hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2866 of 2897 FirstFirst ... 1866236627662816285628632864286528662867286828692876 ... LastLast
Results 57,301 to 57,320 of 57932

Thread: Massive Faggotry Thread

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    [Twitter]1080509257441837057[/Twitter]
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

President Trump, 12 days into a government shutdown and facing new scrutiny from emboldened Democrats, inaugurated the new year Wednesday with a Cabinet meeting. It quickly became a 95-minute stream-of-consciousness defense of his presidency and worldview, filled with falsehoods, revisionist history and self-aggrandizement.
    Trump trashed his former secretary of defense, retired four-star Marine Gen. Jim Mattis, as a failure after once holding him out as a star of his administration.
    “What’s he done for me?” Trump said.
    He claimed to have “essentially” fired Mattis, who had surprised the White House by resigning in protest last month after the president’s abrupt decision to pull U.S. forces from Syria.
    And Trump, who did not serve in the military and received draft deferments during the Vietnam War, suggested he would have made a good military leader himself.
    “I think I would have been a good general, but who knows?” Trump said.
    He took credit for falling oil prices, arguing they were the result of phone calls he made to the leaders of oil-producing nations.
    “I called up certain people, and I said let that damn oil and gasoline — you let it flow, the oil,” he said.
    And Trump defended his push to fund his promised border wall, parrying complaints from Democrats who have called the wall immoral by remarking, “Then we have to do something about the Vatican, because the Vatican has the biggest wall of them all.”
    Trump is entering his third year in the White House with his presidency at its most challenging point.
    Democrats bent on investigating his administration and stymieing his agenda will take control of the House on Thursday. The thriving economy he once touted as evidence of his success is showing signs of strain, with financial markets tumbling in recent weeks due in part to worries over his policies and stewardship of the government. And his new year began with former GOP presidential nominee and incoming Utah Sen. Mitt Romney penning a harsh critique, cheered by the president’s Republican detractors, that argued Trump “has not risen to the mantle of the office.”

Trump seemed mindful of all this Wednesday as he attempted to seize the spotlight by staging an unusual Cabinet meeting that was geared more toward garnering public attention than serving as a venue for the internal deliberations of his administration.
    After saying last month that he would proudly take responsibility for the government shutdown over wall funding, he sought to blame Democrats for not sticking around over the holidays to negotiate. He said he stayed in Washington because the border security debate was “too important a subject to walk away from.”
    “I was here on Christmas evening. I was all by myself in the White House — it’s a big, big house — except for the guys on the lawn with machine guns,” he said.
    But Trump added confusion to the debate by undercutting Vice President Pence, seated nearby, in dismissing the offer he and other administration officials made to Democrats late last month of accepting $2.5 billion for the wall.
    He described the recent stock sell-off as a “glitch” and said markets would soar again on the strength of trade deals he plans this year. But House Democrats may stand in the way of the first of those, a renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement, and markets have been rattled most by the tariffs Trump has imposed on China.
    Trump dismissed Romney’s scathing criticism of how he’s conducted his presidency, saying Romney should be more of a “team player,” and played down the idea he could face a primary challenge in 2020.
    “They say I am the most popular president in the history of the Republican Party,” Trump said.
    Amid concerns within his own party about whether he will pull troops out of Afghanistan, Trump offered a discursive and somewhat inscrutable account of the fall of the Soviet Union, blaming it on the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
    “Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia, because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan,” Trump said.
    His point was that the United States should pull out of hopeless and expensive wars, but he skipped over the many reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 as he held up the loss of empire as an example.
    “The reason Russia was in Afghanistan was because terrorists were going into Russia. They were right to be there,” he said, breaking with the stance taken by past U.S. administrations that the invasion was an illegitimate power play against a neighboring nation. “The problem is, it was a tough fight. And literally they went bankrupt; they went into being called Russia again, as opposed to the Soviet Union. You know, a lot of these places you’re reading about now are no longer part of Russia, because of Afghanistan.”
    The semblance of a traditional Cabinet meeting broke out from time to time, including when Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, joining by video connection, briefed the group on the administration’s border security efforts and set the tone by claiming, “Mr. President, now more than ever we need the wall.”
    Trump’s Cabinet is pocked by vacancies, as the roster of deputies and placeholders around the table illustrated.
    Mattis’s formerly prominent place at the Cabinet table was occupied Wednesday by a little-known deputy, Patrick Shanahan, who mostly looked down at his notes as Trump called Syria, where more than 2,000 U.S. troops are deployed, a lost cause of “sand and death.”
    Several officials in attendance interjected praise for the president at different points.
    “I want to thank you for the strong stand you have taken on border security,” Pence told him.
    Trump, a large poster of himself evoking “Game of Thrones” on the table before him, complained about allies and partners from Afghanistan and Pakistan to India and Germany. They don’t pay their way or expect too much from the United States, Trump said, claiming anew that he is insisting on a reboot of the old expectations about U.S. aid and military obligations.
    He claimed that if he wanted to, he could have any government job in Europe and be popular there. He cast his unpopularity among European publics as a sign he is doing his job well.
    He defended his controversial negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by stating that if he had not reached out, there would have been a “big fat war in Asia.”
    A second summit with Kim will happen soon, Trump predicted. He did not mention Kim’s veiled threat, in a New Year’s message, that the United States must not try his patience.
    Trump’s critics and skeptics on North Korea say he lost leverage by agreeing to the first summit last year and would only lose more with another face-to-face meeting now.
    The president, who frequently faces criticism for his light public schedule, also bemoaned the lack of credit he has received for what he views as the many accomplishments of his first two years.
    “I have to tell you, it would be a lot easier if I didn’t do anything, if I just sat and enjoyed the presidency, like a lot of other people have done,” Trump said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9a95b56ac9bb
      Spoiler:
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    also i like walrus.
    Yer a hoot

