hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2443 of 2573 FirstFirst ... 144319432343239324332440244124422443244424452446245324932543 ... LastLast
Results 48,841 to 48,860 of 51446

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I get that the guy kneeling is ironic and "haha DAE drumpf" but stuff like that being reported on in national press like it's some kind of important moment is exactly why the American press is an international laughingstock that was all too easily discredited by the Russians.
    Ruri meanwhile pointed out that this tweet isn't even from a U.S. news outlet.

But even if it was, I disagree that this kind of coverage is what contributing to the "laughing stock" narrative. Because this whole topic (NFL players wrongfully accused of "protesting the anthem" while they never ever did such a thing) is the perfect example of how the current administration handles matters (and ruins the country's reputation):

- Commenting political at sports, which hasn't been the case before
    - Inventing a totally misleading catch phrase for it ("anthem protest") and repeating it over and over again
    - Ignoring the actual and glaring issue at hand
    - Going so far as to call people SOB's and suggesting to deport them for kneeling
    - And now disinvite a whole team, of which exactly 0 (zero) players even once kneeled last last season, because a few players prefer not to join, which had happened lots of presidents before, without them bothering to much

[Added]
    And that tweet perfetly pictures while the escalation of that whole non-issue is so absurd. Also: is there a more humble gesture than kneeling? If anything, all those just standing during the anthem behave disrespectful.
    Itís even more retarded when you consider that the kneeling was suggested by an actual ex special forces guy who met with Kaepernick after he originally refused to stand when his protest began.
    I saw the below news piece around memorial day with Nate Boyer, who's not only a veteran but also a former NFL player (which makes his opinion worth listening to a bit more, IMHO). I found his comments quite remarkable and insightful.
    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...l-controversy/

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno itís just like, well, theyíre children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I donít think youíre going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    Exactly.

I get it. But in practice, the GOP's concern for children is extraordinarily narrow.
    ... as soon as they're born. Unborn children however are fought for with tooth and nail.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    What ever gave you the impression that the GOP cares about children?
    I dunno it’s just like, well, they’re children!
    And? What's your point?
    If you have to ask I don’t think you’re going to get it. Nevermind.
    We know. Roughly half our country thinks separating and incarcerating children is A-fucking-OK, if the child happens to have the wrong skin color, and socioeconomic class. Don't know what to tell you.

I think we should be trying people for human rights violations for this, but hey...

I'm sure it won't be long until Trump suggests a final solution to the Hispanic problem.
    Exactly.

I get it. But in practice, the GOP's concern for children is extraordinarily narrow.
    ... as soon as they're born. Unborn children however are fought for with tooth and nail.
    They don't actually care about the unborn children either, they just hate women

(CNN)The highly anticipated report from the Justice Department's inspector general is expected to yield an unvarnished account of multiple missteps by former top officials at the department and FBI for their failure to follow long-standing protocols in the handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe, according to sources familiar with the matter.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/doj-inspector-general-report-james-comey/index.html

Meanwhile Donnie meets Kevin

genuinely can't decide if real or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Sorry. I'm with Trump on this one: assigning the actions in the War of 1812 to the Canadians seems reasonable.

I mean it's not like us Australian's settled an occupied land mass and killed vast swaths of the locals. That was the British. An entirely different state, easy mistake to make really

OTOH making a joke about an event that happened over 200 years ago when discussing torching a relationship with one of your closed allies is fucking rude.

So slam him for being retarded on policy and diplomatic grounds: but on historical grounds the War of 1812 is as much part of the Canadian past as it is Britain's.
    Seriously?

Major General Robert Ross was British, so were the 4th (King's Own) Light, 21st Royal North British Fusiliers, 44th (East Essex) Regiment of Foot, and 85th Regiment of Foot. All British troops. No British subjects from Canada were involved.

And, BTW, it was a British retaliation for the wanton destruction caused by US troops and irregulars on the North Shores of lake Erie and the destruction of Port Dover in that same area.

I fail to see how any of this has to do with Canada; not just because it didn't exists, but also because they were, basically; not involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    genuinely can't decide if real or not.
    We live in a surreal time.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/hannity-...with-a-hammer/

“Maybe Mueller’s witnesses, I don’t know, if I advised them to follow Hillary Clinton’s lead,” Hannity opined. “Delete all your emails, and then acid wash the emails and hard drives on your phones, then take your phones and bash them with a hammer into little itsy bitsy pieces, use BleachBit, remove the sim cards.”

“And then take the pieces and hand it over to Robert Mueller and say, ‘Hillary Rodham Clinton, this is equal justice under the law,'” he added.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Christina Wilkie: On April 11, I called Trumpís favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Muellerís eye. Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. Heís still MIA.

