hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2664 of 2713 FirstFirst ... 1664216425642614265426612662266326642665266626672674 ... LastLast
Results 53,261 to 53,280 of 54253

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I've listened to plenty of right wing radio.

Please tell me, where do you find left-wing radio in America? NPR?
    > NPR
    > left-wing

"NPR" stand for "Nice Polite Republicans"
    You think NPR is Republican, you think WaPo is superior to NYT, you bemoan millennials for not being loaded like you are, and you CONSTANTLY shitpost about Trump's corruption, yet see no problem jet setting to setup Swiss bank accounts.

Goodness, you're an odd one.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    So just throwing this out there, but when Trump stacks the supreme court and argues successfully that the president should be above the law, then continues to successfully argue he can remain president while the country is "under attack" sighting i don't know terrorism or some bullshit.. Would the people finally take up arms?

I'm willing to bet most Americans would rather live under communism than bother to fight the struggle for their freedoms.
    The gun community would in large probably support him
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I've listened to plenty of right wing radio.

Please tell me, where do you find left-wing radio in America? NPR?
    > NPR
    > left-wing

"NPR" stand for "Nice Polite Republicans"
    You think NPR is Republican, you think WaPo is superior to NYT, you bemoan millennials for not being loaded like you are, and you CONSTANTLY shitpost about Trump's corruption, yet see no problem jet setting to setup Swiss bank accounts.

Goodness, you're an odd one.
    WaPo is superior to NYT though

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1M6188

Democrats have leads in Rust Belt states that Trump won: Reuters poll

NEW YORK (Reuters) - An Indiana U.S. Senator seen as one of the chamber’s most vulnerable Democrats has a slight edge while four of his Rust Belt Democratic colleagues have solid leads in states President Donald Trump won in 2016, a Reuters poll found.

A Reuters/Ipsos/UVA Center for Politics Poll released on Wednesday found that a majority of likely voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana disapprove of the Republican president and more than one-third were “very motivated” to back someone who would oppose his policies.

The poll found that Senator Joe Donnelly of Indiana has a 3 percentage point lead among likely voters over Republican businessman Mike Braun. Braun, a former state representative, has positioned himself as a Trump-like candidate who would bring an outsider’s perspective to politics in Vice President Mike Pence’s home state.

Democrats are aiming to win two more Senate seats in the Nov. 6 congressional election to take a majority in that chamber and serve as a check on Trump’s agenda. They can ill afford to lose any of the five seats covered by the poll.

Trump won the five states after pitching himself as a business-savvy pragmatist who would improve the lives of working class Americans. Two years later, more than half of likely voters in those states think the country is now on the “wrong track,” the poll found.

“There are lots of places in this region where economic opportunity has been stifled,” said Kyle Kondik, a political analyst at the Center for Politics.

Kondik said the Rust Belt frequently shifts its support between parties, in some cases because voters who are frustrated with the lack of economic progress come to the ballot box intent on checking the party in power.

The wave of support for Democrats may unseat Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican former presidential candidate who became popular in conservative circles for taking on unions.

Walker trailed Democratic state schools superintendent Tony Evers by 7 percentage points.

In the Ohio governor’s race, Republican Mike DeWine fared better. DeWine, the state’s attorney general, held a 1 point edge over Democrat Richard Cordray, who is also seeking to succeed Governor John Kasich, a Trump critic.

Elsewhere, the poll found Democratic candidates on solid footing.

In Pennsylvania, U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr., a Democrat, led Republican congressman Lou Barletta by 16 points, and in the governor’s race incumbent Democrat Tom Wolf was ahead of Republican Scott Wagner by 17 points.

In Michigan, U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow, a Democrat, led Republican challenger John James by 20 points, while Democrat Gretchen Whitmer was ahead of Republican Bill Schuette by 13 points in the governor’s race.

In Ohio, incumbent U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown led Republican Jim Renacci by 11 points.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Everything I'm hearing this cycle says "Blue Wave".

I'm voting Democrat (and not my usual 3rd Party "protest vote"), for whatever that's worth.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/40...inst-kavanaugh

The Avenatti accuser has identified herself, more or less says she was gang raped by K. and Judge. What seems odd is the "more or less", she says they were "involved", and had seen them in line for other gang bangs, but says she was drugged and stops short of saying they raped her.

Nonetheless, the confirmation train has no brakes (much like the rape train)
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

The Avenatti accuser has identified herself, more or less says she was gang raped by K. and Judge. What seems odd is the "more or less", she says they were "involved", and had seen them in line for other gang bangs, but says she was drugged and stops short of saying they raped her.

Meanwhile, Trump calls Kavanaugh a "gem":

"You don't find people like this. He's outstanding. He's a gem. He's an absolute gem," Trump said of Kavanaugh."
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...accuser-842708

“I witnessed Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh drink excessively and engage in highly inappropriate conduct, including being overly aggressive with girls and not taking ‘No’ for an answer. This conduct included the fondling and grabbing of girls without their consent,” Swetnick writes.

