hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2964 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 19642464286429142954296129622963296429652966296729743014 ... LastLast
Results 59,261 to 59,280 of 60410

Thread: US Politics Thread

  1. #59261

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Sorry, but a 'Democratic shit-show' reads as a shit-show where Democratic candidates slag each other off. Basically like the Bernie HRC debacle at the end of the 2016 primaries (which was mild compared to what went on in the GOP primaries).

    All of the stuff you mention above is basically the alt-right conspiracy nuts going in overdrive throwing shit at every wall they can find, hoping some of it may stick.

    How is that even remotely the same?
    Clinton and Sanders were pretty civil. Remember Sanders refusing to attack Clinton over the email scandal? Being actively investigated by the FBI? Giving the FBI a potential veto over Clinton winning the presidency?

    Most of the slagging off was done by proxy. Like Clinton's 'Correct the Record' paid internet trolls.

  2. #59262
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07/69255...personal-photo

    tl;dr:
    Enquirer: We have some embarrassing photos and texts of you, Mr. Bezos. Lie to the public or we'll publish them.
    Bezos: Hmm, these are indeed real and very private. How did you acquire these?
    Enquirer: We're not saying.
    Bezos: *directs his goon squad and WaPo to investigate*
    Enquirer: Stop investigating us or we'll publish more!
    It takes balls to try to blackmail one of/the richest persons in the world, with a newspaper of his own at his back.

    And when I mean balls, I mean a complete lack of brains.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  3. #59263

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Sorry, but a 'Democratic shit-show' reads as a shit-show where Democratic candidates slag each other off. Basically like the Bernie HRC debacle at the end of the 2016 primaries (which was mild compared to what went on in the GOP primaries).

    All of the stuff you mention above is basically the alt-right conspiracy nuts going in overdrive throwing shit at every wall they can find, hoping some of it may stick.

    How is that even remotely the same?
    Clinton and Sanders were pretty civil. Remember Sanders refusing to attack Clinton over the email scandal? Being actively investigated by the FBI? Giving the FBI a potential veto over Clinton winning the presidency?

    Most of the slagging off was done by proxy. Like Clinton's 'Correct the Record' paid internet trolls.
    Surely you're not suggesting that those 'stories' you mentioned are attacks by proxy by Democratic (potential) candidates, right?

  4. #59264
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,979
    Bart, have you not yet realised that *everything* is a false flag op in alt-rightland?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  5. #59265

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Bart, have you not yet realised that *everything* is a false flag op in alt-rightland?
    Apparently not ...

  6. #59266
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,324
    Even the false flags are false flags committed by crisis actors who are acting like crisis actors.

  7. #59267

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Does anyone have a link to AOC's Green New Deal proposal?

    The only one I can seem to find online is the Green party's Green New Deal, which I get the feeling is similar but not what AOC is proposing.

    A link to the text of the GND Proposed legislation would be very much appreciated.
    https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...eal-Resolution
    Also: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...w-Deal-FAQ.pdf

    This is the outline released by her office.
    And here's an article about it: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ero-emissions/

  8. #59268
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,324
    And here she is doing a wonderful explainer on what’s wrong with our money-is-speech political climate.


  9. #59269
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    31,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    And here she is doing a wonderful explainer on what’s wrong with our money-is-speech political climate.

    super simple stuff

  10. #59270
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,738
    i already love her
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  11. #59271
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post


    It is not, actually. There was some pushback against the 'old guard' when the new guns came in, but unity was preserved, Pelosi mostly silenced/dealt with that. And with the GOP and Trump on a run, and which such a target rich environment, the Democratic candidates have all the material to need to run without have to shoot each other down.

    And, frankly, they haven't. All the candidates, or potential candidates, have been nothing but courteous to and about each other. Things will, ofcourse, heat up, no doubt; but I doubt we'll see anything like the slagging match we saw on the GOP side in 2016.

    Most of this 'it's already happening now' nonsense is mostly right wing media blowing up things again. And you fell for it, again.

    Common Alistair: you can do better than that!
    The old guard is so terrible that unity won't last forever

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-plan-1156830

    A split between House Democratic leaders and rank-and-file members over how to lower drug prices is threatening the party's efforts tries to make good on one of its biggest campaign promises just weeks into the new congressional session.

