hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2510 of 2777 FirstFirst ... 151020102410246025002507250825092510251125122513252025602610 ... LastLast
Results 50,181 to 50,200 of 55529

Thread: USA Politics Thread

What's Michael Winner doing at the back & who gave him the black eye?

Trumpkins 2018: eurofags spend more on your military lololol

Trumpkins 2020: I am super offended and hurte that the newly armed and operational europe told me to fucking shove it
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    imagine you fought in the war and watched your buddies get cut down by nazi machine guns and then you had to liberate a concentration camp etc etc etc

then you get home and raise a kid who grows up with everything you never had and after you get old and die they get taken in by the exact propaganda they warned against in your day
    This is a meme.

In other news, a court ruling that could officially pave the way for a authoritarian administrative law state: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K125W

TSA screeners win immunity from flier abuse claims: U.S. appeals court

(Reuters) - Fliers may have a tough time recovering damages for invasive screenings at U.S. airport security checkpoints, after a federal appeals court on Wednesday said screeners are immune from claims under a federal law governing assaults, false arrests and other abuses.

In a 2-1 vote, the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia said Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screeners are shielded by government sovereign immunity from liability under the Federal Tort Claims Act because they do not function as “investigative or law enforcement officers.”

The majority said it was “sympathetic” to concerns that its decision would leave fliers with “very limited legal redress” for alleged mistreatment by aggressive or overzealous screeners, which add to the ordinary stresses of air travel.

“For most people, TSA screenings are an unavoidable feature of flying,” but it is “squarely in the realm” of Congress to expand liability for abuses, Circuit Judge Cheryl Ann Krause wrote.
    Now that a precedent has been set, expect this to be used as justification for many other things.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Ima need to check insido yo asshole.

My penis is a certified probing tool.

"Law and Order candidate" pardons ranchers who broke federal law: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-o...-idUSKBN1K11RF

(Reuters) - The father-and-son Oregon ranchers pardoned by U.S. President Donald Trump stepped off a plane and embraced their family on Wednesday, more than two years after their sentencing on arson convictions sparked a 2016 occupation of a wildlife refuge.

The 41-day standoff, which began after the ranchers were imprisoned for a second time for setting a fire that spread to public land, stirred the long-simmering dispute over federal land policies in the U.S. West. It turned deadly when police shot one of the occupiers. [nL1N1U60RW]

A crowd of supporters cheered as Dwight Hammond, 76, and his son, Steven, 49, arrived at Burns Municipal Airport in southeastern Oregon. Local officials including a Republican congressman had urged Trump to pardon them.

U.S. Representative Greg Walden, who had sought the pardon, called their release “an acknowledgement of our unique way of life in the high desert, rural West” in a statement on Tuesday. He declined further comment Wednesday.

Harney County Sheriff David Ward, who also petitioned the government to pardon the Hammonds soon after Trump’s election, also welcomed the decision.

“There’s no way we can thank everybody enough,” Dwight Hammond told reporters at the airport as he stood alongside his wife, Susan.

The Hammonds were convicted in 2012. They said they were using standard land-management techniques, but federal prosecutors said that in at least one instance they were trying to hide evidence of their killing a herd of deer.

They were initially sentenced to less than the legal minimum five years in prison by a judge who called that minimum harsh. After prosecutors appealed, a different judge in 2015 ordered the men back to prison for the full five years, sparking protests and the occupation of the nearby Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Dwight Hammond served about three years in prison and Steven served four, according to the White House. They were released from a federal prison in California on Tuesday after Trump’s pardon.

The Center for Western Priorities, a conservation group, called the Hammonds “lawless extremists.”

The pardons are the latest in a series that have raised questions about whether Trump is using his presidential power to reward supporters.

Others who have been pardoned include conservative pundit Dinesh D’Souza who pleaded guilty to violating federal campaign finance laws, and former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio, who campaigned for Trump before being convicted in a case regarding racial profiling.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    (Reuters) - Fliers may have a tough time recovering damages for invasive screenings at U.S. airport security checkpoints, after a federal appeals court on Wednesday said screeners are immune from claims under a federal law governing assaults, false arrests and other abuses.

