hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2479 of 2655 FirstFirst ... 147919792379242924692476247724782479248024812482248925292579 ... LastLast
Results 49,561 to 49,580 of 53090

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Mob rule, mob violence, anarchy, and revolution are none of those things (which is also why I don't think John Brown is/was a martyr; merely an outlaw).

In fact, I find it sad that Maxine Waters tainted what was, I believe, a powerful statement of effective grassroots activism that could, possibly, have spread. With Trump picking it up as the distraction Carnifex, that is, unfortunately now unlikely to happen. Stupid.
    Grass roots activism without the threat of violence towards ruling class interests is useless.
    Nonsense. Economic activism was for more powerful towards effecting change than anything the armed struggle produced.
    Economic activism is the main part of violence against ruling class interests.
    When you engage in grassroots activism in the UK, what violence do you threaten the UK government/ruling class with, specificly?
    Violence can take many forms. Ghandi was more violent than Hitler.

Mob rule, mob violence, anarchy, and revolution are none of those things (which is also why I don't think John Brown is/was a martyr; merely an outlaw).

In fact, I find it sad that Maxine Waters tainted what was, I believe, a powerful statement of effective grassroots activism that could, possibly, have spread. With Trump picking it up as the distraction Carnifex, that is, unfortunately now unlikely to happen. Stupid.
    Grass roots activism without the threat of violence towards ruling class interests is useless.
    Nonsense. Economic activism was for more powerful towards effecting change than anything the armed struggle produced.
    Not showing up to work in an organized fashion (mass action) is not violence.
    Must be why the cops always show up to strikes then, right?

And why the military or national guard tends to get involved in general strikes.

A strike is a veiled threat of seizure. It is, in a way, an actual seizure, just on a temporary basis. It nonconsensually deprives the capitalist of his expected return on investment. It’s a reminder to bourgeois interests of their dependency on the working class.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; June 26 2018 at 06:08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

And why the military or national guard tends to get involved in general strikes.

A strike is a veiled threat of seizure. It is, in a way, an actual seizure, just on a temporary basis. It nonconsensually deprives the capitalist of his expected return on investment. It’s a reminder to bourgeois interests of their dependency on the working class.
    Right, and when an entire country does it, "they can't shoot all of us". Still, no one got hung from a lamp post.
    meh

A strike is a veiled threat of seizure. It is, in a way, an actual seizure, just on a temporary basis. It nonconsensually deprives the capitalist of his expected return on investment. Itís a reminder to bourgeois interests of their dependency on the working class.
    Right, and when an entire country does it, "they can't shoot all of us". Still, no one got hung from a lamp post.
    Cause protestors have never been shoot in the west right?

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Lots of people where shot in South Africa. I’m saying st some point people said “fuck it, they can’t shoot all of us” and change happened.
    meh

Lots of people where shot in South Africa. I’m saying st some point people said “fuck it, they can’t shoot all of us” and change happened.
    "We'll take that bet" -Communists

If im not mistaken ANC waged a guerilla war as well on the countryside so there where some ordinary violence as well there. So it should be a case of "they shoot at us, lets shoot back AND wage a classic protest movement at the same time to garner popular support. "One way or another we will have change".

If im not mistaken ANC waged a guerilla war as well on the countryside so there where some ordinary violence as well there. So it should be a case of "they shoot at us, lets shoot back AND wage a classic protest movement at the same time to garner popular support. "One way or another we will have change".
    The ANC didn't really have any presence inside South Africa, other than as a "terrorist organization". I mean, sure, they had people doing things for them, but it was never more than cells. Trade Unions, informal unions of domestic workers (who had no formal union), farmworkers unions. These where not ANC people. There was coordination but the SA state was actually pretty good at security. A lot of people died as a result of the armed struggle, but don't confuse everyone in South Africa as ANC, because it's as colorful (and sometimes tribal) as our flag. It was the constant pauses in economic activity that finally made change happen. Not the violence. That just caused eye for an eye stuff.
    meh

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/polit...urt/index.html

As expected, the Trump Travel Ban was upheld by the Supreme Court.

(Note: Reporting this news does not indicate support for the policy or the person of Donald Trump in any way).
    So was Dred Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/polit...urt/index.html

As expected, the Trump Travel Ban was upheld by the Supreme Court.

(Note: Reporting this news does not indicate support for the policy or the person of Donald Trump in any way).
    So was Dred Scott.
    So were a goodly number of things later overturned.

These days everything is "violence". Also people don't feel "safe" anywhere.

Disagree with me? You're being violent to me. I don't feel safe on FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post

triggered much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Good.

No, see, we already covered it a few pages ago, verbal speech isn't violence.

Sorry.

Just when you think this thread can't get dumber.

the spooky commiesquad/altright ''''masterrace'''' posters gonna get ya

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Just when you think this thread can't get dumber.
    With Frug posting dumb can always be turned into dumber.

You know this ...

I found this a good article. As often with Gary Younge.

I found this a good article. As often with Gary Younge.
    The comments on that article are crazy - has the graun been invaded by bots or something? Loads of people drawing false equivalences, particularly with the gay cake story.

People are really stupid and my head hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    has the graun been invaded by bots or something?
    news article comments are like 80% agitprop