hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2288 of 2651 FirstFirst ... 128817882188223822782285228622872288228922902291229823382388 ... LastLast
Results 45,741 to 45,760 of 53007

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    r/politics is a festering dung pile, even the worst on here would probably be too close to the sanity limit for r/politics.

How reddit lets them go on with letting them call themselves 'politics' is beyond me but reddit does seem a bit too casual in some areas.
    That said, coming from you, tells me its a sub worth reading.

Subscribed.
    It's not worth reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    r/politics is a festering dung pile, even the worst on here would probably be too close to the sanity limit for r/politics.

How reddit lets them go on with letting them call themselves 'politics' is beyond me but reddit does seem a bit too casual in some areas.

Subscribed.
    It's not worth reading.
    Confirmed.

Almost instant regret.

It's this years "Meester was right" day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Subscribed.
    It's not worth reading.
    Confirmed.

Almost instant regret.

It's this years "Meester was right" day.
    what, you dont like their content that consists entirely of the trump investigation and yelling that anybody who even mildly disagree on anything is a russian plant ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I think im now 100% confused as to what the fuck is going on in this investigation. I guess that means all the twists and turns have worked on me... That was the idea right? Confuse people enough so they don't care anymore..

I'm also guessing this tactic isn't going to work on an organization who's job it is to defend America against this type of shit though. Someone will to down. The case is being made.
    TLDR Version:

1. Muller has unlimited scope to investigate.
    2. He seems to think Trump and most of his higher level staff were on the payroll of and actively colluding with foreign Governments.
    3. He's shown that at least Paul Manafort (and his bro Rick Gates) were acting as Foreign Agents, didn't disclose it, and didn't report their earnings (tax violation).
    4. He's bringing in everyone he can, making them testify on every possible meeting, conversation and document over a looooong period of time, so he can nail them for lying and use them via plea deal to against higher folks. i.e. Papadopolous, Gates, Flynn, van der Zwaan.
    5. He appears to now be after Roger Stone rather hard, and Stone's shadowy relationship with Wikileaks (i.e. the Russians, supposedly), and is using drunk depressed guy Nunberg (A Stone friend/ally/confidant) to get to him.

So not too confusing really.

At some point, someone is going to try and save their own ass, and to do it they'll say Trump knew all along, and this thing will reach a head with a prosecution of President Trump, if not by Muller, then by Congress after Muller reports his evidence.

But we're likely a loooooong way away from that date as yet, a goodly number fo underlings still need to get caught and flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I think im now 100% confused as to what the fuck is going on in this investigation. I guess that means all the twists and turns have worked on me... That was the idea right? Confuse people enough so they don't care anymore..

I'm also guessing this tactic isn't going to work on an organization who's job it is to defend America against this type of shit though. Someone will to down. The case is being made.
    TLDR Version:

2. He seems to think Trump and most of his higher level staff were on the payroll of and actively colluding with foreign Governments.
    3. He's shown that at least Paul Manafort (and his bro Rick Gates) were acting as Foreign Agents, didn't disclose it, and didn't report their earnings (tax violation).
    4. He's bringing in everyone he can, making them testify on every possible meeting, conversation and document over a looooong period of time, so he can nail them for lying and use them via plea deal to against higher folks. i.e. Papadopolous, Gates, Flynn, van der Zwaan.
    5. He appears to now be after Roger Stone rather hard, and Stone's shadowy relationship with Wikileaks (i.e. the Russians, supposedly), and is using drunk depressed guy Nunberg (A Stone friend/ally/confidant) to get to him.

At some point, someone is going to try and save their own ass, and to do it they'll say Trump knew all along, and this thing will reach a head with a prosecution of President Trump, if not by Muller, then by Congress after Muller reports his evidence.

But we're likely a loooooong way away from that date as yet, a goodly number fo underlings still need to get caught and flipped.
    Just for reference, Watergate took about 2 years to play out.
    meh

/r/politics is a circlejerk of anti-Trump. I don't like Trump. But /r/politics is so biased against anything Trump/GOP/Conservative.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    /r/politics is a circlejerk of anti-Trump. I don't like Trump. But /r/politics is so biased against anything Trump/GOP/Conservative.
    reality is biased against conservatives m8

Taibbi on point

also, i like how the gradually escalating teacher strike starting in West Virginia is apparently getting incredibly tepid coverage, you'd imagine that people striking for better working conditions and so forth would provoke a frothing rage from american media.
    Last edited by Liare; March 6 2018 at 04:40:46 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

TLDR Version:

Ahahaha "going to", that's a good one mate, perfect delivery and timing there.

