hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2287 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 128717872187223722772284228522862287228822892290229723372387 ... LastLast
Results 45,721 to 45,740 of 49345

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Has he sufficiently incriminated anybody yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    These things take forever

Depends how drunk he gets on air
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Here's the thing: if you want to come at a republican president when there's also a republican majority in congress and the senate and the supreme court, you'd better make sure you've covered literally every possible angle 3 times over
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

New Yorker dumps a massive article on Steele, stating that Trump was in "illicit communications with Moscow during 2016".

According to an article by the Washington Post, that month the C.I.A. sent what the paper described as “an intelligence bombshell” to President Obama, warning him that Putin was directly involved in a Russian cyber campaign aimed at disrupting the Presidential election—and helping Trump win. Robert Hannigan, then the head of the U.K.’s intelligence service the G.C.H.Q., had recently flown to Washington and briefed the C.I.A.’s director, John Brennan, on a stream of illicit communications between Trump’s team and Moscow that had been intercepted. (The content of these intercepts has not become public.)
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-trump-dossier

I guess Nunberg meltdown (as well as assorted Russian whores) is probably an attempt to distract and discredit.

MSNBC portion of the interview:

https://www.msnbc.com/katy-tur/watch...-1177240643765

"Roger Stone did nothing wrong!"

The dude is scared shitless.

Edit: Sam Nunberg now says he'll comply with the Mueller subpoena.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

2nd edit: as of 21:15 Sam Nunberg says he will NOT comply with the subpoena.

Stay tuned as the his meds/booze wear off.
    Last edited by Don Rumata; March 6 2018 at 02:12:16 AM.

these num-burgers scenes are just

As an aside,

Last edited by Sparq; March 6 2018 at 04:12:07 AM.

Top-quality insight on the Nunberg situation from /r/politics:

Speaking as a high-functioning alcoholic who is currently pretty drunk, I can tell you that some people in this position end up in a weird space of hyper-clarity when it comes to expression. I've had friends tell me that they grew worried about me on particular nights because all of my texts suddenly became grammatically and orthographically impeccable. It was obvious that I was trying way too hard.

A lot of the same pieces fall into place with Nunberg. While the actual things he's saying are relatively clear once he gets around to saying them, there's this constant repetition and roundabout-ness that seems really telling. He has like five very clear stock answers he's prepared to give to anything he's asked unless he loses his focus, and there were a number of telling moments in the Burnett interview tonight that showed him falling off in this regard. While he was mostly able to use something like this: "that's a great question, and my answer is related to it, and it comes from a similar place, and it's a bit different, but what about Hillary Clinton and her e-mails" - there were times when he clearly lost his focus and started blabbering about other things. Key items like accusing Lewandoswki and Hicks of "colluding" (how? with whom?), claiming that people were having affairs and stealing from the campaign, etc. It was only with titanic effort that he brought himself back to the four or five main points he was determined to repeat.

When Burnett accused him straight-up of being drunk, he insisted that he wasn't and that he hadn't indulged in any substances at all that day apart from his anti-depressants. This is not a non-sequitur. As I know from personal experience and continued practice, one of the go-to deflection points for alcoholics being called on their shit is to point to their depression and get people talking about that instead of the substances they're abusing and the harm they're doing ("I wasn't abusing you! I was actually the victim myself!").

Alcoholism and depression are very often linked, and people saying these things are often telling the truth, but it's not worth viewing it as exculpatory when they're currently conducting an eight-hour campaign of self-destruction on national television. "I'm sorry I'm depressed!" is what I've shouted at people who don't want to handle my shit anymore, or who've shot down my attempts to ask them out. It's true, but it doesn't matter. It's not a good enough reason. Using it to try to get out of the looming implications of multiple conspiracies being discovered is way, way less convincing even than that.

Sam Nunberg is riding right on the line of 1) a feeling of angry invincibility and 2) the total collapse of this feeling within the next couple of hours. It is not going to be pretty. Whatever troubled sleep he's enjoying right now will probably end really abruptly around 4AM or so as he wakes up and wonders how he got where he is. His tongue is going to feel like cardboard. He may stroke it with his finger and think for the hundredth time that this feels like a dead thing and that he can't really believe it. He is going to desperately want water. And he is going to keep lying in bed, maybe still fully clothed and with the lights still on, not doing anything to get that water or make anything better because it's just easier to dwell in the sleep-haze uncertainty of it all. Actual consciousness and conscience will reassert themselves in time, though, and after a perfunctory trip to the bathroom to shove handfuls of water into his mouth he will return to his bed in the certain knowledge that a) he has done something terrible and b) the two or three hours of sleep he can now get after this revival will not be anything like sufficient. His entire immediate future is going to be a nightmare endured in the aftermath of what feels like a physical beating. This is how his tomorrow begins.

You may think that I'm writing this from a position of empathy, but nope - fuck this racist idiot and all his works. I hope his day begins in misery and ends in chains, and I hope it spells the destruction of all the awful people he's worked to support.

There's a lot of alcoholics on reddit.

r/politics is a festering dung pile, even the worst on here would probably be too close to the sanity limit for r/politics.

How reddit lets them go on with letting them call themselves 'politics' is beyond me but reddit does seem a bit too casual in some areas.

So what happened with that guy today? He went from refusing to cooperate and saying that Trump did nothing wrong to saying Trump is fucked and he's cooperating?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    So what happened with that guy today? He went from refusing to cooperate and saying that Trump did nothing wrong to saying Trump is fucked and he's cooperating?
    Sobered up. Looked at his messages from last night. >OhgodwhathaveIdone<

Link?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    r/politics is a festering dung pile, even the worst on here would probably be too close to the sanity limit for r/politics.

How reddit lets them go on with letting them call themselves 'politics' is beyond me but reddit does seem a bit too casual in some areas.
    bit too lefty for you?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

bit too lefty for you?
    It's about half a goose step left of Meester so in his mind it's basically Leninism.

I think im now 100% confused as to what the fuck is going on in this investigation. I guess that means all the twists and turns have worked on me... That was the idea right? Confuse people enough so they don't care anymore..

I'm also guessing this tactic isn't going to work on an organization who's job it is to defend America against this type of shit though. Someone will to down. The case is being made.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I think im now 100% confused as to what the fuck is going on in this investigation.
    I quick recap of last night's episode (brought to you by Jack Daniels and Xanax (consult a physician before taking your medication, do not drink or operate heavy machinery).

- Our hero made one surprise claim that his adopted father was a Roger Stone -- and he defended Stone by saying that Stone would never talk to Assange. In a surprise twist, Stone was literally at the Ecuadorian embassy during that statement and Assange tweeted a picture of him (https://twitter.com/julianassange/st...120594944?s=21)

- Our hero said it was stupid for Trump after firing Comey to go on TV and admit to wrong-doing.The hero had also the insight that Trump did something wrong during the campaign.

- Our hero repeatedly said that he did not want to spend 30/40/80 hours going over his emails. Our hero also made those statements over the period of about 12 hours.

- The episode ended with a cliffhanger, where our hero asked a former federal prosecutor "I'm not going to go to jail, you really think I'm going to jail?" and she responded with a shrug.
    Last edited by Don Rumata; March 6 2018 at 01:45:26 PM.

The low information voter version.

That said, coming from you, tells me its a sub worth reading.

Subscribed.