hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2953 of 2980 FirstFirst ... 1953245328532903294329502951295229532954295529562963 ... LastLast
Results 59,041 to 59,060 of 59600

Thread: US Politics Thread

Sure they cant force him to resign or impeach him but they can expel him. He can govern as an independent and be a lame duck.

If the DNC does not expel whateverthefuckhisnameis there is literally no other explanation then him having leverage over the party in some way to make him untouchable. DNC needs to toss him from the party yesterday, and if this goes away it just confirms how irredeemably corrupt the party is.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; February 4 2019 at 08:25:45 PM. Reason: Lol Roy moore

I don’t know that the party really has that power.

This isn’t like a European parliamentary party.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I don’t know that the party really has that power.

This isn’t like a European parliamentary party.
    You might be right idk but I'd be surprised if they couldn't expel him somehow. Just want to remind everyone this is the same party that argued in court they weren't subject to election laws in primaries because they are a private organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    So racism is okay as long as it’s paternalistic racism, right? White man’s burden and all that stuff good Christian men must do.
    I think it's more simple than that:

Democrat/Progressive = we can forgive.

Anyone Else: The Gulag!
    It's literally the exact opposite. For instance Franken is gone, but the GOP lined up to support KNOWN PEDOPHILE ROY MOORE
    Lol, why do you think Franken is gone mate. Deeply held moral beliefs? LAWL!!!!!

Politics my friend, sometimes the individual gets fucked for a greater goal. Franken got tossed so the Dems could win the House via the women vote. Not because any Dem actually had a deeply held belief that Al Franken deserved to be tossed.
    They still tossed him though. If you want to argue that it was because of expediency go ahead because you're implicitly stating that Democrat voters care about what he did far more than Republican voters care about what Roy Moore did.
    Yes, it was absolutely political/for expediency for the larger goals of that moment. They could not attack Trump and Moore if they retained Franken, despite the vast differences in what the two were accused of.

And no, it wasn't for "Democrat voters", they would vote Democrat regardless, Franken was beloved by the base. That's what Bases do.

It was to win the undecideds and moderates and non-affiliated vote, especially the women of that group. And it worked. They trounced the Republicans in the mid-terms in that demographic.

So throwing poor Franken under the bus for image worked.

Same way they're throwing the Governor under the bus because he so badly botched the Abortion issues recently in this state.

Seriously, you guys actually think this is principled offense, lol, please tell me you kids are not that naive. The Democrats are the party of Senator Byrd, a no fucking around KKK Grand Wizard ffs, and no one ever asked him to resign for his actually wearing that hood doing real actual KKK stuff. He's lionized by Dems. Obama loved him.

If the Governor were more useful in place than gone, Dems would be defending him. He's not. He's a moderate Dem to start with, that State will stay (D) at Governor, he's disposable.

Also, lol at the tin foil hate "Northam must have something on the DNC oh conspiracy" shit. Just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    So what was the allegation, and who published it?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-BBTazby

Allegations of sexual assault were published by the right wing site, Big League Politics. Supposedly the Washington Post investigated at the time of his inaugeration and declined to publish due to being unable to corroborate her allegations.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

FHC making me agree with Alistair wtf is happening

Also Franken fell on his sword maybe willingly, he had apologized for that trivial incident years ago and had been forgiven by whatshername.

This guy doing actual racist shit and denying photograph evidence is getting a pass.

Imo they threw Franken under the bus because they thought he was going to run for president in 2020 and they didn't want him in the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Imo they threw Franken under the bus because they thought he was going to run for president in 2020 and they didn't want him in the primary.
    Nah it was just them trying to co-opt the whole #metoo thing

To the Dem party establishment he wasn't super controversial in terms of policy. Despite the moronic pundit consensus, single payer isn't a radical idea

Gillibrand even paid a price for denouncing him iirc. Lots of donors turned off from her now.
    Last edited by mewninn; February 4 2019 at 10:54:48 PM.

