hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2357 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 1357185722572307234723542355235623572358235923602367240724572857 ... LastLast
Results 47,121 to 47,140 of 60410

Thread: US Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I'm beginning to suspect our mps aren't entirely dedicating their lives to service of the people...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

also, this is us politics thread, not limey thread
    Didn't you get the memo? We achieved thread singularity. Every topic is about everything.

This topic is now about superiority of the German voting system: we have a mixed voting system, you get two votes, one to determine the proportional makeup of the parliament, one to vote for your local MP in a fptp election mode. If the proportional makeup and the number of directly elected MPs differ, then seats are added to keep all directly elected MPs and the proportional makeup.

Spoiler:

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

No mentioning of the superior central voter registry 6/10 poor Form

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Well I need ammo for follow up posts to keep people triggered posting.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I'm beginning to suspect our mps aren't entirely dedicating their lives to service of the people...

Fuck off you pony cunt if i want to expand the discussion in a relevant way to the topic at hand then i fucking will. If you dont want to read it, hold your fucking "waa wrong thread according to me" posting, log the fuck off and go take a looooooong trip to somewhere where i do modify my posting because of your personal regulations. Probably a place that doesnt exist, and the only way to get there is to be dead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Well I need ammo for follow up posts to keep people triggered posting.
    Doesn't sound very free.

We only want that when we want to make it hard for black people to vote
    meh

Fuck off you pony cunt if i want to expand the discussion in a relevant way to the topic at hand then i fucking will. If you dont want to read it, hold your fucking "waa wrong thread according to me" posting, log the fuck off and go take a looooooong trip to somewhere where i do modify my posting because of your personal regulations. Probably a place that doesnt exist, and the only way to get there is to be dead though.
    wewlad have a cup of tea mate

You tell him boy!

Nordstern is an absolute nothing poster. A poster child for Generation-Retard . A generation that will be the first to die younger than its forefathers due to all being disgustingly obese autistic pony faggots. Some things were a mistake. Nordstern certainly is one of those things.

Now that was a post going too far off topic you fucking belm

Didn't you get the memo? We achieved thread singularity. Every topic is about everything.

This topic is now about superiority of the German voting system: we have a mixed voting system, you get two votes, one to determine the proportional makeup of the parliament, one to vote for your local MP in a fptp election mode. If the proportional makeup and the number of directly elected MPs differ, then seats are added to keep all directly elected MPs and the proportional makeup.

Spoiler:

Tapapapatalk
    Well yeah, but in an ironic/paradox twist of events (more parties making it into the parliament), due to the stereotypical German longing for safety/continuity, we've reached a point where lessfewer different coalitions form the government. Especially with the rise of the AfD (and the SPD's stubborness in regards forming coalitions with Die Linke), it seems that it doesn't matter what the election's outcome is - we will end up with a Union/SPD coalition regardless.

(Many thanks to the fine gentleman below correcting me)
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; April 19 2018 at 03:26:06 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Spoiler:

Tapapapatalk
    Well yeah, but in an ironic/paradox twist of events (more parties making it into the parliament), due to the stereotypical German longing for safety/continuity, we've reached a point where less different coalitions form the government. Especially with the rise of the AfD (and the SPD's stubborness in regards forming coalitions with Die Linke), it seems that it doesn't matter what the election's outcome is - we will end up with a Union/SPD coalition regardless.
    "Fewer" — Stannis Baratheon, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Lord of Dragonstone, Lord of Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, Father of the Year, and Lord of Correcting Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I (who FHC has branded as far right) didn't vote for Trump either, and I can say with certainty I NEVER would in any imaginable scenario.
    Yeah they'll do that. They have brought us together.

Truly remarkable.
    Crazy world some days.

Although in fairness to them, I devil's advocate for the right (or at the least try to explain them to the best of my limited ability) quite a bit. And while I am exceedingly socially liberal, I do lean fiscally and legally conservative (although some of that is, in fact, changing over time).

I imagine for our many Euros, from a Euro-poli-sci perspective, that combo can look Right-wing by their standards.

But I've never been "his" type of Conservative/Libertarian.
    I'm the kind of conservative who votes green and could never have foreseen being considered anything but on the left. This is a crazy world.
    I married a Grateful Dead loving, pot-smoking PETA-member Animal Right Activist. I'm a lifelong outdoorsperson, an environmentalist, with a material distrust of corporations AND government generally, and a huge supporter of liberal social policy (i.e. don't tell people what they have to do for their own good, free people are free to fuck up or make bad choices). When I've voted in my life, it been damn near exclusively third party (in fairness, mostly libertarian).

I wish for a day where a party exists who will represent social libertarianism and a thoughtful fiscal conservativism (as I define it) supporting a strong, efficient and well-run social safety net of policy programs.

I don't know what that makes me anymore tbqh. What label best fits....

In any event, with the mid-terms looming, my vote this cycle will almost assuredly be going to the Democrats, despite my misgivings on a number of their ways of doing business (like the endless racism/sexism accusations aimed at near on anyone who disagrees on anything it seems some days).