    Some progressive lawmakers and outside groups are concerned that aides to Speaker Nancy Pelosi are proposing to have a third party help decide the price of a drug through binding arbitration — a solution that falls short of the Democrats' 2018 campaign platform that promised direct government negotiations for medicines in Medicare Part D.
    You have people dying because they cant afford insulin and the Pelosi solution is third party arbitration? what planet do these senile old farts live on

  12. #59272
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

    The old guard is so terrible that unity won't last forever

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-plan-1156830

    A split between House Democratic leaders and rank-and-file members over how to lower drug prices is threatening the party's efforts tries to make good on one of its biggest campaign promises just weeks into the new congressional session.

    Some progressive lawmakers and outside groups are concerned that aides to Speaker Nancy Pelosi are proposing to have a third party help decide the price of a drug through binding arbitration — a solution that falls short of the Democrats' 2018 campaign platform that promised direct government negotiations for medicines in Medicare Part D.
    You have people dying because they cant afford insulin and the Pelosi solution is third party arbitration? what planet do these senile old farts live on
    Newsom's kind of already undermining her in CA, with his single payer for MediCal drug purchases initiative. If she's seen to be working against the good citizens of SF, there are plenty of people who would just love to take her seat. Newsom is a bit slick and has his issues, but the team he has around him are very good at setting constitutional traps.
    meh

  13. #59273
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,324
    https://www.axios.com/justin-fairfax...b258647b9.html

    Second credible accusation against Fairfax. So much for being a credible and progressive replacement for Northam.

    Virginia clearly has some problems.

  14. #59274

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    And here she is doing a wonderful explainer on what’s wrong with our money-is-speech political climate.

    I am not a USA citizen and i was fearing she would be a dud..........that clip...damnnn

    <3<3<3

    I hope this is the face of the new generation and she can keep it up.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  15. #59275
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Two rich men throwing their toys at each other - said toys being major newspapers.
    Bezos said the statement AMI was proposing was false and described the offer as an “extortionate proposal.”

    Bezos, Fine, and de Becker were not immediately available for comment. Amazon declined to comment. Shares of the world’s largest online retailer were down 1.8 percent at $1,584.74.

    Extortion typically involves an effort to obtain property, services, money or some other benefit by threatening violence, reputational harm or other injury, although definitions can vary across state and federal laws.

    In Florida, where American Media is based, extortion includes maliciously threatening targets with disgrace, or to expose their secrets. In Washington state, where Amazon is based, it includes threatening to expose secrets that may subject targets to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or reveal information that the targets wanted to conceal.

    Federal law defines extortion as someone seeking or actually obtaining “property” through the “wrongful use” of actual or threatened force, violence or fear. “Property” can be something of value not limited to a tangible object or money.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1PX1KW

    In both states, extortion is a class 2 felony. Disregarding any criminal trials, let's look at the potential civil implications, with an eye towards Hulk Hogan's lawsuit (a lawsuit in Florida, where AMI just happens to be located!).

    AMZN declined 1.62% today. And Jeff Bezos has $120 billion in stock. So, Jeff lost roughly $1.944 billion today.
    Let's say that Jeff has the right to sue for losses incurred due to this incident. Let's also say that Jeff claims only today's losses, and that a jury decides he can recoup a mere 15% of his losses.
    That means Jeff can collect nearly $292 million from Pecker.

    AMI has a lot of debt: $285 million due over the course of 2 years. A civil judgement against the company could bankrupt them...again.
    Last edited by Nordstern; February 9 2019 at 12:22:23 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  16. #59276
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Two rich men throwing their toys at each other - said toys being major newspapers.
    Bezos said the statement AMI was proposing was false and described the offer as an “extortionate proposal.”

    Bezos, Fine, and de Becker were not immediately available for comment. Amazon declined to comment. Shares of the world’s largest online retailer were down 1.8 percent at $1,584.74.

    Extortion typically involves an effort to obtain property, services, money or some other benefit by threatening violence, reputational harm or other injury, although definitions can vary across state and federal laws.

    In Florida, where American Media is based, extortion includes maliciously threatening targets with disgrace, or to expose their secrets. In Washington state, where Amazon is based, it includes threatening to expose secrets that may subject targets to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or reveal information that the targets wanted to conceal.

    Federal law defines extortion as someone seeking or actually obtaining “property” through the “wrongful use” of actual or threatened force, violence or fear. “Property” can be something of value not limited to a tangible object or money.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1PX1KW

    In both states, extortion is a class 2 felony. Disregarding any criminal trials, let's look at the potential civil implications, with an eye towards Hulk Hogan's lawsuit (a lawsuit in Florida, where AMI just happens to be located!).

