hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2472 of 2652 FirstFirst ... 147219722372242224622469247024712472247324742475248225222572 ... LastLast
Results 49,421 to 49,440 of 53040

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Trump staffers can't even get served at some restaurants.

It's cute how offended they get when the same rules are applied to them eh.
    I'm not sure you understand what the cake case was about. Be offended, boycott, do whatever you want short of violence. Do not ask government to be your daddy and force people to play nice.
    I'm pretty sure that has absolutely nothing to do with what the Supreme Court ruling was about. You do know it is illegal for a restaurant to refuse to serve blacks, right?

Edit for bonus content:

Quote Originally Posted by Justice Anthony Kennedy
    The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market.
    What this means, in short, is that the Supreme Court has punted on the broader issues involved, narrowing its ruling to the specific circumstances of this individual case, and that what it said should not be interpreted as giving other businesses carte blanche to do what Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, did.
    https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...e-baker-ruling
    Last edited by Dorvil Barranis; June 24 2018 at 01:19:54 AM.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

I'm not sure you understand what the cake case was about. Be offended, boycott, do whatever you want short of violence. Do not ask government to be your daddy and force people to play nice.
    I'm pretty sure that has absolutely nothing to do with what the Supreme Court ruling was about. You do know it is illegal for a restaurant to refuse to serve blacks, right?
    For now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Donor

Edit for bonus content:

Quote Originally Posted by Justice Anthony Kennedy
    The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market.
    What this means, in short, is that the Supreme Court has punted on the broader issues involved, narrowing its ruling to the specific circumstances of this individual case, and that what it said should not be interpreted as giving other businesses carte blanche to do what Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, did.
    https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...e-baker-ruling
    Did the restaurant refuse to serve whites or refuse to serve her? Did the cake shop refuse to sell them a cake or refuse to make them a custom cake?

I think you know the answers to both of those questions, but not sure what your point is?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Donor
    I think you know the answers to both of those questions, but not sure what your point is?
    I guess that's the crux of the issue. Discrimination according to race color and creed is punishable but forcing someone to do something they don't agree with is unethical. Can they go there and buy whatever they have on display and do what they want with it yes, can they force them to make something they don't want to for whatever reason no.

Discrimination on the basis of political ideology is 100% legal.

End of story.

I guess that's the crux of the issue. Discrimination according to race color and creed is punishable but forcing someone to do something they don't agree with is unethical. Can they go there and buy whatever they have on display and do what they want with it yes, can they force them to make something they don't want to for whatever reason no.
    Discrimination for being a cunt you disagree with on the basis of their own choice to be and support a cunt is most definitely fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Discrimination on the basis of political ideology is 100% legal.

End of story.
    Or as I best saw it described on Twitter,

Also, it's literally the country you fucks want to build and have been building, fucking rich blaming it on other people now.

From the article about staffers dating :

Ultimately, staffers say the allure of a White House or administration gig and the power and access that come with it means they retain some social appeal.

One Trump staffer told Politico, "At the end of the day, if they are part of the establishment and living in D.C., they usually want or need something from the White House, which can be kind of nice."
    Does this mean what I think it means ?
    Dating a lobbyist sounds like the basis for a healthy relationship amirite?

Jump back to the whole 'whites reporting blacks to police for the crime of being black',

Weed for dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Jump back to the whole 'whites reporting blacks to police for the crime of being black',

disgusting country

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    that's what happens when your entire police system is designed to fuck non-whites

I heard poor whites and the police have doog tiems together in the US, c/d?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    if you think poor whites and poor blacks have the same experiences with law enforcement then you need your head checked

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    if you think poor whites and poor blacks have the same experiences with law enforcement then you need your head checked
    Subject matter expert on the topic, are you?

I'd wager you know piss all about how either white or black people get treated in the States beyond what you read online.

Keckers is quite right, the very worst thing you can be in the U.S. is poor (and especially poor and uneducated), of any shade.

On the vid, short and likely leaves out alot, but if the claim is as put forth, the neighbor gal is a typical shitty meddling neighbor. Happens all the time, only when it's white on white, no one posts it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    Weed for dogs?
    idk, Must be an SF hipster thing. We just have normal weed in the south bay.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Subject matter expert on the topic, are you?

I'd wager you know piss all about how either white or black people get treated in the States beyond what you read online.

Keckers is quite right, the very worst thing you can be in the U.S. is poor (and especially poor and uneducated), of any shade.

On the vid, short and likely leaves out alot, but if the claim is as put forth, the neighbor gal is a typical shitty meddling neighbor. Happens all the time, only when it's white on white, no one posts it here.
    WON'T SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE WHITE PEOPLE

ALL LIVES MATTER

predictable af

What could possibly left out that makes calling the cops on a little girl selling water on the side of the road, OK? Hypothetically, what would make that phone call OK?
    nevar forget