hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2692 of 2701 FirstFirst ... 169221922592264226822689269026912692269326942695 ... LastLast
Results 53,821 to 53,840 of 54015

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Not that it fucking matters...

Wow it's almost like they had literal pictures of Al Franken doing the shit he was accused of or something
    "Last night I saw upon the stair
    A little man who wasn’t there
    He wasn’t there again today
    Oh, how I wish he’d go away"

The solution is burning shit and demanding better for your class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Not that it fucking matters...

Wow it's almost like they had literal pictures of Al Franken doing the shit he was accused of or something
    Wow it's almost like they had video of Trump boasting about molesting girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

interesting take

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    I love to see resident leftists spit on Democrats and dream about true social justice. Yes, do keep masturbating to fully automated gay space communism. But in the meantime please don't vote, or if you do, vote only for 3rd parties.
    the US is literately a single party state as recent shennanigans amply illustrate, voting there is largely meaningless for a great portion of the population due to the electoral system.
    Yeah plus Democrats are effectively powerless right now at both state and federal level, and even if they do manage to wrest control back they are so meek and polite that they will still just go along with what ever the republicans want as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I love to see resident leftists spit on Democrats and dream about true social justice. Yes, do keep masturbating to fully automated gay space communism. But in the meantime please don't vote, or if you do, vote only for 3rd parties.
    the US is literately a single party state as recent shennanigans amply illustrate, voting there is largely meaningless for a great portion of the population due to the electoral system.
    Yeah plus Democrats are effectively powerless right now at both state and federal level, and even if they do manage to wrest control back they are so meek and polite that they will still just go along with what ever the republicans want as always.
    Funny how two years ago some people here were claiming the Republican party was dead. Now they are monolithicly powerful, and voting doesn't matter. Except, don't vote third party. People sure are dramatic.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Funny how two years ago some people here were claiming the Republican party was dead. Now they are monolithicly powerful, and voting doesn't matter. Except, don't vote third party. People sure are dramatic.
    I mean I'd agree except the Democrats did nothing with their 2008 supermajority except pass a Republican healthcare bill, then the Republicans 'stole' a supreme court seat and upended the balance of power in the court in only 2 years.

For a 'dead' party they sure seem to get what they want on a consistent basis. The only real 'defeat' they suffered was gay marriage being declared legal by the Supreme court, which they can now easily undo.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; October 7 2018 at 02:45:36 PM.

Republicans 'stole' a supreme court seat and upended the balance of power in the court in only 2 years.
    This is the part that raped and murdered the United States.
    meh

Republicans may be basically the evil empire, but the Democrats are just....pathetic.
    USA needs a hard reboot and started up from scratch tbh.

I mean I'd agree except the Democrats did nothing with their 2008 supermajority except pass a Republican healthcare bill, then the Republicans 'stole' a supreme court seat and upended the balance of power in the court in only 2 years.

For a 'dead' party they sure seem to get what they want on a consistent basis. The only real 'defeat' they suffered was gay marriage being declared legal by the Supreme court, which they can now easily undo.
    Yes, but they're sure burning a lot of bridges to get what they want. Not just with this, but also going for the nuclear option on nominations etc.

If there's a voter backlash against the Republicans for the things that they did, and the way they did it - and that is not unlikely - then all this is going to bite them in the arse in a rather big way.

They may have succeeded in stacking the SCOTUS just now, but they can't keep running to the SCOTUS on everything. If the democrats take back control of the house, and maybe the senate: Trump is a lame duck president, and the Democrats can legislate around the SCOTUS, and the president. And frankly kill the Republican party in the process, or at least in 2020.

I certainly hope they will.

Frankly, I don't think the Democrats have been particularly meek and polite recently. Those days have long gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Democrats?

Legislate?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Republicans may be basically the evil empire, but the Democrats are just....pathetic.
    Nah, it's not that the Democrats are pathetic. They're not. They're just not in power, and that limits what they can do. Dramatically.

Meanwhile the Republicans are getting desperate. They know they're cornered, so they're throwing all rules and norms to the wind, to get their shots in before they're made to reap what they've sown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Democrats?

Legislate?

The Democrats actually have a history of (successful) legislation. The Republicans have nothing like it in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Nah, it's not that the Democrats are pathetic. They're not. They're just not in power, and that limits what they can do. Dramatically.

Meanwhile the Republicans are getting desperate. They know they're cornered, so they're throwing all rules and norms to the wind, to get their shots in before they're made to reap what they've sown.
    Excuse me, who ended up helping mr dickback judge get nominated by being both incompetent and straight up helping later?

Oh right.

Yeah no fuck off.

That was a Joe Lieberman thing. He killed the ACA bill which had the public option

This is a great reason why the Joe Manchins and Liebermans should leave the party. They fuck over the wider D base to do their "I'm a moderate Democrat" dance

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Democrats?

Legislate?

The Democrats actually have a history of (successful) legislation. The Republicans have nothing like it in comparison.
    When? In the 1960s? The 1930s?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Excuse me, who ended up helping mr dickback judge get nominated by being both incompetent and straight up helping later?

Oh right.

Yeah no fuck off.
    Wait, so now it is the Dems fault Kavenaugh got appointed? Gotta explain that one to me.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Pretty sure that's what you have all those guns for, right?

Is this just the USA thread or general americas thread? Because in Brazil, a pro-military dictatorship, pro torture candidate Jair Bolsonaro is leading the polls with a staggering lead over the other candidates.

He's promising to make Brazil great again, and return it to the times of the military dictatorship, to a “time when Brazilians could still walk on the streets without fear”. He also seems to hate everyone non-white and non-straight. His supporters said that they need "a leader with energy and fight – like British prime minister Theresa May"

First results should be up in an hour or so. You need 50% of the votes to win on the first round, or a second round will follow with two candidates who got most votes on the first round.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277