hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3007 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 2007250729072957299730043005300630073008300930103017 ... LastLast
Results 60,121 to 60,140 of 60410

Thread: US Politics Thread

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Wait when did Erich decide U.K. Ball was avatar-worthy?
    when he signed up as UK for HoI4 MP?
    Wait people here still play games together?
    Imagine that...
    Every single day on discord, absolute madlads

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    This isn't current politics but i think it is important to share, be warned long read. The interesting part is the aftermath and the unique approach to implement a mandatory history curriculum into school about it.
    It is about Chicago, Jon Burge and the so called Midnight Crew in the early '90s.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...ool-curriculum

After a few seconds, Douglas repeated the question: “Do you know Jon Burge?”

A ragged chorus of noes and nopes and nahs.

“Tell me again what year you were born in,” said Douglas, who is 54 and likes to playfully remind her students that they don’t know everything about the world.

2000. 2001. 1999.

“OK,” she said. “Well … welcome to Chicago.”

Douglas switched off the lights and played a video. Who was Jon Burge? The video supplied the answer. Burge was a former Chicago police department detective and area commander. Between 1972 and 1991 he either directly participated in or implicitly approved the torture of at least – and this is an extremely conservative estimate – 118 Chicagoans. Burge and his subordinates – known variously as the Midnight Crew, Burge’s Ass Kickers, and the A-Team – beat their suspects, suffocated them, subjected them to mock executions at gunpoint, raped them with sex toys, and hooked electroshock machines up to their genitals, their gums, their fingers, their earlobes, overwhelming their bodies with live voltage until they agreed: yes, they’d done it, whatever they’d been accused of, they’d sign the confession.
    Yes, I read that too, very interesting ...
    Remember: it's not really terrorism if you're WASP!

So any bets on that gay/black dude getting a higher sentence than 47 months? Or are the odds just too low?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Manafort hasn't been sentenced for all his crimes yet has he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Nope, this was just the financial stuff

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    So any bets on that gay/black dude getting a higher sentence than 47 months? Or are the odds just too low?
    Well the FBI said he didn't pay anyone but CPD dont care so yeah likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

MI8m8
    Oh wait he got 4 years for all the financial stuff? What a fucking farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

MI8m8
    Wont be in genpop of sing sing either i bet.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

MI8m8
    He was sentenced on 8 charges, the rest were mistrialed so he will go again on those. On his convictions, they carry terms ranging from a few months to a few years, but like most sentences, the terms will mostly be carried out concurrently, that's why it's so low

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

MI8m8
    He was sentenced on 8 charges, the rest were mistrialed so he will go again on those. On his convictions, they carry terms ranging from a few months to a few years, but like most sentences, the terms will mostly be carried out concurrently, that's why it's so low

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    His judge was a fucking prick, so I hope whoever he gets next fucking rams the book up his ass.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

MI8m8
    The real farce is when the judge remarked that Manafort "led an otherwise blameless life".

r/The_Mueller and the legal wonks blew up at the judge.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Just as bad:

https://thehill.com/regulation/43276...ested-by-stone

Roger Stone, an associate of President Trump, admitted in open court that a volunteer had given him two or three photos of the judge to choose from, and for an Instagram post he picked the one that appeared to show the crosshairs of a rifle scope behind Jackson’s head.

“You had a choice?” Jackson asked, incredulous after Stone’s admission.

The social media post, which many viewed as a personal threat against the judge presiding over his criminal case, could have landed Stone in jail. Some observers thought it should have, but Jackson gave him a second chance and instead imposed a harsher gag order.
    “She’s fierce,” Julieanne Himelstein, a former federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C., said in praising the judge she has argued before and knows personally.

Court filings this week in Stone’s case suggest he may have violated the gag order by rereleasing a book with a new introduction that’s critical of the Russia investigation. Jackson has given Stone until Monday to explain how he is trying to comply with the order.

She also warned Stone that any violation could land him in jail while he awaits trial.
    “I’m sure he knows that after being in that hearing, but he really dodged a bullet,” Himelstein said.

The high-profile Mueller cases, including Stone’s, aren’t rattling Jackson, according to Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor and commentator for The Hill.

“This is a judge who has walked the walk,” he said.
    Interesting use of the word fierce. If there were some poor nobody, they'd be awaiting trial from a jail cell

Big law/elite law seems to be one of those professions were everyone is so far up each other's ass that they cant see how ridiculous they look to the outside world.
    Last edited by mewninn; March 10 2019 at 12:53:33 AM.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/08/e...ent/index.html

16 counts of felony disorderly conduct. Hard to guess but if I had to bet, I'd bet on under 47 months.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/08/e...ent/index.html

16 counts of felony disorderly conduct. Hard to guess but if I had to bet, I'd bet on under 47 months.
    Got it. I read a comment somewhere that he had somehow done things that come with fed charges which could make it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Just as bad:

Roger Stone, an associate of President Trump, admitted in open court that a volunteer had given him two or three photos of the judge to choose from, and for an Instagram post he picked the one that appeared to show the crosshairs of a rifle scope behind Jackson’s head.

The social media post, which many viewed as a personal threat against the judge presiding over his criminal case, could have landed Stone in jail. Some observers thought it should have, but Jackson gave him a second chance and instead imposed a harsher gag order.
    “She’s fierce,” Julieanne Himelstein, a former federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C., said in praising the judge she has argued before and knows personally.

Court filings this week in Stone’s case suggest he may have violated the gag order by rereleasing a book with a new introduction that’s critical of the Russia investigation. Jackson has given Stone until Monday to explain how he is trying to comply with the order.

She also warned Stone that any violation could land him in jail while he awaits trial.
    “I’m sure he knows that after being in that hearing, but he really dodged a bullet,” Himelstein said.

The high-profile Mueller cases, including Stone’s, aren’t rattling Jackson, according to Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor and commentator for The Hill.

Interesting use of the word fierce. If there were some poor nobody, they'd be awaiting trial from a jail cell

Big law/elite law seems to be one of those professions were everyone is so far up each other's ass that they cant see how ridiculous they look to the outside world.
    Ooooooooooooor it could be that the Judge is well aware that this case is under an absurd amount of scrutiny and that there's a non-trivial risk of an openly corrupt President seizing on any excuse to pardon/commute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Just as bad:

Ooooooooooooor it could be that the Judge is well aware that this case is under an absurd amount of scrutiny and that there's a non-trivial risk of an openly corrupt President seizing on any excuse to pardon/commute.
    That proves my point though. People with influence get treated with kid gloves because they have options

That kind of restraint wouldn't be there for a rando who did the same thing

I mean, yes, that's what political power is.
    I love Malcanis!

"That's just how it is" has never been a good explanation for shitty things

Its not really an excuse, its more of an explanation. It doesnt make it any less shit but its explains why its shit and also why it cant be fixed (easily).

The president alone should not have the power to pardon someone. They should have the power to get parliament to vote on pardoning someone, but should not alone be able to get their mates ouf of prison. Its too easy to be corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Its not really an excuse, its more of an explanation. It doesnt make it any less shit but its explains why its shit and also why it cant be fixed (easily).

The president alone should not have the power to pardon someone. They should have the power to get parliament to vote on pardoning someone, but should not alone be able to get their mates ouf of prison. Its too easy to be corrupted.
    In theory the President is already accountable to the Houses, who will do their constitutional duty and impeach him for High Crimes And Misdemeanours if he abuses his presidential powers.

No political system works if its mechanism of enforcement is captured by those who are hostile to the goals and aims of that system.
    I love Malcanis!