hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2509 of 2653 FirstFirst ... 150920092409245924992506250725082509251025112512251925592609 ... LastLast
Results 50,161 to 50,180 of 53055

Thread: USA Politics Thread

  1. #50161
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Yeah, but disparaging the President only fuels his supporters. So, obviously since criticism of Trump only makes him stronger, we should stop criticizing him
    You dont attack him to persuade his supporters. Anyone still supporting him at this point is probably unreachable, although there may be a few 'casualties' (see r/trumpgrets for examples). People who aren't fascists themselves aren't going to admit that they voted for one, even to themselves. People who are fascists view as praise what we call criticism.

    The reason you attack him is to energise his opponents and sway the "undecideds". The Roy Moore effect. And also to destroy the "silent majority" bullshit.
    Are you absolutely 100% sure that you are not the fascist or fascist supporter? Well maybe not fascist... but authoritarian + political correctness/victim culture = we don't have a word for it yet like we do for theocracy (authoritarian + religion) and fascism (authoritarian + nationalism).

    It is you. The 'silent majority' isn't silent. They are the 'not paying attention majority', and funny enough, the more you guys talk and try to refute Trump... the more they pay attention and it never seems to work out in your favor... That is why he keeps winning. Nobody was paying attention to what you guys were up to, and now that someone who has no decorum and isn't afraid to argue with you guys is arguing with you guys... People don't like what they are seeing: pink shirted storm troopers stomping through the public square engaged in social media lynchings, star chambers on college campuses, legally forced speech, blatant racism that isn't racism because they say it isn't racism even though it is totally racism, enforced racial segregation, different rules for different skin colors with no regard for content of character, literally illegal opinions, literally illegal jokes, police forces reminding the public that they are constantly watching for those illegal opinions or jokes, abject denial of science, etc.

    Trump is an idiot arguing with completely insane people in total denial of reality. All the idiot has to do is keep the insane people talking.

    Here... I'll explain why it keeps going wrong for you guys:



    Every time someone does a double take on the situation you guys lose. It is because you've not looked in a mirror because as you say... someone who fell in with authoritarians will never admit to themselves what they've done.

    Just because social justice is a new asshole doesn't mean people are going to tolerate the same authoritarian shit they've never tolerated before. People don't like authoritarians... and the longer this goes the more people don't seem to like the side you are on. If you want to keep your social justice, you need to ditch the authoritarians. Just like people who want to keep their religion and nationalism need to steer clear of authoritarians.
    Look at this offended white privilege. The actual shrieking tantrum over the prospect of not being allowed to be as absolutely shitty to browns, bitches and faggots.

    I'm going to enjoy - hugely - the struggling and crying from you and your ilk as over the next couple of years, you're forcibly penetrated by the fact that the Trumperium will be, at best, a short-lived countr-reaction to the loss of unearned status that's so dear to you because you'll never earn any personally yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  2. #50162
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Yeah, but disparaging the President only fuels his supporters. So, obviously since criticism of Trump only makes him stronger, we should stop criticizing him
    You dont attack him to persuade his supporters. Anyone still supporting him at this point is probably unreachable, although there may be a few 'casualties' (see r/trumpgrets for examples). People who aren't fascists themselves aren't going to admit that they voted for one, even to themselves. People who are fascists view as praise what we call criticism.

    The reason you attack him is to energise his opponents and sway the "undecideds". The Roy Moore effect. And also to destroy the "silent majority" bullshit.
    Are you absolutely 100% sure that you are not the fascist or fascist supporter? Well maybe not fascist... but authoritarian + political correctness/victim culture = we don't have a word for it yet like we do for theocracy (authoritarian + religion) and fascism (authoritarian + nationalism).

    It is you. The 'silent majority' isn't silent. They are the 'not paying attention majority', and funny enough, the more you guys talk and try to refute Trump... the more they pay attention and it never seems to work out in your favor... That is why he keeps winning. Nobody was paying attention to what you guys were up to, and now that someone who has no decorum and isn't afraid to argue with you guys is arguing with you guys... People don't like what they are seeing: pink shirted storm troopers stomping through the public square engaged in social media lynchings, star chambers on college campuses, legally forced speech, blatant racism that isn't racism because they say it isn't racism even though it is totally racism, enforced racial segregation, different rules for different skin colors with no regard for content of character, literally illegal opinions, literally illegal jokes, police forces reminding the public that they are constantly watching for those illegal opinions or jokes, abject denial of science, etc.

    Trump is an idiot arguing with completely insane people in total denial of reality. All the idiot has to do is keep the insane people talking.

    Here... I'll explain why it keeps going wrong for you guys:



    Every time someone does a double take on the situation you guys lose. It is because you've not looked in a mirror because as you say... someone who fell in with authoritarians will never admit to themselves what they've done.

