hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1786 of 2036 FirstFirst ... 78612861686173617761783178417851786178717881789179618361886 ... LastLast
Results 35,701 to 35,720 of 40719

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Alistair has never been a Trump supporter.
    This, he's often just astoundingly dumb in his comments so people kind of assumed I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    As someone who is extremely dumb in their comments, I hope you all don't think I'm a trump supporter.. Bad posters hate trump as well you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    This, he's often just astoundingly dumb in his comments so people kind of assumed I guess.

The echo chamber needs strawmen to rally against. Or something.
    Look mate. The saw the last time we had isolated a bunch of communists to one place?

Alistair-Class Memetic Suppression Agent Installed after XK-CLASS: End-of-the-world Scenario resulting from [DATA EXPUNGED] was brought to attention (See [REDACTED], Code Name: The Crimson Tide).

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

As someone who is extremely dumb in their comments, I hope you all don't think I'm a trump supporter.. Bad posters hate trump as well you know.
    I mean, it has to do with Alistair's specific kind of dumb. We're all dumb but usually don't get that assumed about us i reckon. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

The echo chamber needs strawmen to rally against. Or something.
    Powerfully ironic when you remember Alistair is the tangential strawman making champion of FHC and an accredited professional at ignoring the point and substituting his own, a veritable legend at his craft.
    Last edited by Isyel; July 17 2017 at 04:35:33 AM.

He's basically just a crazy old man tilting at donkey shaped windmills.

Probably still believes America is democratic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Alistair is not dumb, he just has a fundamentally different world-view. Within that different world view his logic is sound.

Example:

The majority of us hold to the view that prison is primarily for protection of the public. With that goal we prioritise rehabilitation as a top goal because that reduces rates of re-offence, protecting the public over the long term.

Alistair holds to the view that prison is primarily for punishment. With that goal he prioritises making prisoners as miserable as possible within the boundaries of the law, punishing more effectively.

We and he can both build logically sound arguments upon these different fundamental premises and when we inevitably disagree each side thinks the other is creating straw-men, because we don't understand the basic view-point of the other.

You should collectively value having Alistair here. He functions as a constant test of your arguments, ideology and beliefs and gives you a window into a different world view. Without him and others like him to argue with, you would end up in a protected little bubble of information as insular and divorced from reality as any Trump supporters.

I think some folks mistake thinking that Hillary was a bad candidate with approval of Trump.

Bernie would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I think some folks mistake thinking that Hillary was a bad candidate with approval of Trump.

Bernie would have won.
    The most concise counter-argument i can make to that is "haha no, fuck off".

You may be viewing the issue through euro-centric glasses, where social-democratic gov's are quite common and the hard left captures a good portion of the protest vote. That doesnt happen in the states, for a variety of reasons that are deeply rooted in its cultural history, outside a select few (California et al) that were always going to go to the dem. side in the electoral college.
    The other argument is that we never saw the full might of the right-wing media turn on him, so would have could have scenarios are disingenuous.

Bernie wins battles he doesnt need to fight, and loses the ones he needs to win but never was going to.

Bernie would have won.
    Bernie would have been barbecued under the same *fake news* smear campaign republicans have successfully run since john kerry was a candidate.

He was a terrible candidate in to 2016 and in reality, he wasn't running to win the last election, but to become relevant in the next.

Bernie would have won.
    Hahahahaha

Hahaa ha

Oh wow

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

Bernie would have won.
    Bernie would have been barbecued under the same *fake news* smear campaign republicans have successfully run since john kerry was a candidate.

He was a terrible candidate in to 2016 and in reality, he wasn't running to win the last election, but to become relevant in the next.
    Actuary tables.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    CNN video shows Trump and Russian associates meeting in 2013
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-1...a-saga/8704886

These guys are fucking retarded. This is how you spread fake news.
    It's a video of Trump so not exactly fake is it...
    You mean he met with people years before he even planned on running for office? IMPEACH DRUMPF NOW
    Given the way US presidential elections work and the money and organisation required I imagine he would have been contemplating it at that point or even earlier.

Also bringing up his past dodgy relations with Russian businessmen and officials is entirely justified given his current dodgy relations with Russian businessmen and officials.

Also doesn't make it fake news.
    except there are no dodgy relations with Russian businessmen. There are just retarded media stories that bring up their ratings among Hillary supporters. There is nothing else. Also we've been through this before
    Depens on how you define "dodgy", I guess. As a president you'd like to do as independent as possible - that's one of the tickets with which Trump rode towards his presidency ("Drain the swamp"), stating that he's rich enough to not have to rely on 3rd party donators, who may or may not ask for "favors" afterwards.

I even agree with him on that topic.

But than again he hasn't actually turned his business over to some indepentendly run/overseen trust, as presidents did before him. Yeah, not a legal requirement, but still a very good idea to do.

Instead, he's still doing business and let his family run it. An Russian investors have heavily invested in Trump's properties. This is also nothing illegal.

So, yes, not "dodgy" directly. But it seems worrisome that he might be financially ... erhm ... challengeable (is that a word)?

"Look how easily, how wildly they succeeded." - Bullzee.

You can only become president in America if you pander relentlessly to capital interests. Their entire 'democratic' system is designed that way.

http://scholar.princeton.edu/sites/d...litics.doc.pdf
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

They analyse situations through their moral lense and then write about how they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

You should collectively value having Alistair here. He functions as a constant test of your arguments, ideology and beliefs and gives you a window into a different world view. Without him and others like him to argue with, you would end up in a protected little bubble of information as insular and divorced from reality as any Trump supporters.
    He's an ideological dinosaur who bases his entire world view on fallacious starting positions and an incapability to coherently argue from any fact based positions.

He is one of the few feels before reals posters on this forum.

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post

They analyse situations through their moral lense and then write about how they see it.
    I...

wow, Quackers seems to have been upgraded since I last visited.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post

I...

wow, Quackers seems to have been upgraded since I last visited.
    Oh no

Alistair is not dumb, he just has a fundamentally different world-view. Within that different world view his logic is sound.

Example:

The majority of us hold to the view that prison is primarily for protection of the public. With that goal we prioritise rehabilitation as a top goal because that reduces rates of re-offence, protecting the public over the long term.

Alistair holds to the view that prison is primarily for punishment. With that goal he prioritises making prisoners as miserable as possible within the boundaries of the law, punishing more effectively.

We and he can both build logically sound arguments upon these different fundamental premises and when we inevitably disagree each side thinks the other is creating straw-men, because we don't understand the basic view-point of the other.

No, not at all. It's not the world view I have issues with, as much as I disagree with it.

It's that he consistently misinterprets people's posts and willfully ignores the point to make his own, to an obnoxious level, more and more consistently than almost anyone else, then complains how people hate him. This is the real issue.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Example:

No, not at all. It's not the world view I have issues with, as much as I disagree with it.

It's that he consistently misinterprets people's posts and willfully ignores the point to make his own, to an obnoxious level, more and more consistently than almost anyone else, then complains how people hate him. This is the real issue.
    It's basically me except without the awareness to figure out why people really dislike me

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Example:

It's basically me except without the awareness to figure out why people really dislike me