    AMZN declined 1.62% today. And Jeff Bezos has $120 billion in stock. So, Jeff lost roughly $1.944 billion today.
    Let's say that Jeff has the right to sue for losses incurred due to this incident. Let's also say that Jeff claims only today's losses, and that a jury decides he can recoup a mere 15% of his losses.
    That means Jeff can collect nearly $292 million from Pecker.

    AMI has a lot of debt: $285 million due over the course of 2 years. A civil judgement against the company could bankrupt them...again.
    Jeff could just buy their debt...
    meh

  17. #59277
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,728
    Bezosgate is so amazing. I love it. And given how public things already are I hope we get the details on the actual conclusion too.
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  18. #59278
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Two rich men throwing their toys at each other - said toys being major newspapers.
    Bezos said the statement AMI was proposing was false and described the offer as an “extortionate proposal.”

    Bezos, Fine, and de Becker were not immediately available for comment. Amazon declined to comment. Shares of the world’s largest online retailer were down 1.8 percent at $1,584.74.

    Extortion typically involves an effort to obtain property, services, money or some other benefit by threatening violence, reputational harm or other injury, although definitions can vary across state and federal laws.

    In Florida, where American Media is based, extortion includes maliciously threatening targets with disgrace, or to expose their secrets. In Washington state, where Amazon is based, it includes threatening to expose secrets that may subject targets to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or reveal information that the targets wanted to conceal.

    Federal law defines extortion as someone seeking or actually obtaining “property” through the “wrongful use” of actual or threatened force, violence or fear. “Property” can be something of value not limited to a tangible object or money.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1PX1KW

    In both states, extortion is a class 2 felony. Disregarding any criminal trials, let's look at the potential civil implications, with an eye towards Hulk Hogan's lawsuit (a lawsuit in Florida, where AMI just happens to be located!).

    AMZN declined 1.62% today. And Jeff Bezos has $120 billion in stock. So, Jeff lost roughly $1.944 billion today.
    Let's say that Jeff has the right to sue for losses incurred due to this incident. Let's also say that Jeff claims only today's losses, and that a jury decides he can recoup a mere 15% of his losses.
    That means Jeff can collect nearly $292 million from Pecker.

    AMI has a lot of debt: $285 million due over the course of 2 years. A civil judgement against the company could bankrupt them...again.
    Why settle for money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  19. #59279
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Bezosgate is so amazing. I love it. And given how public things already are I hope we get the details on the actual conclusion too.
    News from...wait, nine days ago?

    https://theweek.com/speedreads/82104...h-no-asked-did
    The Daily Beast reports that the investigation has questioned Michael Sanchez, the brother of Bezos' mistress, Lauren Sanchez. Bezos' personal security consultant, Gavin de Becker, confirmed as much on the record. Equally interesting, though, is that Sanchez is an associate of numerous individuals in President Trump's orbit, including former advisers Roger Stone and Carter Page.

    When reached for comment by The Daily Beast, Stone denied hacking Bezos' phone, despite not actually being asked if he had done it. When this was pointed out to him, Stone replied, “You are busted. You are not a journalist. No one believes anything you write." Stone had previously gone on InfoWars to claim he was about to be accused by The Daily Beast of hacking Bezos' phone, which, again, the publication never suggested.
    Roger Stone just can't shut up. Speaking of Stone, he's arguing that he doesn't need a gag order, because he's not a public figure like Kim Kardashian.

    Last edited by Nordstern; February 9 2019 at 03:56:46 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  20. #59280
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Bezosgate is so amazing. I love it. And given how public things already are I hope we get the details on the actual conclusion too.
    News from...wait, nine days ago?

    https://theweek.com/speedreads/82104...h-no-asked-did
    The Daily Beast reports that the investigation has questioned Michael Sanchez, the brother of Bezos' mistress, Lauren Sanchez. Bezos' personal security consultant, Gavin de Becker, confirmed as much on the record. Equally interesting, though, is that Sanchez is an associate of numerous individuals in President Trump's orbit, including former advisers Roger Stone and Carter Page.

    When reached for comment by The Daily Beast, Stone denied hacking Bezos' phone, despite not actually being asked if he had done it. When this was pointed out to him, Stone replied, “You are busted. You are not a journalist. No one believes anything you write." Stone had previously gone on InfoWars to claim he was about to be accused by The Daily Beast of hacking Bezos' phone, which, again, the publication never suggested.
    Roger Stone just can't shut up.
    Roger Stone is a treasonous idiot.
    News at 11. I hope they put him in general population.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •