hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2220 of 2276 FirstFirst ... 12201720212021702210221722182219222022212222222322302270 ... LastLast
Results 44,381 to 44,400 of 45501

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Also, immigrants here tend to be much better integrated. They tend to become American pretty quickly.

The easiest thing to do would be to destroy companies who hire illegals.
    These two things basically. The first one is pretty amazing to watch, new citizens proudly thumping their chests proclaiming they're Americans. Contrast that to what we have over here in Europe with immigrants shutting themselves off* from society with growing resentment. Immigration in USA is a success story and it always has been.

The second point is really hard for me to understand why it isn't done. Let the IRS hunt down and fine the companies hiring illegals instead of just turning a blind eye. Illegal labour, or "black labour" as we call, it comes with a whole slew of problem for individuals as well as the society with everything from extorsion, bad working conditions to slave labour and illegal settlements etc etc.

It would be a alot more effective and cheaper than building a ridiculous wall that's for sure. Instead we get symbolism politics.

*It takes two to tango.

My only issue with immigration is that its probably being used to paint over the cracks. We're massively huge and wealthy, in an ideal world Americans who were born citizens would probably outnumber immigrants in technology or medicine.

Instead we have the American public school system lol
    Last edited by mewninn; January 21 2018 at 07:59:37 PM.

The problem is that Americans are stupid.

Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Butte...

Lol

interesting times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    interesting times ahead

The first 50 seconds destroyed that videos credibility.

Trump refused to sign a reasonable deal that crossed his desk.

Ahh, I feel so much safer now the really competant Republicans are in charge of federal immigration policy. THey are sure to get rid of all those filthy foreigners and give all the deserving white Americans "good paying jobs".

(As an aside, why do racists always have such shitty English skills? Its such an easy tell when you need to spot the racist. Look for the idiot ranting in barely readable English).

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — Even as the issue of immigration has been central to the government shutdown in Washington, a respected doctor at Kalamazoo’s Bronson Methodist Hospital who has been living in America for nearly 40 years finds himself in jail after U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents took him from his home in handcuffs.
    “In 1979, my parents were both doctors left Poland and took two suitcases and two small children, my brother was five and I was six and they came here for a better life for their kids,” said Iwona Niec-Villaire Saturday as she sat next to her sister-in-law.

Now, the siblings are in their mid-40s, she is an attorney, he is a doctor — they have been in America for four decades on a permanent green card.
    The only spot on Niec’s record is two misdemeanor convictions when he was 17, one for destruction of property less than $100 and receiving and concealing stolen goods.

He pleaded to these charges more than 25 years ago under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act that allows young first offenders to avoid a criminal record if they never offend again.

But ICE — a federal agency — does not honor that state plea agreement, something Niec did not know when he took the plea, according to family.

“These misdemeanors were just an adolescent making mistakes and learning from them,” Niec-Villaire said.
    Great, smart enforcement from the federal Trump government. Hope some civic minded citizen goes and visits another Republican baseball match. It could't happen to a nicer bunch of people.
    meh

Ahh, I feel so much safer now the really competant Republicans are in charge of federal immigration policy. THey are sure to get rid of all those filthy foreigners and give all the deserving white Americans "good paying jobs".

(As an aside, why do racists always have such shitty English skills? Its such an easy tell when you need to spot the racist. Look for the idiot ranting in barely readable English).

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — Even as the issue of immigration has been central to the government shutdown in Washington, a respected doctor at Kalamazoo’s Bronson Methodist Hospital who has been living in America for nearly 40 years finds himself in jail after U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents took him from his home in handcuffs.
    “In 1979, my parents were both doctors left Poland and took two suitcases and two small children, my brother was five and I was six and they came here for a better life for their kids,” said Iwona Niec-Villaire Saturday as she sat next to her sister-in-law.

Now, the siblings are in their mid-40s, she is an attorney, he is a doctor — they have been in America for four decades on a permanent green card.
    The only spot on Niec’s record is two misdemeanor convictions when he was 17, one for destruction of property less than $100 and receiving and concealing stolen goods.

He pleaded to these charges more than 25 years ago under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act that allows young first offenders to avoid a criminal record if they never offend again.

But ICE — a federal agency — does not honor that state plea agreement, something Niec did not know when he took the plea, according to family.

“These misdemeanors were just an adolescent making mistakes and learning from them,” Niec-Villaire said.
    Great, smart enforcement from the federal Trump government. Hope some civic minded citizen goes and visits another Republican baseball match. It could't happen to a nicer bunch of people.
    It's coupled with iq.

I can think of far worse countries to be deported to than Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Also, immigrants here tend to be much better integrated. They tend to become American pretty quickly.

These two things basically. The first one is pretty amazing to watch, new citizens proudly thumping their chests proclaiming they're Americans. Contrast that to what we have over here in Europe with immigrants shutting themselves off* from society with growing resentment. Immigration in USA is a success story and it always has been.

The second point is really hard for me to understand why it isn't done. Let the IRS hunt down and fine the companies hiring illegals instead of just turning a blind eye. Illegal labour, or "black labour" as we call, it comes with a whole slew of problem for individuals as well as the society with everything from extorsion, bad working conditions to slave labour and illegal settlements etc etc.

It would be a alot more effective and cheaper than building a ridiculous wall that's for sure. Instead we get symbolism politics.

*It takes two to tango.
    You really have trouble understanding why a government that is fully captured by capitalist interests doesn't want to shut down companies that are abusing a ready supply of cheap, powerless laborers, and only makes token gestures at actually keeping those laborers out of the workforce?

Yeah we could go after the people who hire illegal immigrants, but those people are Job Creators(tm), and as such are above the law.

For the same reason creationists always look kinda unevolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Hope some civic minded citizen goes and visits another Republican baseball match.
    Agree with what we demand, or be murdered. I think your inner tin-pot Dictator is showing, mate.

Why Donald Trump is irrelevant in the government shutdown talks
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/polit...sis/index.html
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I can think of far worse countries to be deported to than Poland.
    If you haven't been there since you were 5 and don't know anyone it's probably not top of your list.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Hope some civic minded citizen goes and visits another Republican baseball match.
    Agree with what we demand, or be murdered. I think your inner tin-pot Dictator is showing, mate.
    Treat others as you expect to be treated is a golden rule. If they are so uncaring of others, why should others care about them?
    meh

Treat others as you expect to be treated is a golden rule. If they are so uncaring of others, why should others care about them?
    Ah, so you expect Republicans to execute you for policy disagreement.

Beginning to think you're a poster child for why we DO need more gun regulation.....the idea that you could buy one should scare most sane folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

*It takes two to tango.
    You really have trouble understanding why a government that is fully captured by capitalist interests doesn't want to shut down companies that are abusing a ready supply of cheap, powerless laborers, and only makes token gestures at actually keeping those laborers out of the workforce?

Yeah we could go after the people who hire illegal immigrants, but those people are Job Creators(tm), and as such are above the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the All-Political-Theater Shutdown now close to over.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/polit...ess/index.html

In before everyone on every side claims victory.

Also in before (R) votes to give amnesty to the 'Dreamers' in a few weeks.

Ah, so you expect Republicans to execute you for policy disagreement.

Beginning to think you're a poster child for why we DO need more gun regulation.....the idea that you could buy one should scare most sane folks.
    Why are you against his Presidentially Endorsed Second Amendment Solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!