hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2506 of 2655 FirstFirst ... 150620062406245624962503250425052506250725082509251625562606 ... LastLast
Results 50,101 to 50,120 of 53090

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Let's discuss another anti Donald CNN article

They're just fishing for clicks
    They do get them though.. I would like to know if Fox is covering this lawsuit at all. It's not insignificant to have 17 states suing the president.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Just admit you would let him fuck you and your whole family to death of it meant he'd caress you with his fat flabby limbs.

Dunno you're the one inflating your speeding ticket in town by saying you went 70 to seem a cooler rebel. Dunno who's fishing for attention more.

lolUSA infrastructure

“We realize that not everybody can take a six-week vacation, but if you can take some time off, you at least avoid part of the nightmare,” says Kimberly Dinwiddie, the community affairs coordinator at ODOT.
    https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/...august-commute

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    lolUSA infrastructure

“We realize that not everybody can take a six-week vacation, but if you can take some time off, you at least avoid part of the nightmare,” says Kimberly Dinwiddie, the community affairs coordinator at ODOT.
    https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/...august-commute
    That's hardly fair. Large maintenance works wreaks havoc in all parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

They do get them though.. I would like to know if Fox is covering this lawsuit at all. It's not insignificant to have 17 states suing the president.
    We were just discussing how the "media" reports and makes up "news" about every tweet and every word he says which in the end is a bad thing. And that's what I'm talking about you cant just make up news about every single thing Donald John says. I'm tired of reading the same bullshit over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Dunno you're the one inflating your speeding ticket in town by saying you went 70 to seem a cooler rebel. Dunno who's fishing for attention more.
    If you would have ever driven a car you would know that speedometers in cars lie a bit...

We were just discussing how the "media" reports and makes up "news" about every tweet and every word he says which in the end is a bad thing. And that's what I'm talking about you cant just make up news about every single thing Donald John says. I'm tired of reading the same bullshit over and over and over again.
    Your quotes around the word media betray you.. You can't argue they aren't media, or even a news channel, just because they are bias. If you start doing that then the US has absolutely no media at all. CNN is as bias against Trump as Fox is towards him (depending on the story it might be more or less). Its sad that it's gotten like that but the viewers don't value an unbias media, and you gotta make money to stay in business.

viewers don't value an unbias media, and you gotta make money to stay in business.
    There is no such thing as unbiased media, it literally cannot exist. No, this doesn't mean it's all equally biased, but it's still funny that this 'meme' is still a thing.

Accept that, learn the bias, then work from where.
    Last edited by Isyel; July 7 2018 at 01:42:02 PM.

viewers don't value an unbias media, and you gotta make money to stay in business.
    There is no such thing as unbiased media, it literally cannot exist. No, this doesn't mean it's all equally biased, but it's still funny that this 'meme' is still a thing.

Perhaps not, but there's a massive fucking gulf between an outlet actively trying to be unbiased in it's content and the rest of the shitters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

Perhaps not, but there's a massive fucking gulf between an outlet actively trying to be unbiased in it's content and the rest of the shitters.
    Yeah, they're likely being hypocrites trying to get gullible people to actually believe it.

One person's unbiased outlook is another's heavy x or y bias.

I would argue there can be unbiased news media if you accept individual stories can be bias. There would be nothing stopping 'super mega unbiased news!' from running both pro and anti Trump articles at the same time, except that they would hold no viewers because the pro trump people wouldn't want to see anti trump news, and anti trump people would want to see pro trump news. If people actually cared about getting unbiased full news stories then such an organisation would exist.

I would also argue the opposite. You can have a media organisation with lots of neutral POV articles, but be partisan with which stories are covered and which are not.

My lines in the sand are media companies that

* misrepresent the facts, and/or
    * mix facts and opinion in the same article/news session etc.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    I would also argue the opposite. You can have a media organisation with lots of neutral POV articles, but be partisan with which stories are covered and which are not.

My lines in the sand are media companies that

* misrepresent the facts, and/or
    * mix facts and opinion in the same article/news session etc.
    That's still inherently biased in some way due to the basic nature of people writing it though. Which topics are covered, which are given precedence or prominence, which facts are omitted, who is writing it, what words and phrases are chosen, hell, even the way it's formatted to bring your attention to some things over others.

Striving for a more neutral view is indeed laudable and should be done, and some do more than others, but much like science where the observer effects what's being observed in media it's all through the prisms of many people involved in a publication who will inevitably start sharing some aspects or others.

All I'm saying that endlessly decrying how "unbiased media" doesn't exist because people don't want it so it's all shit and worthless is entirely futile, as it can't.

There are better publications and worse ones, definitely, but in the end it's up to you to learn what any of them are about and learn what you can from them. Some extremely biased publications are still entirely worth learning from once you know where the bias lies. Stuff like The Economist comes to mind, as we've had this discussion before.

That said, those two points you raise as lines in the sand are p good overall guidelines, yeah.

Pruitt quits due to "relentless attacks" (sure, thats why).
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44733072

So...a small hope for the environment/environmental questions? Though I guess the guy taking over is about 100% the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I read New Guy was a coal lobbyist so...

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Trump's coal obsession is hilarious. And weird. I mean top marks and all that for cementing US industrial decline, but it's not even that important an industrial sector.

All I can think of at this stage is that he's internalised the idea that he has to keep Pennsylvania/West Virginia on side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Trump's coal obsession is hilarious. And weird. I mean top marks and all that for cementing US industrial decline, but it's not even that important an industrial sector.

All I can think of at this stage is that he's internalised the idea that he has to keep Pennsylvania/West Virginia on side.
    It’s 50k people. We’re actively destroying our environmental protections so 50k people can benefit.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

It’s 50k people. We’re actively destroying our environmental protections so 50k people can benefit.
    For bonus points, guess how many US people are employed in Solar industry jobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

400k+ ?

I've read that green energy could eventually create several million jobs.

This is why its hard not to get mad at liberals/environmentalists for being so stupid. They had the perfect way to pitch this, but for decades they allowed conservatives to control the narrative.

"This will be terrible for our economy!"

"Yeah but what matters is our planet"