

In before everyone on every side claims victory.

Also in before (R) votes to give amnesty to the 'Dreamers' in a few weeks.
    So it looks like the dems dropped the DACA demand for this vote in exchange for bringing it up again soon.

Which would look awfully silly (Trusting McConnell to do anything he says he's gonna do, like talk about DACA again?) if it weren't for the fact that this was only a 3-week Continuing Resolution.

Unfortunately, it only funds CHIP for 6 years rather than 10.

But it's kinda looking like the Dems will get everything they wanted, just not all at once. They'll likely get DACA continued in exchange for funding the wall.

So yeah, everyone will claim victory.
    Yup, I agree all down the line. I expect (R) will have no choice but to pass something DACA because 3 weeks is over in a snap.

6 Years of CHIP is plenty of time to deal with it again later, perhaps under the next congress and or congress/administration.

The Dems will get everything they want in this round, the only thing I see (R) getting is the wall authorization, which would make this what, the fifth or sixth time it's been "authorized" (not appropriated, a very key difference) in the past decade or so. Means very little tbqh.

But one look at FOX and you can see (R) chirping about some total victory, lol.

Man, ek het altyd gedink dat one befok was. Now sien ek dat hulle 'n duisend keur meer befok was as ons.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Ek is van die bos af. Ek het geen saak.
    Man, ek het altyd gedink dat one befok was. Now sien ek dat hulle 'n duisend keur meer befok was as ons.
    Let's see, Google Translate says:

Sacul: Shame on you.

Erich: I am of the bunch. I have no issue.

Bomby: Man, I have always thought that one was really good/crazy. Now I see that they approve a thousand more if we was really good/crazy.

I feel like the Star Trek Universal Translator might just still be a ways off.....

Google translate is pretty terrible at afrikaans.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Google translate is pretty terrible at afrikaans.
    Google Translate is pretty terrible. But it can occasionally get enough of the job done for basic understanding.

For those of us do not speak, say, Afrikaans. Or, you know, anything beyond English and some Spanglish.

Gracias, google translate, estas en fuego! No entiendo espanol, pero gracias a ti, puedo.
    Last edited by Alistair; January 22 2018 at 08:36:55 PM.

Alosyaor
    The tramstation is pretty good, not correct but ok on the mmsgg.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

De fapt, merge bine cu limba romānă.

With a bit of adjusting to get the phraseology right, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

President Trump turns out the lights on solar panel imports into US

Tariff jacks up price for overseas components

US President Donald Trump has signed an order to place a 30 per cent tariff on the import of parts used to build solar panels. The new charges, pitched on Monday by the White House as relief for domestic manufacturers, are instead being slammed by US solar industry groups as an effort to destroy the solar energy market in America.

Under the tariff, announced by US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, solar cells and modules will be charged an extra 30 per cent in the first year, then 25 per cent, 20 per cent, and 15 per cent in subsequent years, when imported into the States.

The Trade Representative's office claims the move is being done to keep American manufacturers competitive with Chinese companies looking to take over the market. "Today, China dominates the global supply chain and, by its own admission, is looking to increase its capacity to account for 70 percent of total planned global capacity expansions announced in the first half of 2017," the office said.

According to solar industry groups, however, the decision is going to have the opposite effect, crippling many solar energy companies in the US by placing a heavy charge on vital components.

The Solar Energy Industry Association claimed that just 2,000 of the 38,000 solar manufacturing jobs in the US are involved in building cells and panels, meaning many solar companies in the Land of the Free are dependent on imported cells and panels to do their jobs. By making those parts more expensive to obtain, the group estimates as many as 23,000 jobs are in danger.

Another solar industry group, Vote Solar, claimed that in the solar energy hotbed of Nevada up to 8,000 workers stand to be impacted. "There are a lot of ways to further support the growth of U.S. renewable energy manufacturing; this job-killing tariff is not one of them," said Vote Solar executive director Adam Browning.

"Instead, this misguided decision to impose tariffs on solar products will negatively impact thousands of workers who depend on solar to support their families, and it will hurt American competitiveness in the global economy." ®

Smartest president.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thousands and many thousands the worker said negleting the word propaganda.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

http://www.newsweek.com/billionaires...-report-786675

"But we just can't afford to take care of the poor!"

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/21/news...omy0707PMStory

"It's totally proper that 1% of the population captures 82% of the wealth in a given year!"