In a 2-1 vote, the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia said Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screeners are shielded by government sovereign immunity from liability under the Federal Tort Claims Act because they do not function as “investigative or law enforcement officers.”

The majority said it was “sympathetic” to concerns that its decision would leave fliers with “very limited legal redress” for alleged mistreatment by aggressive or overzealous screeners, which add to the ordinary stresses of air travel.

“For most people, TSA screenings are an unavoidable feature of flying,” but it is “squarely in the realm” of Congress to expand liability for abuses, Circuit Judge Cheryl Ann Krause wrote.
    Now that a precedent has been set, expect this to be used as justification for many other things.
    Fucking lol, some people are literally going to get fucked.

http://abc13.com/health/couple-consi...costs/3743344/

SANGER, Texas (KTRK) -- A north Texas couple is considering a divorce to help pay for their daughter's health care costs.
    This is your country on conservative principles.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

SANGER, Texas (KTRK) -- A north Texas couple is considering a divorce to help pay for their daughter's health care costs.
    would European/Slovenian style healthcare even work in USA?

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Yes, once you busted the rent-seekers in the healthcare and pharma industries, which is totally within the government’s power.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Just by removing the vultures that are private health insurance you'd put a huge dent into the cost of healthcare in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Just by removing the vultures that are private health insurance you'd put a huge dent into the cost of healthcare in the US.
    Don't forget the vultures like Shkreli. You also have the "whales" with incurable conditions (aHUS, I'm looking at you) that cost multiple millions per year to keep alive.
    Last edited by Nordstern; July 12 2018 at 04:41:26 AM.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/11/62800...es-with-regret
    On reflecting on how his rhetoric while protesting abortion clinics and doctors may have contributed to the violence toward abortion providers, such as Dr. David Gunn, who was murdered in 1993; Dr. George Tiller, who was was wounded in 1993 and murdered in 2009; and Dr. Barnett Slepian, who was murdered in 1998

his became more about us, about me, about our need to win, to win the argument, to win on legislation, to win in the courts. I will tell you that my acceptance of that responsibility had to come only after a long period of reflective prayer, of listening deeply to those who were gravely affected by those murders, in therapy with my own — I will be careful to say — Christian therapist, who helped me come to terms with what really happened and how I may have contributed to those acts of violence through my rhetoric, and eventually in a confrontation, a very loving one but nonetheless an encounter, a very strong, very powerful encounter, with the relative of one of the doctors shot and stabbed. ... And it was ... actually at a Passover Seder table when I was confronted very gently and very lovingly by a relative who happened to be a rabbi of that one abortion provider. In that moment, I realized my own culpability in those in those terrible, terrible events.

On the evangelical support of Donald Trump

I think it's a grave error. I think it has compromised our spiritual and moral integrity. In fact, I entitled my chapter on Donald Trump, "Donald Trump and the moral collapse of American evangelicalism." I think it's a Faustian bargain with Donald Trump, and I think it may lead to the demise of American evangelicalism as we have known it. But my hopeful thought is that, that as the phoenix arises out of the ashes, so a new evangelicalism will emerge, mostly led by a new younger generation of evangelicals that are truer to the faith that is at the center of evangelicalism.

On what he hears from some politicians who voted for Trump but have doubts

I would never name names ... but I have heard that many times over. You know, "I can't embrace him," sometimes even say very vulgar things about him, certainly paint him as a reckless, irresponsible and deeply offensive individual. I've heard even top level officials including members of Congress call him "insane, crazy, a lunatic — but he's our lunatic, and he's going to help us achieve our objectives," and they're willing to make that deal. To me, that equates to selling one's soul.

good luck with that

London pub renames itself The Trump Arms ahead of US President's visit - I figure it'd be quicker & easier just to burn it down to claim the insurance money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Yes, once you busted the rent-seekers in the healthcare and pharma industries, which is totally within the government’s power.
    the us government is owned by the highest bidder though and poor people have no money so

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    STOP POOING SPACE FORCE!@!

Literally the best idea the man has ever had in his life. Its amazing. Truly the best. SPACE FORCE!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I feel like parents must when they have to admit that santa doesn't exist.

No "Space Force" will actually happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

The more likely scenario is that NASA will get militarized.