    Just because social justice is a new asshole doesn't mean people are going to tolerate the same authoritarian shit they've never tolerated before. People don't like authoritarians... and the longer this goes the more people don't seem to like the side you are on. If you want to keep your social justice, you need to ditch the authoritarians. Just like people who want to keep their religion and nationalism need to steer clear of authoritarians.
    Look at this offended white privilege. The actual shrieking tantrum over the prospect of not being allowed to be as absolutely shitty to browns, bitches and faggots.

    I'm going to enjoy - hugely - the struggling and crying from you and your ilk as over the next couple of years, you're forcibly penetrated by the fact that the Trumperium will be, at best, a short-lived countr-reaction to the loss of unearned status that's so dear to you because you'll never earn any personally yourself.
    And when it swings back, and it will, we're going relish marginalizing these little fuckers so hard they are going to wish they voted for Clinton.
    meh

  3. #50163
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    is this the return of wolf crendraven or rakhahaha?
    Reads like a Lulsulpher post to me.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  4. #50164
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,198
    oh god

  5. #50165
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,627
    https://www.scribd.com/document/3835...essive-Threats

    Do claims of “free speech” provide cover for prejudice? We investigate whether this defense of racist orhate speech serves as a justification for prejudice. In a series of 8 studies we found that explicit racial prejudice is a reliable predictor of the “free speech defense” of racist expression.Participants endorsed free speech values for singing racists songs or posting racist comments on socialmedia; people high in prejudice endorsed free speech more than people low in prejudice . This endorsement was not principled—high levels of prejudice did not predict endorsement of free speech values when identical speech was directed at coworkers or the police.
    tl:dr free speech for me and not for thee (if you're black)

    Very relevant

    (found the link in this: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDr...he_whites_and/ before you all go "lolreddit" it's an amazing example of the online alt-right modus operandi and how pervasive it is in certain areas now)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; July 11 2018 at 01:27:07 AM.

  6. #50166
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    2,193
    Burn it with fire.

  7. #50167
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,809
    meh

  8. #50168

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,967
    Trump looks better without the blonde hair.

  9. #50169
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Trump looks better without the blonde hair.
    He needs a shave though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  10. #50170
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,406
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post



    imagine you fought in the war and watched your buddies get cut down by nazi machine guns and then you had to liberate a concentration camp etc etc etc

    then you get home and raise a kid who grows up with everything you never had and after you get old and die they get taken in by the exact propaganda they warned against in your day
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; July 11 2018 at 08:10:45 AM.

  11. #50171
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,627
    I mean, this is precisely the generation where the last of the WW2 veterans are passing on, I doubt that's a coincidence

  12. #50172
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,729
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I mean, this is precisely the generation where the last of the WW2 veterans are passing on, I doubt that's a coincidence
    The last generation to experience the horrors of total war somehow raised the generation who have fetishised it.

    Jingoism is a cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  13. #50173
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,067
    Personally, I don't know what kind of deal Putin did with Trump, but just about everything Trump has done has been favourable to Russian interests. Trade wars with Europe, the disintegration of Nato, the weakening of American political institutions etc.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  14. #50174
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Personally, I don't know what kind of deal Putin did with Trump, but just about everything Trump has done has been favourable to Russian interests. Trade wars with Europe, the disintegration of Nato, the weakening of American political institutions etc.
    That is a stupid question. The Best Deal! Very best! Huge deal!

  15. #50175
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Personally, I don't know what kind of deal Putin did with Trump, but just about everything Trump has done has been favourable to Russian interests. Trade wars with Europe, the disintegration of Nato, the weakening of American political institutions etc.
    He probably been a russian agent of sorts since he got those russian oligarch financiers. Then Putin got very lucky with election.
    http://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/


    Edit: Also Mattis apparently on way out of so our new shiny defence guarantees are not worth the paper its written on... (i hope we can fund the military soon)

  16. #50176
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Personally, I don't know what kind of deal Putin did with Trump, but just about everything Trump has done has been favourable to Russian interests. Trade wars with Europe, the disintegration of Nato, the weakening of American political institutions etc.
    That's all just a coincidence. Trump has never done anything that would harm america and is only doing what he is doing to makes america great again!
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  17. #50177
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Personally, I don't know what kind of deal Putin did with Trump, but just about everything Trump has done has been favourable to Russian interests. Trade wars with Europe, the disintegration of Nato, the weakening of American political institutions etc.
    He simply wants to make the world a more interesting place. Hes not the hero we want but the hero we need right now.



  18. #50178

  19. #50179
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,374
    The tie is a nice touch

  20. #50180
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,820
    totallynottinyhands


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •