hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2346 of 2361 FirstFirst ... 1346184622462296233623432344234523462347234823492356 ... LastLast
Results 46,901 to 46,920 of 47215

Thread: USA Politics Thread

  1. #46901
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So whats the real-world endgame here?

    Blue Wave in November followed by a Trump impeachment for tax violations on the $130K and election law violations on the $130K, which (at least from this mornings reporting) appears to be the cause of the unusual step of no-knock raiding the legal council's office?

    So President Pence then for a wee bit?
    Maybe the Dems won't impeach unless they can impeach Pence as well. They won't be able to impeach unless they retake the house. . . . in which case. . .

      Spoiler:
    So a proper coup d'etat then.

    You think after the Dems win the House, that who they choose will be Speaker based on this concept?

    Ultimate Troll: Hillary runs for a House seat, wins, elected Speaker of the House, leads the House in Impeaching Trump and Pence, becomes President.

    Flawless Victory.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  2. #46902
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Watching zuckerberg hearings on BBC. What a autistic dude
    p. funny imo
    Do you not like his stoyle?


  3. #46903
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Watching zuckerberg hearings on BBC. What a autistic dude
    p. funny imo
    Do you not like his stoyle?


  4. #46904

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So whats the real-world endgame here?

    Blue Wave in November followed by a Trump impeachment for tax violations on the $130K and election law violations on the $130K, which (at least from this mornings reporting) appears to be the cause of the unusual step of no-knock raiding the legal council's office?

    So President Pence then for a wee bit?
    If the Democrats win the house they can impeach Trump by a simple majority. Although it's not clear that all Democrats are yet onside for this.

    However they need 67 (two thirds) votes in the Senate to actually find him guilty. This would require roughly one third of Republican Senators to vote against him. Even in the blue wave scenario the democrats are unlikely to change the senate makeup by more than a couple of votes in their favor because most of the senate seats up for election are held by Democrats already.

    On the other hand Trump has been busy making enemies of Republican Senators so it's possible but it's more likely, imho, that paying off a mistress wont rise to the level of being "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

    Lots of popcorn on the way though.

  5. #46905
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So whats the real-world endgame here?

    Blue Wave in November followed by a Trump impeachment for tax violations on the $130K and election law violations on the $130K, which (at least from this mornings reporting) appears to be the cause of the unusual step of no-knock raiding the legal council's office?

    So President Pence then for a wee bit?
    If the Democrats win the house they can impeach Trump by a simple majority. Although it's not clear that all Democrats are yet onside for this.

    However they need 67 (two thirds) votes in the Senate to actually find him guilty. This would require roughly one third of Republican Senators to vote against him. Even in the blue wave scenario the democrats are unlikely to change the senate makeup by more than a couple of votes in their favor because most of the senate seats up for election are held by Democrats already.

    On the other hand Trump has been busy making enemies of Republican Senators so it's possible but it's more likely, imho, that paying off a mistress wont rise to the level of being "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

    Lots of popcorn on the way though.
    If it does happen. Do we get president Pence?


  6. #46906
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So a proper coup d'etat then.

    You think after the Dems win the House, that who they choose will be Speaker based on this concept?

    Ultimate Troll: Hillary runs for a House seat, wins, elected Speaker of the House, leads the House in Impeaching Trump and Pence, becomes President.

    Flawless Victory.
    Well, she became Minority Leader in the House after Dems lost the house in 2010. Tim Ryan challenged her in 2016 after the awful 2016 elections, but was defeated 134 to 63 by House dems. I am pretty sure she can take speaker if they retake the house, unless the Dems specifically chose someone more palatable to avoid the backlash of Pelosi becoming unelected president.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  7. #46907

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So whats the real-world endgame here?

    Blue Wave in November followed by a Trump impeachment for tax violations on the $130K and election law violations on the $130K, which (at least from this mornings reporting) appears to be the cause of the unusual step of no-knock raiding the legal council's office?

    So President Pence then for a wee bit?
    If the Democrats win the house they can impeach Trump by a simple majority. Although it's not clear that all Democrats are yet onside for this.

    However they need 67 (two thirds) votes in the Senate to actually find him guilty. This would require roughly one third of Republican Senators to vote against him. Even in the blue wave scenario the democrats are unlikely to change the senate makeup by more than a couple of votes in their favor because most of the senate seats up for election are held by Democrats already.

    On the other hand Trump has been busy making enemies of Republican Senators so it's possible but it's more likely, imho, that paying off a mistress wont rise to the level of being "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

    Lots of popcorn on the way though.
    If it does happen. Do we get president Pence?
    Yes, a Trump impeachment would result in President Pence unless they successfully impeach Pence at the same time which seems unlikely if they're getting Trump on 'bribing a porn star'.