At least 3, probably more of them have already flipped on Trump. Flynn, Padapapolous (or however it's spelled) and that other fellow who's name temporarily escapes me have all openly admitted that they're "co-operating" with the investigation. And they're the ones we know about. Pretty safe to bet that there are at least a couple of others. However, those guys are all smaller fish. That's not to say that they've not been able to provide powerful info, just that no one really cares all that much about them.

But I predict this: Mueller is well advanced in his preperations to turn Kushner (if he hasn't already) and when that happens and becomes known, shit will get real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

This is a natural reaction to all the even mildly pro-Trump people migrating en masse to their chosen safe space of /r/the_donald, mind.

When there's not any dissenting voices, the loudest anti-Trump voices become enboldened.

Not that I'm suggesting this is a bad thing, just explaining why.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

TLDR Version:

I thought that the bigger case on Trump isn't the collusion as such, but more so the obstruction of justice in the investigation of said collusion? If they'd gone along with things better we might have the current situation.

Unless there is real dirt to be dig out, in which case lol.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

TLDR Version:

I thought that the bigger case on Trump isn't the collusion as such, but more so the obstruction of justice in the investigation of said collusion? If they'd gone along with things better we might have the current situation.

If there was nothing to cover up i.e. no collusion, they're be nothing to obstruct over.

If I were a Democrat, I would certainly hope this isn't/wasn't a fishing-for-perjury-and-obstruction case, and that there is/was actual collusion/illegal actions that warranted the initial investigation.

The worst outcome for the American left is a couple of "Lied to FBI" guilty plea cases and a bagful of nothing on the core Trump Campaign/Administration people in terms of collusion/payola/influence peddling/lawbreaking in relation to the Russians and the election.

As I said, I think in time there will be some legit prosecutions that come out of this, not the petty shit so far (Flynn, for example). Manafort-level accusation and then some. Hard to see Manafort not doing some serious time if he is all that comes out of this and he doesn't turn state witness. It's like musical chairs, never be the last one without a seat (i.e. plea deal)

>But the US president also said America would levy tariffs in a "loving, loving way".
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    This is a natural reaction to all the even mildly pro-Trump people migrating en masse to their chosen safe space of /r/the_donald, mind.

When there's not any dissenting voices, the loudest anti-Trump voices become enboldened.

Yes, extreme polarisation is a bad thing. This is how you get two groups of loudmouth idiots and no actual discourse.

But then this is just how reddit operates.

Top economic advisor Gary cohn resigned. Lost the fight against trumps inane tariffs
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

Yes, extreme polarisation is a bad thing. This is how you get two groups of loudmouth idiots and no actual discourse.

But then this is just how reddit operates.
    I read it to see anti-Trump news gathered in one place, its pretty decent at being quick with the updates. Disregard or laugh at the comments, and its fine.

Now, during the Bernie-revolution, that was some unreadable shit.

TLDR Version:

If there was nothing to cover up i.e. no collusion, they're be nothing to obstruct over.

If I were a Democrat, I would certainly hope this isn't/wasn't a fishing-for-perjury-and-obstruction case, and that there is/was actual collusion/illegal actions that warranted the initial investigation.

The worst outcome for the American left is a couple of "Lied to FBI" guilty plea cases and a bagful of nothing on the core Trump Campaign/Administration people in terms of collusion/payola/influence peddling/lawbreaking in relation to the Russians and the election.

As I said, I think in time there will be some legit prosecutions that come out of this, not the petty shit so far (Flynn, for example). Manafort-level accusation and then some. Hard to see Manafort not doing some serious time if he is all that comes out of this and he doesn't turn state witness. It's like musical chairs, never be the last one without a seat (i.e. plea deal)
    It all being done in a relatively open and publicized manor is not lost on me at least. If you are going to put a sitting president in jail the political environment needs to be ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

TLDR Version:

Given that trump proudly claimed he is fighting back against the investigation on live TV, Mullers team doesn't even have to to prove intent (normally the hardest part of obstruction charges). Thanks to Trump already admitting to intent, any and all actions he has taken that impact negatively on the investigation are now obstruction. No fishing is required, they could push an obstruction charge right now if they wanted to.

They are clearly holding off for something more than that.

From an /r/politics post about Cohn's resignation:

From an email Cohn sent as featured in Fire and Fury:

"It’s worse than you can imagine. An idiot surrounded by clowns. Trump won’t read anything – not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored. And his staff is no better. Kushner is an entitled baby who knows nothing. Bannon is an arrogant prick who thinks he’s smarter than he is. Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits. No one will survive the first year but his family. I hate the work, but feel I need to stay because I’m the only person there with a clue what he’s doing. The reason so few jobs have been filled is that they only accept people who pass ridiculous purity tests, even for midlevel policy-making jobs where the people will never see the light of day.”
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve