hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2585 of 2585 FirstFirst ... 158520852485253525752582258325842585
Results 51,681 to 51,683 of 51683

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Spot the German.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Look, I know this statement gets twisted here to be Trump-love (FHC, lol), but if he did break the LAw, I want to see him prosecuted for it.

And endless investigation that doesn't result in that, and snags some side shit like Manfort and a few Ruskies that will never face justice, is meh.

You folks have bought in hard, like the Anti-Clinton folks before you, that this is in the bag, a sure thing, no way it ends but in Trump being hogtied and carried out of the White House.

Ok, great. Lets see it.

In before "we only need another (checks when midterms are) year or so, after all Watergate took some amount of time, so..."

Again, great. Lets get it done ffs. The sooner he's out, the better for the world. Stop pissing about and get it done.
    If I wanted the investigation to fail, this is exactly how I would word my argument.

Short of Trump trying to pull a Nixon, the only real thing that could kill this investigation is rushing it.
    Sorry you feel that way.

I don't want the investigation to fail. But I would like it to speed up and take Trump out of office if there is in fact something to take him down on.

The majority of posts here are all what I'd expect from purely political partisans: i.e. very happy to see the investigation last the entire length of the Republican Administration's term if possible, as it directly serves the political interests of the party you support (at worst) in the Mid-terms or eventually takes Trump or other high-rankers down just in time for the next Presidential election (at best), ensuring a Democrat wins.

I would offer that if you cannot understand why someone might prefer the investigation to be successfully over sooner (1) and result in a conviction of the President (2) if warranted, you may in fact be too partisan yourself to be objective about what is best for the Country, as opposed to the political party you favor.

I don't see an argument that a 4 year cloud of controversy and investigation over the Administration is what the County needs most.

What's best for the U.S. is it to be over, successfully concluded and presented to the people, ramifications inflicted as appropriate, and then moving on so whomever is in charge of the Administration going forward can focus on the Nations business.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
      Spoiler:

That's a joke, right? I mean, that really must be a joke, right?

Because 1963, young Soviet soldier = Putin doesn't compute, given Putin's birth date: Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin born 7 October 1952
    Of course it's all bullshit.

I wouldn't call it a "joke", just bullshit start to finish.