hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2273 of 2843 FirstFirst ... 1273177321732223226322702271227222732274227522762283232323732773 ... LastLast
Results 45,441 to 45,460 of 56859

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

god I love centrist memes
    So you are saying we should gas the jews who are overly represented in the top tiers of media and business in order to promote equality?
    Please stop with the jewish non-jokes. I'm half jewish and while it's the internet and you have your little hate boner for "jews" or whatever, I honestly find it offensive.
    I am three quarter jewish and find them funny. Same as nigga stole my bike stuff etc.
    There is no such thing as being 3/4 jew. Im sorry you can go past the jail but wont collect a bribe.

ffs beaten by the autist german .......ok what he said above.

fucking gentrified gentiles

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    everyone but my mum's father is a 100% russian jew, happy now?

So you're a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    So you're a Jew.
    In all but lighting menoras/celebrating hanukas, having a cut benis and being rich, yes.

MEANWHILE.
    A great article on whats happening in Pennsylvania.
    https://www.wired.com/story/pennsylv...ering-experts/
    Warshaw doesn’t try to prove that gerrymandering created that partisanship in Congress. His point is merely that in Pennsylvania, where more Democratic votes are wasted, it becomes almost impossible for Democrats to see issues they support turn into federal policy. This degrades trust in government and in elections.

“Representative democracy should be largely responsive to what voters want, and if it’s not, it calls into question democratic bona fides,” says Warshaw. In societies where elections shut one entire subset out of power, he says, “all kinds of bad things can happen.”

“Ultimately, people think why are we even having elections?” Warshaw says. "There’s nothing inevitable about democracy.”

Politico's summary of the situation here:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-356522
    Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court ruled last month that Republicans allegedly gerrymandered districts to their partisan advantage, a violation of the commonwealth’s constitution. Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf and GOP legislative leaders failed to agree on a new congressional map, triggering the state Supreme Court to use its own map.

So far, Pennsylvania Republicans have argued that the state Supreme Court is infringing on the legislature’s power to draw congressional maps.

“Implementation of this map would create a constitutional crisis where the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is usurping the authority of the Legislative and Executive branches,” state Senate President Pro Tempore Joe Scarnati and state House Speaker Mike Turzai said in a joint statement released Monday. “This map illustrates that the definition of fair is simply code for a desire to elect more Democrats.”

But legal experts said the U.S. Supreme Court has broadly interpreted the definition of a legislature in the Elections Clause of the U.S. Constitution, including a 2015 case in Arizona, which allowed an independent commission to draw the lines, instead of the state Legislature.

Since 2011, in addition to Pennsylvania, 11 other states are using congressional district lines drawn in total or in part by a state or federal court.

Scott Gessler, a former Republican secretary of state in Colorado, acknowledged that the GOP’s effort in Pennsylvania is an “uphill battle.”
    It's a shame it's required the courts to do this, but I think, along with poorly regulated news media, is one of the fundamental problems with US democracy. Solving gerrymandering actually makes me more hopeful for the long term future of *humanity*.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Solving gerrymandering actually makes me more hopeful for the long term future of *humanity*.
    Only because the yanks have nukes.

Otherwise we wouldn't care so much whether you've decided to be a developed country or not.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    We're going to start naming schools Uterus Elementary, Cervix High School, and Hairy Muff Daycare so Republicans care about the dead kids inside.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    We're going to start naming schools Uterus Elementary, Cervix High School, and Hairy Muff Daycare so Republicans care about the dead kids inside.
    That's not bad 4u.

The Don was doing so well with the shooting in the schools.. He was saying the right things, showing leadership and generally handling the situation uncharacteristically well. That was up until he had a fucking stoke or something and said this: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-2...otings/9473282
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    The Don was doing so well with the shooting in the schools.. He was saying the right things, showing leadership and generally handling the situation uncharacteristically well. That was up until he had a fucking stoke or something and said this: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-2...otings/9473282
    I hate to tell you, but nearly half 'Muricans agree with that. 2/3 of my shop does (I am the one that doesn't), and my gf. 'Muricans be crazy, yo
    Last edited by Dorvil Barranis; February 22 2018 at 05:46:12 AM.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Clearly nobody in your shop are teachers. Most teachers I know think arming teachers will increase the number of school shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Clearly nobody in your shop are teachers. Most teachers I know think arming teachers will increase the number of school shootings
    Teachers are 1% of muricans at best though? Clearly the 49% know better how to provide pupils safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Tiny hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Tiny hands.
    What's the significance of the number 45 on his shirt? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I hate to tell you, but nearly half 'Muricans agree with that. 2/3 of my shop does (I am the one that doesn't), and my gf. 'Muricans be crazy, yo
    I hate to tell you, but half 'Muricans, and 2/3 of your shop are retards. So is your gf apparently.

Given how trigger happy the police is in the US, I'd hate to be the teacher with a gun in his hand when the SWAT team bursts in. I suspect 2/3 of teachers think the same way.

And how about this: "Ohh, you want to be a teacher in this school [for a shit salary], well, let's enroll you in gun training then!"

The whole idea is absolutely retarded ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    What's the significance of the number 45 on his shirt? Anyone?
    He's the 45th POTUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

He's the 45th president. He had custom shirts and even a cap made with it embroidered upon it. Ego stuff v0v

The amount of training police and military get to safely handle guns in a high-stress situation, to know the ROEs by heart, on identifying threats in situations with limited distinction between hostiles and bystanders. It's a terrible idea really.