“I also witnessed efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to cause girls to become inebriated and disoriented so they could then be ‘gang raped’ in a side room or bedroom by a ‘train’ of numerous boys ... These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh ... In approximately 1982, I became the victim of one of these ‘gang’ or ‘train’ rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present,” she added.
    He must be withdrawn outright (A) or a full, thorough investigation needs done of these (and any other forthcoming) accusations (B).

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

“I witnessed Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh drink excessively and engage in highly inappropriate conduct, including being overly aggressive with girls and not taking ‘No’ for an answer. This conduct included the fondling and grabbing of girls without their consent,” Swetnick writes.

“I also witnessed efforts by Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to cause girls to become inebriated and disoriented so they could then be ‘gang raped’ in a side room or bedroom by a ‘train’ of numerous boys ... These boys included Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh ... In approximately 1982, I became the victim of one of these ‘gang’ or ‘train’ rapes where Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh were present,” she added.
    He must be withdrawn outright (A) or a full, thorough investigation needs done of these (and any other forthcoming) accusations (B).
    They'll investigate after his confirmation, find some naughty stuff, then wring their hands and say "Well, we have no mechanism to deal with this situation, and we don't want to set a precedent...".

They'll investigate after his confirmation, find some naughty stuff, then wring their hands and say "Well, we have no mechanism to deal with this situation, and we don't want to set a precedent...".
    If only there was some judicial body to deal with such legal precedents...

Everything I'm hearing this cycle says "Blue Wave".

I'm voting Democrat (and not my usual 3rd Party "protest vote"), for whatever that's worth.
    Every time I hear "Blue Wave", I remind myself "538 picked Hillary"...

Except they do have a mechanic, S.C. Justices can be impeached.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cdc88fda568c

From back in 2015 with Democrats were pondering trying to impeach Scalia (before the Clintons secretly murdered him in their Pizza SlavePens, of course, lol ).

And it wouldn't set precedent, as one other Justice was impeached (but not found guilty) and one resigned under threat of impeachment.

From back in 2015 with Democrats were pondering trying to impeach Scalia (before the Clintons secretly murdered him in their Pizza SlavePens, of course, lol ).

And it wouldn't set precedent, as one other Justice was impeached (but not found guilty) and one resigned under threat of impeachment.
    "The findings of this committee are thus: although the accusations brought against the accused are disturbing, cruel, and indicative of clear moral failings, they are only moderately substantiated and cannot be shown to be true beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence shown cannot support a charge that meets the high bar required by the US Constitution for impeachment, as written by the Founding Fathers.

The committee therefore recommends no further action and is hereby dissolved."
    Last edited by Nordstern; September 26 2018 at 04:44:55 PM.

Lol, nope. Think of the stakes. If they manage to confirm him, it establishes a precedent that even a gang rapist can get a lifetime appointment. Any current and future GOP politician will be forever immune from sex scandals. "But if Kavanaugh got confirmed, surely killing several hookers is not a big deal!"

"The findings of this committee are thus: although the accusations brought against the accused are disturbing, cruel, and indicative of clear moral failings, they are only moderately substantiated and cannot be shown to be true beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence shown cannot support a charge that meets the high bar required by the US Constitution for impeachment, as written by the Founding Fathers.

And why would a Democrat controlled House & Senate come to that conclusion, would you say?

Dems can go for a 2-for-1 deal after they Blue Wave, impeaching both Trump AND Kav. if they vote him on the Court.

Maybe get Pence too, he's creepy and I heard he's running a "shadow government" and all.

Fucking finally. Trump has finally made a mistake of engaging with Avenatti.

Last edited by Don Rumata; September 26 2018 at 05:17:21 PM.

And why would a Democrat controlled House & Senate come to that conclusion, would you say?

Dems can go for a 2-for-1 deal after they Blue Wave, impeaching both Trump AND Kav. if they vote him on the Court.

Maybe get Pence too, he's creepy and I heard he's running a "shadow government" and all.
    When are the Dems ever going to have a supermajority in the Senate? Certainly not in 2018.

Conviction in the senate requires a two thirds vote.

Fucking finally. Trump has finally made a mistake of engaging with Avenatti.

Remember that Donald has never lost in court. Not a single time! And while it would be great thing politically, I'm certain Avenatti is in this for money. They will settle at first opportunity. Maybe it will be a decent chunk off Trump's net worth, but both sides will want to settle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Remember that Donald has never lost in court. Not a single time!
    No, I don't remember. He lost multiple times (38 to be exact) and paid millions in damages and legal fees.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Remember that Donald has never lost in court. Not a single time!
    No, I don't remember. He lost multiple times (38 to be exact) and paid millions in damages and legal fees.
    Those don't count because it wasn't Cuck L'Orange himself, checkmate!