“I have to tell you, it would be a lot easier if I didn’t do anything, if I just sat and enjoyed the presidency, like a lot of other people have done,” Trump said.

At least he was right on one account.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Way too much I guess.

Hoping they have even the tiniest amount of fight in them is probably unrealistic
    Of course; they’re liberals. Liberals appease fascists, they don’t fight them.
    Except that one time fascism gripped Europe.
    and was pretty ok with it until said fascism decided to shoot itself in the foot
    Yeah that big dumb liberal Stalin was 100% fine with fascism
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Friendly reminder: the tag is [ tweet ], not [ twitter ]:

Land of the Special People

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Need a bit more context pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

So the fun begins today, the new congress will be sworn in.

Here is some of what CNN thinks is notable/historic about the new 116th Congress:

Inbound votes to reopen Government (which will go nowhere since the senate and President won't vote for/sign).

And presumably the various subcommittees will start getting their swords ready for the pending Investigationathon to come.

One of the first up will be demands (via various methods) to get 10 years of Trump tax returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

Interior secretary's goodbye note, written in red marker pen.

Also: [ Twitter] works in Tapatalk
      Spoiler:
    Also:
    also i like walrus.
    Yer a hoot

We've restored public lands “for the benefit & enjoyment of the people
    I think he mispelled "corporations" there...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

For vBulletin to show the actual tweet inline, as demonstrated by me by doing just that with walrus' original posted tweet, the BB code tags are [ tweet ]<only the ID part of a tweet's url>[/ tweet ]

Naah we have a supreme court ruling that says "Corporations are people"

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Naah we have a supreme court ruling that says "Corporations are people"
    But isn't people giving politicians money called corruption? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Way too much I guess.

Hoping they have even the tiniest amount of fight in them is probably unrealistic
    In terms of the big three: conservatives (UK), Stalinists (USSR) and only after Hitler sutpidly declared war on the US (Liberals) did they get involved.

So yeah, even that checks out.
    Before or after the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact?

Also, are UK conservatives not liberals in the context you where using the word, or are we changing contexts dynamically?
    We both know what kind of appeasement went on before M-R and why it happened at all. Because UK and France didn't have the stones to enforce any red lines.
    In fact, wasn't UK retreating the whole time until murica showed up to the party?
    itt: people haven't read their history books.

Prior to Barbarossa, Stalin was appeasing Hitler. The trains full of goods (fuelling the Nazi war machine) still trundled towards Germany right up to hours before the assault. That was June 1941.

Both the UK and France gave up on appeasement after the Hitlerites marched into run rump-Czechoslovakia (after Munich). That was 1939.

Fact: the soft western liberal democratic countries (starting with the UK) fought the Nazis for longer than the Bolsheviks. The US may (as usual) have been late to the party (Dec 1941, though they made up for it later in, say, the Pacific), but the UK, and the common wealth (plus others) where fighting the Hitlerites all over the place while Stalin was still kissing Hitler's arse.

And given how poorly the Bolsheviks faired until, say, Stalingrad (to be generous), those weak western liberal democracies were making a comparatively good show of it too ... given how far back they started.

Poor Russian peasants: fucked with umbrella before the war, left to die in vast numbers during the war, and still no potato for soup after the war. It's like no one ever gives a shit about the poor Russian peasants ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Way too much I guess.

In terms of the big three: conservatives (UK), Stalinists (USSR) and only after Hitler sutpidly declared war on the US (Liberals) did they get involved.

Also, are UK conservatives not liberals in the context you where using the word, or are we changing contexts dynamically?
    We both know what kind of appeasement went on before M-R and why it happened at all. Because UK and France didn't have the stones to enforce any red lines.
    In fact, wasn't UK retreating the whole time until murica showed up to the party?