  8. #46908
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Yes, a Trump impeachment would result in President Pence unless they successfully impeach Pence at the same time which seems unlikely if they're getting Trump on 'bribing a porn star' 'using an illegal campaign contribution to bribe a porn star'.
    fyp
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  9. #46909
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,523
    :Russia Investigation:

    :Impeached for $130K campaign finance violation in a $2+ billion funded election:

    :No collusion ever found or proven?:

    If you wonder why some see this investigation as primarily fishing for Trumpgills, well.....

    Like I say, it'll be fine, because Trump will be gone, but fuck what a precedent to set.

    Won't lie, I'd LOOOOOOOVE to have seen the reaction here is a President Clinton was facing a similar investigation while sitting President.

    For all the it's really a snooze because literally everyone here hates Trump and is fine if he's gone.

    But this kind of treatment of Hillary, THAT would have been epic popcorn here.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  10. #46910
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    :Russia Investigation:

    :Impeached for $130K campaign finance violation in a $2+ billion funded election:

    :No collusion ever found or proven?:

    If you wonder why some see this investigation as primarily fishing for Trumpgills, well.....

    Like I say, it'll be fine, because Trump will be gone, but fuck what a precedent to set.

    Won't lie, I'd LOOOOOOOVE to have seen the reaction here is a President Clinton was facing a similar investigation while sitting President.

    For all the it's really a snooze because literally everyone here hates Trump and is fine if he's gone.

    But this kind of treatment of Hillary, THAT would have been epic popcorn here.
    But that's the whole deal about Mueller's 'special' status, he's more protected than the bald eagle, while not being quite 'off the hook' as Ken Starr was (if you remember him). While his investigation is primarily centred around investigating alleged collusion with the russians, he is completey within his right to investigate any and all criminal activities that come to light during this investigation, regardless of whether it has anything to do with Trump or the Russians. And THAT's the beauty of this whole thing. Well, that and the fact that this is a direct consequence of Trump's firing of Comey, and it's making Dolan even angrier.


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  11. #46911
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    :Russia Investigation:

    :Impeached for $130K campaign finance violation in a $2+ billion funded election:

    :No collusion ever found or proven?:

    If you wonder why some see this investigation as primarily fishing for Trumpgills, well.....

    Like I say, it'll be fine, because Trump will be gone, but fuck what a precedent to set.

    Won't lie, I'd LOOOOOOOVE to have seen the reaction here is a President Clinton was facing a similar investigation while sitting President.

    For all the it's really a snooze because literally everyone here hates Trump and is fine if he's gone.

    But this kind of treatment of Hillary, THAT would have been epic popcorn here.
    Trying too hard now

  12. #46912
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,701
    Kinda reminds me of Clinton, it wasn't the blow job that started impeachment hearings, it was the lying under oath. Except with Trump, it may be the illegal hush money.

    Anyway, I don't really expect impeachment, even if he gets charged, he will just crap all over the country another two and a half years until the GOPs reputation is tarnished to the point they can't regain the presidency for a couple more election cycles.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  13. #46913

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    :Russia Investigation:

    :Impeached for $130K campaign finance violation in a $2+ billion funded election:

    :No collusion ever found or proven?:

    If you wonder why some see this investigation as primarily fishing for Trumpgills, well.....

    Like I say, it'll be fine, because Trump will be gone, but fuck what a precedent to set.

    Won't lie, I'd LOOOOOOOVE to have seen the reaction here is a President Clinton was facing a similar investigation while sitting President.

    For all the it's really a snooze because literally everyone here hates Trump and is fine if he's gone.

    But this kind of treatment of Hillary, THAT would have been epic popcorn here.
    "But what about Clinton?!?!" is reaching astounding levels from Alistair.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  14. #46914
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    :Russia Investigation:

    :Impeached for $130K campaign finance violation in a $2+ billion funded election:

    :No collusion ever found or proven?:

    If you wonder why some see this investigation as primarily fishing for Trumpgills, well.....

    Like I say, it'll be fine, because Trump will be gone, but fuck what a precedent to set.

    Won't lie, I'd LOOOOOOOVE to have seen the reaction here is a President Clinton was facing a similar investigation while sitting President.

    For all the it's really a snooze because literally everyone here hates Trump and is fine if he's gone.

    But this kind of treatment of Hillary, THAT would have been epic popcorn here.
    I think your whataboutism about Clinton is getting the better of you again.

    Why don't you try to rewrite that post in proper English?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  15. #46915
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Clinton, it wasn't the blow job that started impeachment hearings, it was the lying under oath. Except with Trump, it may be the illegal hush money.

