hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2483 of 2770 FirstFirst ... 148319832383243324732480248124822483248424852486249325332583 ... LastLast
Results 49,641 to 49,660 of 55399

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    So, Justice Kennedy is retiring, and we are all mega-fucked.

Like, mega, MEGA fucked.

Unless the dems can actually retake the senate, which, at the current rate...
    Naturally, expect McConnell to call for a quick vote on confirmation of anyone Trump appoints...
    The retirement date is July 31.

There is little chance the Dems, lacking power or rules to support them, can stop whomever Trump nominates from being confirmed, barring a total loon/unqualified choice (like, say, his Daughter as a lol example).
    Cornyn: "Sir, Washington is on the line. They're reporting Justice Kennedy is retiring on July 31st."
    McConnell: "I want to speak with President Trump."
    Cornyn: "He's there, sir. In Washington."
    McConnell: (musing) "The Senate is in summer recess, are they not?"
    Cornyn: "They are."
    McConnell: "Prepare a special session for August 1st and inform Fox News."
    Seems about right, aye.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    In a rare bit of positive news, the US and Canada, followed by South Africa, have the most inclusive view of immigrants.
    http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/19/178786.html

One wonders how long this will last with Trumps retarded tantrums.
    I guess they havent been swarmed by masses of illiterate leeches yet
    I didn't know you were illiterate
    Maybe I am illiterate but atleast I'm not leeching others for free money/apartment/everything

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

In a rare bit of positive news, the US and Canada, followed by South Africa, have the most inclusive view of immigrants.

Maybe I am illiterate but atleast I'm not leeching others for free money/apartment/everything
    Stop using verbal violence against the less fortunate. Aid shaming is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    For starters the Dem party in NYC has been passively laying down and letting luxury real estate developers have their way with the city. Almost none of the new construction in the city is going towards units that real people can afford.
    That has very little to do with politicians and more to do with NYC's Zoning Board's of approvals. There is tons of disused warehousing & manufacturing buildings & lots scattered about the outer boroughs that could be used for reasonably priced housing but trying to change zoning classifications is a fucking ball ache, and the ZAB's dont want to let it fly either.

Also the developers still follow the letter of the law, and that some of the units are low income housing and inclusionary zoning as required. Just keep in mind that low income housing is defined as 50%-80% of AMI, so in a building of $2m+ Apartments in Mid-Town, that equates to 1mil to 1.6m apartments.

I mean really there is no clean solution to housing in Manhattan, the population has grown too much, and demand for property & land value has ballooned along with it. There are things that can be done for the outer boroughs but Manhattan is a lost cause at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    I mean really there is no clean solution to housing in Manhattan.......
    Sure there is....

I mean really there is no clean solution to housing in Manhattan.......
    Sure there is....

In all seriousness that is basically what it comes down to. Zoning laws prevent having enough units in a building to make it financially possible.

Is it really aid shaming and verbal violence if you come here specifically for this reason and nothing else?

laughs in Slovenian

Is it really aid shaming and verbal violence if you come here specifically for this reason and nothing else?
    Also to not get greenbus'd shot by Assad's deathsquads for being a jihadi.

For starters the Dem party in NYC has been passively laying down and letting luxury real estate developers have their way with the city. Almost none of the new construction in the city is going towards units that real people can afford.
    That has very little to do with politicians and more to do with NYC's Zoning Board's of approvals. There is tons of disused warehousing & manufacturing buildings & lots scattered about the outer boroughs that could be used for reasonably priced housing but trying to change zoning classifications is a fucking ball ache, and the ZAB's dont want to let it fly either.

Also the developers still follow the letter of the law, and that some of the units are low income housing and inclusionary zoning as required. Just keep in mind that low income housing is defined as 50%-80% of AMI, so in a building of $2m+ Apartments in Mid-Town, that equates to 1mil to 1.6m apartments.

I mean really there is no clean solution to housing in Manhattan, the population has grown too much, and demand for property & land value has ballooned along with it. There are things that can be done for the outer boroughs but Manhattan is a lost cause at this point.
    Then those politicians should do something about the Zoning Board...? if we act like its some insurmountable obstacle for government to actually get off its ass and do something for their voters, then dont be surprised if nothing gets done.

This is also a common theme in many cities now. Lots of NIMBYism and 'environmental concerns' for working/middle class high rises that could alleviate rising rents, but damn there sure is a ton of enthusiasm for luxury development. Muh neighborhood of two story coffee shops and lofts

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Also to not get greenbus'd shot by Assad's deathsquads for being a jihadi.
    Shot by Assad for being a jihadi in Morroco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt? Europeans go there for holidays ffs

laughs in Slovenian

Europeans go there to get robbed culturally enriched
    fyp

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Europeans go there to get robbed culturally enriched cause they have money to spend.
    fyp

Razor have turnip.

Checkmate.

Then those politicians should do something about the Zoning Board...? if we act like its some insurmountable obstacle for government to actually get off its ass and do something for their voters, then dont be surprised if nothing gets done.

This is also a common theme in many cities now. Lots of NIMBYism and 'environmental concerns' for working/middle class high rises that could alleviate rising rents, but damn there sure is a ton of enthusiasm for luxury development. Muh neighborhood of two story coffee shops and lofts
    So more this:

Less this:

From a few pages back, the white woman who called the cops on the young black girl selling water without legal permission.....

Folks will be pleased to know her career has been destroyed, and she's been forced to step down from her job as (apparently) CEO (lol) of a Pot Company.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...D=ansmsnnews11

From a few pages back, the white woman who called the cops on the young black girl selling water without legal permission.....

Folks will be pleased to know her career has been destroyed, and she's been forced to step down from her job as (apparently) CEO (lol) of a Pot Company.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...D=ansmsnnews11
    Pot is big money. it’s likely to attract many moral abbohrents as any others.
    meh

Another drug dealing perp taken down and without a single shot fired. I hope the police were taking notes.

Oh fuck you. And smarnca's half assed real-trolling, but that's a given.

So more this:

Less this:

Pretty much, yes. Apartment blocks don't need to be grim but sooner or later people need to come to terms with space being limited in areas everyone wants to be.
    Lots of space, close to town/work, cheap housing; pick two.

Why is it that this thread keeps coming back to commieblocks?