There is still no comparison today them vs. Trumpian Republicanism.

I can only speak to mine, in Virginia, with a large individual base of Republican, Christian voters with which I interact.
    I have virtually zero exposure to religious people. Never have. Shitting on Christians in chat rooms as a youth was a common past time back in the day.

Lets suppose Chick-Fil-A is using themselves as a pulpit for Christian values. If the New Yorker or whatever left leaning outlet wants to shit on them for that I'd be fine with it... if they also gave the same treatment to any other openly religious restaurant chains around doing the same thing. They'd never do that though. Imagine the reaction if they'd written that exact same piece about a shawarma place.
    Lol, that's rather funny as I spent a goodly portion of my early online life doing nothing but debating right-wing-religious types and driving them utterly nuts.

It wasn't till I got here to FHC that I was labeled right-wing.

I have much experience with the religious both due to family (the usual moderate but socially conservative'ish anti-abortion Catholic type on both sides of the family) and with a rather large population of "Christians" in my local area. You tend to interact with these folks rather often just living here, working here, having friends here, etc.

When I discuss these folks, I generally draw on my own experiences and conversations with them.
    Last edited by Alistair; April 19 2018 at 02:23:50 PM.

Thanks for the script to your fucking video dating slot mate!

I (who FHC has branded as far right) didn't vote for Trump either, and I can say with certainty I NEVER would in any imaginable scenario.
    Yeah they'll do that. They have brought us together.

Truly remarkable.
    Crazy world some days.

Although in fairness to them, I devil's advocate for the right (or at the least try to explain them to the best of my limited ability) quite a bit. And while I am exceedingly socially liberal, I do lean fiscally and legally conservative (although some of that is, in fact, changing over time).

I imagine for our many Euros, from a Euro-poli-sci perspective, that combo can look Right-wing by their standards.

But I've never been "his" type of Conservative/Libertarian.
    I'm the kind of conservative who votes green and could never have foreseen being considered anything but on the left. This is a crazy world.
    I married a Grateful Dead loving, pot-smoking PETA-member Animal Right Activist. I'm a lifelong outdoorsperson, an environmentalist, with a material distrust of corporations AND government generally, and a huge supporter of liberal social policy (i.e. don't tell people what they have to do for their own good, free people are free to fuck up or make bad choices). When I've voted in my life, it been damn near exclusively third party (in fairness, mostly libertarian).

I wish for a day where a party exists who will represent social libertarianism and a thoughtful fiscal conservativism (as I define it) supporting a strong, efficient and well-run social safety net of policy programs.

I don't know what that makes me anymore tbqh. What label best fits....

In any event, with the mid-terms looming, my vote this cycle will almost assuredly be going to the Democrats, despite my misgivings on a number of their ways of doing business (like the endless racism/sexism accusations aimed at near on anyone who disagrees on anything it seems some days).

There is still no comparison today them vs. Trumpian Republicanism.

I can only speak to mine, in Virginia, with a large individual base of Republican, Christian voters with which I interact.
    I have virtually zero exposure to religious people. Never have. Shitting on Christians in chat rooms as a youth was a common past time back in the day.

Lets suppose Chick-Fil-A is using themselves as a pulpit for Christian values. If the New Yorker or whatever left leaning outlet wants to shit on them for that I'd be fine with it... if they also gave the same treatment to any other openly religious restaurant chains around doing the same thing. They'd never do that though. Imagine the reaction if they'd written that exact same piece about a shawarma place.
    Lol, that's rather funny as I spent a goodly portion of my early online life doing nothing but debating right-wing-religious types and driving them utterly nuts.

It wasn't till I got here to FHC that I was labeled right-wing.

I have much experience with the religious both due to family (the usual moderate but socially conservative'ish anti-abortion Catholic type on both sides of the family) and with a rather large population of "Christians" in my local area. You tend to interact with these folks rather often just living here, working here, having friends here, etc.

When I discuss these folks, I generally draw on my own experiences and conversations with them.
    This is what happens when you spend your time ignoring anyone disagreeing with you and decry them as trolls.

Whew lad. Saving for posterity.

I hereby hand over my cherished 'wall of text poster'-trophy to :alistair:.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    I hereby hand over my cherished 'wall of text poster'-trophy to :alistair:.
    Easy now.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Nordstern is an absolute nothing poster. A poster child for Generation-Retard . A generation that will be the first to die younger than its forefathers due to all being disgustingly obese autistic pony faggots. Some things were a mistake. Nordstern certainly is one of those things.

Now that was a post going too far off topic you fucking belm
    u ok hun?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Are you? Should you be allowed on the internet really?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    duck don't go off the fucking deep end

i stand by my post. Fuck nordstern and its moderating attempt. Fuck pony faggots. Fuck mods

If someone wants to get a topic back on topic, post about the topic. Not about other posters.