"Meet the New York architect who was a key figure in Donald Trump's deals and connections in Eastern Europe"
    You left out the best bit:

There are no indications that Fotiadis has done anything wrong and no indications that Mueller is investigating that possibility.
    Well I have to trick y'all into reading it now don't I?

Not sure if this has been linked yet,

Pizza delivery man turned over to ICE after making a routine delivery to Brooklyn military base
    Pablo Villavicencio-Calderon regularly delivers pizzas to Fort Hamilton, but on his latest trip, instead of returning home, he was detained by ICE and now faces deportation. Villavicencio-Calderon's wife and two children are American citizens and his green card application is still in processing.
    I hope all these ICE agents have studied Nuremberg, and realize they can't use orders as a legal defense.
    America is not subject to ICC jurisdiction. We withdrew quite a while ago.

It'd take something more compelling than a subpoena to bring Americans before an international human rights tribunal.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Christina Wilkie: On April 11, I called Trump’s favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Mueller’s eye. Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. He’s still MIA.

"Meet the New York architect who was a key figure in Donald Trump's deals and connections in Eastern Europe"

There are no indications that Fotiadis has done anything wrong and no indications that Mueller is investigating that possibility.

Pizza delivery man turned over to ICE after making a routine delivery to Brooklyn military base
    Pablo Villavicencio-Calderon regularly delivers pizzas to Fort Hamilton, but on his latest trip, instead of returning home, he was detained by ICE and now faces deportation. Villavicencio-Calderon's wife and two children are American citizens and his green card application is still in processing.
    I hope all these ICE agents have studied Nuremberg, and realize they can't use orders as a legal defense.

It'd take something more compelling than a subpoena to bring Americans before an international human rights tribunal.
    You guys didn't just withdraw from the ICC

The US reserves the right to literally invade the Hague if anyone tries to put US citizens on trial for war crimes, so ye

Amusingly, the same act prevents the US from giving military aid to any country which participates in the ICC, so they had to write a bunch of exceptions into that
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; June 7 2018 at 04:37:37 PM.

Christina Wilkie: On April 11, I called Trumpís favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Muellerís eye. Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. Heís still MIA.

Whoís talking about the ICC?

Iím talking about after the revolution.

Jesus christ that article, I hadn't actually read the title

Some racist nobber thought it would be a laugh to get their pizza guy deported, good shit america

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Some racist nobber thought it would be a laugh to get their pizza guy deported, good shit america
    How dare you hurt the feelings of good honest ordinary hard-working americans by calling them racist, they would have done the same to any filthy lying dirty genetically inferior M-13 member, regardless of whether he was a disgusting mudman or a clean pure honest Christ-loving aryan.

- Alistair
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

How dare you hurt the feelings of good honest ordinary hard-working americans by calling them racist, they would have done the same to any filthy lying dirty genetically inferior M-13 member, regardless of whether he was a disgusting mudman or a clean pure honest Christ-loving aryan.

- Alistair
    I'm pretty sure I can speak for myself Malc. No need for you to make arguments in my name.

So stop being a dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

I'm pretty sure I can speak for myself Malc. No need for you to make arguments in my name.

So stop being a dickhead.
    It hurts cause it's so spot on.

Christina Wilkie: On April 11, I called Trump’s favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Mueller’s eye. Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. He’s still MIA.

Reading further, his portfio looks impressive, visually certainly stunning and modern and him being a speaker at architecture conferences embracing the academic side of architecture seems quite unlike Trump.

Tapapapatalk
    I hear Albert Speer could design a pretty nice building too.

The historical implication of the phrase "favorite architect" is rather ham-handedly obvious.

In other news, since we've been talking U.S. Illegal Immigration, here is a great example of where the law is badly written and the courts have utterly failed to find justice and right in a case:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/06/polit...ing/index.html

Reading further, his portfio looks impressive, visually certainly stunning and modern and him being a speaker at architecture conferences embracing the academic side of architecture seems quite unlike Trump.

Tapapapatalk

The historical implication of the phrase "favorite architect" is rather ham-handedly obvious.

In other news, since we've been talking U.S. Illegal Immigration, here is a great example of where the law is badly written and the courts have utterly failed to find justice and right in a case:

Godwin? Really? For this?

Also you have a weird taste if you think Speer's buildings were "pretty nice". That is the opposite of their intended effect. They were oppressively impressive brutalist in their style.
    nevar forget

Tapapapatalk

Also you have a weird taste if you think Speer's buildings were "pretty nice". That is the opposite of their intended effect. They were oppressively impressive brutalist in their style.

Tapapapatalk

Don't you dare shame the awesomeness that is Brutalism by associating it with Speer. It was a post-war (significantly post war, in most cases) style.

Also...

http://fuckyeahbrutalism.tumblr.com