A United States Government (USG) Memorandum Released by Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley to NBC News Shows According to Him that the USG: “planned to traumatize children and intentionally create a humanitarian crisis”

Following reports on Thursday that federal officials forcibly separated thousands more migrant children from their families than previously reported, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D.-Ore.) released a document to NBC News revealing the Trump administration intended to “traumatize children and intentionally create a humanitarian crisis at the border.”

The December 2017 draft memo—which Merkley shared with NBC News after receiving it from a government whistleblower—shows that Trump administration officials wanted to deport children more quickly by denying them asylum hearings after taking them away from their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    A United States Government (USG) Memorandum Released by Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley to NBC News Shows According to Him that the USG: “planned to traumatize children and intentionally create a humanitarian crisis”

Following reports on Thursday that federal officials forcibly separated thousands more migrant children from their families than previously reported, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D.-Ore.) released a document to NBC News revealing the Trump administration intended to “traumatize children and intentionally create a humanitarian crisis at the border.”

The December 2017 draft memo—which Merkley shared with NBC News after receiving it from a government whistleblower—shows that Trump administration officials wanted to deport children more quickly by denying them asylum hearings after taking them away from their parents.
    I'd not be be surprised if this were actually true. Steven Miller etc. are, really, that callous ...

Ohh, and he's helping Trump write his State of the Union address again, so expect some MS-13 nonsense again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

I heard/read some articles over here speculating that he will declare martial law or something similar at the boarder region in his address.
    I suspect that's a bit too much FUD-thinking on their part but is that being discussed in US media at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    I heard/read some articles over here speculating that he will declare martial law or something similar at the boarder region in his address.
    I suspect that's a bit too much FUD-thinking on their part but is that being discussed in US media at all?
    Sounds a bit hysterical tbh, like when Emperor Obama declared martial law during Operation Jade Helm and all True Murkans were rounded up and put into FEMA camps.

It'd be quite something, even for Trump, if he declares a national emergency (with martial law) along the border during the SotU address.

But he'll probably test the waters for it. It'll be interesting to see the response though.

Also, I don't know what powers the Speaker of the House has during the address. Though I'm pretty sure Pelosi does. It'll be interesting to see if she'll use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

I'd not be be surprised if this were actually true. Steven Miller etc. are, really, that callous ...

Ohh, and he's helping Trump write his State of the Union address again, so expect some MS-13 nonsense again.
    Come on man, we all know there is no such thing as MS-13, how dumb does Trump think we are?

So reportedly the woman who accused the Virginia Lt. Governor of sexual assault has hired the same firm that represented Prof. Ford against Kavenaugh.

Might be less meaningful since the Governor does not appear to be interested in resignation despite the calls for it from his Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Nonsense.
    A critical exception has occurred. The exception is FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Yes, nonsense.
    I'm glad that's settled

I'm sorry but a gang operating on both sides of the border and pretty much assassinating anybody they want, usually with machetes, yeah that's a problem. It's a more complex problem than the current levels of discussion, but it's not nonsense.

This is one of those anything Trump says must be bad things. And it's harming the talk that actually needs to be had. Because those guys are legit evil.
    A critical exception has occurred. The exception is FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

How do Trump’s policy proposals stem this particular problem? I don’t think a border wall is going to do much about this, and Democrats are open to pretty much any kind of enhanced border security except the wall and total closure of the border.

More pointedly: why won’t the state acknowledge that the violence in Central and South America is essentially an externality of American foreign and economic policy?

How do Trump’s policy proposals stem this particular problem? I don’t think a border wall is going to do much about this, and Democrats are open to pretty much any kind of enhanced border security except the wall and total closure of the border.

More pointedly: why won’t the state acknowledge that the violence in Central and South America is essentially an externality of American foreign and economic policy?
    That would require people who loudly proclaim to be Christian to act like they are and seek contrition, instead of loudly proclaiming they where Christian and acting like cunts.
    meh