hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2351 of 2521 FirstFirst ... 135118512251230123412348234923502351235223532354236124012451 ... LastLast
Results 47,001 to 47,020 of 50402

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...-new-york-city

If you want to know why Trump voters exist, I suggest you read this article.
    "oh no, intellectualism"

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

I don't need a New Yorker article to tell me that Trump makes weak people feel good about themselves, that they feel they're the only true guardians of liberty, and that they feel intimidated by anyone who's different.

Article was useless, btw.
    Opportunity missed, I guess. Roll on gents.

OK, the chain of logic escapes me. What does this article have to do with Trump voters?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

OK, the chain of logic escapes me. What does this article have to do with Trump voters?
    I'm not really following it either.. Justifying persecution of one group because they take care of another? Our evil things are countered by the good things we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I have no trouble giving non-derisive explanations of why Trump voters exist, but what's that got to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Comey looks like he's realized he can't be fired twice and is enjoying his new found freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I have found 3 groups of "Trump voters:"

1. My parents. They vote for the R. They'll always vote for the R. The R is love, the R is life.
    2. My hometown. Because they're tired of libs in the cities making them feel inferior. Trump speaks to their basic need for a champion.
    3. Some wealthy people I know. Because fuck the poor, lower my taxes.

Seems to escape all of you.

No worries, just bolsters the argument tbqh, that not a single one of you can read that piece and extrapolate why, perhaps, some voters don't really like Democrats (and their urban elitist base) much. And why some voters feel as they do, to the point of supporting a chucklefuck like Trump over an experienced and talented public servant like say, all the (R)'s he beat, and Ms. Clinton.

I'd take more time to explain, but I know where these exchanges tend to go. In before the usual trio and their copyapasta posts of "it's all about racism and bigotry and FOX News lies and nothing else!!!"
    Last edited by Alistair; April 16 2018 at 01:34:27 PM.

No worries, just bolsters the argument tbqh, that not a single one of you can read that piece and extrapolate why, perhaps, some voters don't really like Democrats (and their urban elitist base) much. And why some voters feel as they do, to the point of supporting a chucklefuck like Trump over an experienced and talented public servant like say, all the (R)'s he beat, and Ms. Clinton.

I'd take more time to explain, but I know where these exchanges tend to go. In before the usual trio and their copyapasta posts of "it's all about racism and bigotry and FOX News lies and nothing else!!!"
    Your post and those one above it perfectly exemplify the average Trump voter. Willing to fuck their country over to fuck over those asshole lefties on the coast who make them feel inferior, with their money and success and gay loving ways and stuff.
    meh

So Trump voters exist because Christian cows told them to eat chicken? That makes...more sense than it should.

Mark Blyth makes a far better argument.

Take a look at his ideas surrounding global Trumpism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

it's not at all that we don't understand: we understand quite well (although I feel like you're skipping over the offended white privilege element, which is a huge factor however much you dislike recognising that). It's been obvious since 2015 that trump was the living avatar of the modern American right, and I and others have been saying so in so many words. We're not talking about it for the same reason that we're not discussing the wetness of water or the height of Mt Everest or whether a metre is longer than a yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

"hurr durr, let me write 3 paragraphs of nonsense, failing to answer the question. oh jeez, look at the time, later!"
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

it's not at all that we don't understand: we understand quite well (although I feel like you're skipping over the offended white privilege element, which is a huge factor however much you dislike recognising that). It's been obvious since 2015 that trump was the living avatar of the modern American right, and I and others have been saying so in so many words. We're not talking about it for the same reason that we're not discussing the wetness of water or the height of Mt Everest or whether a metre is longer than a yard.
    Uncharacteristically very reasonable response from Malc, return ball to Alistair!

People support Trump and R because fuck urban elites and their boycott of homophobic chicken, or fuck urban elites and the fact that their chicken boycott couldn't even keep chick fil a out of NYC?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Yet another lawyer tells trump that he's washing his hair also he has to go visit his parents also his kid is sick, sorry, can't be your lawyer

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mpression=true

Come on Donald, just get it over with and hire him. You know that's where this ends anyway.

I love Malcanis!

If he can't get a lawyer, will one be appointed to him by the court?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Tapapapatalk
    Once it gets to court lawyers will be falling over him now not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Tapapapatalk
    Once it gets to court lawyers will be falling over him now not so much.
    The trouble is, The Thief In Chief expects his lawyers to be partners in illicit activity. Thugs like Cohen were fine with this. People with actual careers not so much.
    I love Malcanis!

That goes both ways my friend.

The nastiness of this administration and its supporters hasn't exactly been winning over the other 50-60% of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

That goes both ways my friend.

The nastiness of this administration and its supporters hasn't exactly been winning over the other 50-60% of the country.
    Only right wing feelings need to be considered. They can call us "libtards" and "cucks" and that's just their little bit of banter.
    I love Malcanis!