Prior to Barbarossa, Stalin was appeasing Hitler. The trains full of goods (fuelling the Nazi war machine) still trundled towards Germany right up to hours before the assault. That was June 1941.

Both the UK and France gave up on appeasement after the Hitlerites marched into run rump-Czechoslovakia (after Munich). That was 1939.

Fact: the soft western liberal democratic countries (starting with the UK) fought the Nazis for longer than the Bolsheviks. The US may (as usual) have been late to the party (Dec 1941, though they made up for it later in, say, the Pacific), but the UK, and the common wealth (plus others) where fighting the Hitlerites all over the place while Stalin was still kissing Hitler's arse.

And given how poorly the Bolsheviks faired until, say, Stalingrad (to be generous), those weak western liberal democracies were making a comparatively good show of it too ... given how far back they started.

Poor Russian peasants: fucked with umbrella before the war, left to die in vast numbers during the war, and still no potato for soup after the war. It's like no one ever gives a shit about the poor Russian peasants ...
    imo the attitudes of the US at the time aren't as reprehensible as people here try to represent them.

The US voters were just getting up off the floor from a harsh double-dip depression (the double dip part rarely gets mentioned), so there was understandably zero appetite for confronting fascists until they actually got attacked.

And US leaders wanted to confront fascism, but knew it was not feasible at that moment. And enormous credit to FDR, he made genuine progress and attempts fixing the issues at home rather than being a typical liberal internationalist

Way too much I guess.

imo the attitudes of the US at the time aren't as reprehensible as people here try to represent them.

The US voters were just getting up off the floor from a harsh double-dip depression (the double dip part rarely gets mentioned), so there was understandably zero appetite for confronting fascists until they actually got attacked.

And US leaders wanted to confront fascism, but knew it was not feasible at that moment. And enormous credit to FDR, he made genuine progress and attempts fixing the issues at home rather than being a typical liberal internationalist
    There was plenty of pro-Nazi and anti-Semitic sentiment in the US in the inter-bellum as well. Primarily (but not exclusively *cough* southern democrats *cough*) in the Republican party.

When Charley Chaplin made the Great Dictator (released in October, 1940), some Republicans called for it to be censored. It became the second best loved film of the year. It was released in October 1940, after the fall of France!

Also, and I hate to spoil it for you, but remember Band of Brothers? The hated Captain Sobel? It's not in the book, nor in the TV series (Ambrose has/had a tendency to whitewash history), but the so-called 'band of brothers' often referred to him as 'that dirty Jew, Sobel'. No room for Jews in the band of brothers ...

The attitudes of the US at the time weren't as reprehensible as some here want to represent them as. But they certainly weren't much better than anywhere else in the world either, and in places, especially when it comes to race/African Americans, worse. And that, certainly, wasn't because of the Great Depression ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bartholomeus Crane again.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    andherewego.gif

The Hidden History of Trump’s First Trip to Moscow: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ow-trip-215842
    House Democrats Start Investigating Trump This Morning: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...rce=reddit.com
    Democrats to ask for 10 years of presidential tax returns in new bill: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/polit...ats/index.html
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Way too much I guess.

There was plenty of pro-Nazi and anti-Semitic sentiment in the US in the inter-bellum as well. Primarily (but not exclusively *cough* southern democrats *cough*) in the Republican party.

When Charley Chaplin made the Great Dictator (released in October, 1940), some Republicans called for it to be censored. It became the second best loved film of the year. It was released in October 1940, after the fall of France!

Also, and I hate to spoil it for you, but remember Band of Brothers? The hated Captain Sobel? It's not in the book, nor in the TV series (Ambrose has/had a tendency to whitewash history), but the so-called 'band of brothers' often referred to him as 'that dirty Jew, Sobel'. No room for Jews in the band of brothers ...

The attitudes of the US at the time weren't as reprehensible as some here want to represent them as. But they certainly weren't much better than anywhere else in the world either, and in places, especially when it comes to race/African Americans, worse. And that, certainly, wasn't because of the Great Depression ...
    Also, Roosevelt would have gotten the US bombing people way earlier if he’d had his way. He has to wait for public sentiment to shift, and that literally took Pearl.

Plenty boots, rations, aircraft and tanks, things like destroyers for bases, etc, things modern us would call “giving aid and comfort to the enemy” happened prior to the US official entry to the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    andherewego.gif

The Hidden History of Trump’s First Trip to Moscow: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ow-trip-215842
    House Democrats Start Investigating Trump This Morning: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...rce=reddit.com
    Democrats to ask for 10 years of presidential tax returns in new bill: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/polit...ats/index.html
    I bet you that last one is the one he really chimps out about. The only thing he's really sensitive about is being exposed as not as rich as he pretends to be...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!