    Anyway, I don't really expect impeachment, even if he gets charged, he will just crap all over the country another two and a half years until the GOPs reputation is tarnished to the point they can't regain the presidency for a couple more election cycles.
    Yup, great point tbqh. I guarantee you Bill could have survived the Intern affair itself, but it was the pressure from all those numerous sexual assault/sexual harassment claims that had Bill scared enough to lie under oath and Hillary to shit all over the victims of Bill's serial abuses.

    I mean lets be honest here, the "MeToo" movement should have started the day Bill Clinton was elected President.

    Honestly, I hope you're wrong on the second point. If crimes can be found, and I think they can and will, then I think Trump SHOULD be impeached for them. It's the best thing for the country.

    I just hope the crimes found are material, not petty tax violations tbqh.

    Impeachment on something that small will not be a good precedent for future administrations given the direction our divided politics appears to remain firmly headed.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  16. #46916
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,523
    Also, big(ish) News: Paul Ryan done, will not seek re-election.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ker/index.html

    Trump is literally murdering the Republican Party. This fall election is going to be a sight to behold (presuming the Dems don't fuck it all up, of course).
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  17. #46917
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Also, big(ish) News: Paul Ryan done, will not seek re-election.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ker/index.html

    Trump is literally murdering the Republican Party. This fall election is going to be a sight to behold (presuming the Dems don't fuck it all up, of course).
    How's Mitt doing nowadays?

  18. #46918
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So whats the real-world endgame here?

    Blue Wave in November followed by a Trump impeachment for tax violations on the $130K and election law violations on the $130K, which (at least from this mornings reporting) appears to be the cause of the unusual step of no-knock raiding the legal council's office?

    So President Pence then for a wee bit?
    If the Democrats win the house they can impeach Trump by a simple majority. Although it's not clear that all Democrats are yet onside for this.

    However they need 67 (two thirds) votes in the Senate to actually find him guilty. This would require roughly one third of Republican Senators to vote against him. Even in the blue wave scenario the democrats are unlikely to change the senate makeup by more than a couple of votes in their favor because most of the senate seats up for election are held by Democrats already.

    On the other hand Trump has been busy making enemies of Republican Senators so it's possible but it's more likely, imho, that paying off a mistress wont rise to the level of being "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

    Lots of popcorn on the way though.
    If it does happen. Do we get president Pence?
    Yes, a Trump impeachment would result in President Pence unless they successfully impeach Pence at the same time which seems unlikely if they're getting Trump on 'bribing a porn star'.
    BRING IT ON THEN!


  19. #46919
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,523
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Also, big(ish) News: Paul Ryan done, will not seek re-election.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ker/index.html

    Trump is literally murdering the Republican Party. This fall election is going to be a sight to behold (presuming the Dems don't fuck it all up, of course).
    How's Mitt doing nowadays?
    You mean "future Senator Romney"? Seems he's doing ok.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

  20. #46920
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,833
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HI1VA
    On Wednesday, four senators announced they would merge two different proposals to protect the office of the special counsel. The original bills were introduced last summer.

    If passed, the legislation would allow the special counsel to be fired only “for good cause” by a senior Justice Department official, with a reason given in writing; provide recourse if the special counsel was fired without good cause; and preserve the staffing and materials of a pending investigation.

    “We need to ensure not only that Special Counsel Mueller can complete his work without interference, but that special counsels in future investigations can, too,” Democratic Senator Chris Coons, one of the sponsors of the bill, said in a statement.

    It was unclear whether the proposed law would pass.

    On Tuesday, the Senate leader, Mitch McConnell, a Republican, said that while he thought Mueller should be allowed to continue his probe, he did not think legislation to protect him was necessary.

    McConnell’s spokesperson declined to comment on Wednesday.

    It also remains unclear whether the proposal could pass the House or that Trump would approve it.

    Spokespeople for McConnell and the White House did not immediately respond to emailed requests for comments.

    However, Coons said in an interview with MSNBC that he thought some Republicans, who currently have the majority in the Senate, could be swayed to back the bill.
    Hmm, intredasting. Word on the street is that Nunes wants to impeach Rosenstein and Wray.
    Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), a staunch supporter of Donald Trump, said on Tuesday night that he’s ready to begin impeachment proceedings. Just not against the president.

    Nunes told Fox News that he was ready to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in contempt of Congress for failing to provide documents related to the 2016 counterintelligence investigation into Russian interference in the election and possible ties to the Trump campaign.

    Nunes even appeared to give a deadline of Wednesday evening, warning it “will get really complicated” after that.

    “We’re not going to just hold in contempt,” he told Laura Ingraham. “We will have a plan to hold in contempt and to impeach.”

    “To impeach Christopher Wray?” Ingraham asked.

    “Absolutely,” Nunes replied.

    “Rod Rosenstein?”

    “We’re not messing around here.”

    Nunes also predicted it wouldn’t reach that point because the documents would be turned over.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •