hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2470 of 2525 FirstFirst ... 14701970237024202460246724682469247024712472247324802520 ... LastLast
Results 49,381 to 49,400 of 50491

Thread: USA Politics Thread

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    It's almost like Wikileaks are a Russian shitstirring operation

Remember that time when russians tried to organize a brawl in texas by runing two opposing facebook groups? Good times.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russi...g-2017-11?IR=T

Looks like the only soy-boy cucks are his base:

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Remember that time when russians tried to organize a brawl in texas by runing two opposing facebook groups? Good times.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russi...g-2017-11?IR=T
    Gotta keep practicing this social engineering...
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    European Union counter tariffs went into effect today. And Trump is now threathening to put a 20% tariff on imported Cars "IF" EU don't withdraw the counter sanctions.

Wow the retardation is real, burn those bridges some more....

FT is paywalled.

That said, IIRC almost all cars sold in the US are also built there? God he is retarded.

I would love to watch when someone tells him.
    Not true with euromobiles. Unless you count legacy companies like Chrysler (RIP soon™) Dodge and Jeep.

edit: However, none of that matters. US auto makers are actually significantly global in their development and production. The reverberations from this will be interesting to watch from an economics point of view. I don't think Trumpkins quite understand what shaking this tree is likely to do.

On the plus side I work for a rather large diverse global company and I'll have somewhere to go if Trump manages to collapse the auto market.
    Last edited by Tellenta; June 23 2018 at 12:43:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    European Union counter tariffs went into effect today. And Trump is now threathening to put a 20% tariff on imported Cars "IF" EU don't withdraw the counter sanctions.

FT is paywalled.

That said, IIRC almost all cars sold in the US are also built there? God he is retarded.

Not true with euromobiles. Unless you count legacy companies like Chrysler (RIP soon™) Dodge and Jeep.

edit: However, none of that matters. US auto makers are actually significantly global in their development and production. The reverberations from this will be interesting to watch from an economics point of view. I don't think Trumpkins quite understand what shaking this tree is likely to do.

On the plus side I work for a rather large diverse global company and I'll have somewhere to go if Trump manages to collapse the auto market.
    Huh? Did VW, BMW and Merc shutter their US plants?

No they didn't.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    xeno doing a heel turn and defending secret police involved in human rights abuses nonshocker

FT is paywalled.

No they didn't.
    The Merc plant, as an example, builds C class (by far the most numerous) and a couple of the high end SUVs, not all models, so a lot of them are still imported. I suspect that the other plants are similar. The Big BMW plant in South Africa, for example, I know at one point was building all the 325s being shipped to the US.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    xeno doing a heel turn and defending secret police involved in human rights abuses nonshocker
    Both the human rights abuses and wikileaks being Russian trolls can be true at the same time. It's not a binary choice.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

FT is paywalled.

No they didn't.
    The Merc plant, as an example, builds C class (by far the most numerous) and a couple of the high end SUVs, not all models, so a lot of them are still imported. I suspect that the other plants are similar. The Big BMW plant in South Africa, for example, I know at one point was building all the 325s being shipped to the US.
    Yet the majority of the cars sold in the US are also built there. The VW plant builds the Jetta and Passat, which lead sales in the US. BMW builds SUVs (globally the only plant to do so for BMW). The cars built there are what sells in the US way better than the rest combined. My point still stands, Trump has no idea and his argument is invalid.
    nevar forget

FT is paywalled.

No they didn't.
    Yet the majority of the cars sold in the US are also built there. The VW plant builds the Jetta and Passat, which lead sales in the US. BMW builds SUVs (globally the only plant to do so for BMW). The cars built there are what sells in the US way better than the rest combined. My point still stands, Trump has no idea and his argument is invalid.
    No disagreement with your point.
    meh

Donor

FT is paywalled.

No they didn't.
    Are you talking assembly or manufacturing? There is a difference and from discussions with OEMs I've been lead to believe their efforts are largely assembly. This could change in the future maybe shipping costs is shipping costs after all. Though China will probably remain king daddy of the electronics manufacturing.

edit: car seats seem to be a local phenomenon for sure. There is a subtle difference in feel and quality when dealing with a seat from the Americas, Euroland, Asia and Africa.
    Last edited by Tellenta; June 23 2018 at 02:14:12 PM.

FT is paywalled.

No they didn't.
    Are you talking assembly or manufacturing? There is a difference and from discussions with OEMs I've been lead to believe their efforts are largely assembly. This could change in the future maybe shipping costs is shipping costs after all. Though China will probably remain king daddy of the electronics manufacturing.

edit: car seats seem to be a local phenomenon for sure. There is a subtle difference in feel and quality when dealing with a seat from the Americas, Euroland, Asia and Africa.
    Make a guess? It's all assembly nowadays, because most parts are produced by medium sized (and two large ones) companies anyway.

Or can you name any other maker of fuel injection pumps than Bosch? (just an example)
    nevar forget

Donor

FT is paywalled.

No they didn't.

Make a guess? It's all assembly nowadays, because most parts are produced by medium sized (and two large ones) companies anyway.

Or can you name any other maker of fuel injection pumps than Bosch? (just an example)
    I can, but I'd be cheating as I've tested about 20 fuel pumps from 5 different manufacturers developed for essentially every auto company this year. Don't even talk to me about headlights, that is one hell of a competitive market.

Heh, Fair point. But five companies is still a small market if you're honest.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Their parents should have thought about it before they got caught

Quit whining
    Yeah, fuck those children!

You disgusting cunt.
    Obongo was literally doing the same thing but he was a democrat and they're really the best guys who dont make mistakes right?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Obongo was literally doing the same thing but he was a democrat and they're really the best guys who dont make mistakes right?
    (citation needed)

edit: ah fuck, wasted my 9000th on a smarn post
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Their parents should have thought about it before they got caught

Quit whining
    Yeah, fuck those children!

You disgusting cunt.
    No he wasn't you shit gobbling oxygen thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    (citation needed)

edit: ah fuck, wasted my 9000th on a smarn post
    It's all about the 9001st