hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1781 of 1805 FirstFirst ... 781128116811731177117781779178017811782178317841791 ... LastLast
Results 35,601 to 35,620 of 36100

Thread: Trump Did Nothing Wrong [USA Politics Thread]

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Please stop encouraging Smarnca to take Rak's place now that half the forum has Rak ignored
    Well as i said, at least Rak had enough sense to start pretending he's trolling. :P
    I never started pretending to be trolling.

Just that I didn't discourage the view that I was just pretending to be trolling since few of you were ready for my message of truth.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I have no idea what he is talking about now.
    He does that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I have no idea what he is talking about now.
    He does that sometimes.
    It is pretty much what the talk about russians looks like to those of us that are 'woke'.

Sadly we'll be waiting years for all the pieces to be fall into place. Federal prosecutors may even decide to wait until there's a new president, I can totally see Trump handing out pardons like candy

Just to remind you all, this is how the voters that will win 2020 will see Trump.

A guy who cares about the soldiers and other workers around him, not the aloft presidents of past.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So you don't have a problem with the press?
    The American press are lapdogs to power who beat the drums for war continuously at the behest of the military industrial complex, manufacturing consent by lying and distorting facts to mislead the public to that end

Gotta get it out of my system for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    The American press are lapdogs to power who beat the drums for war continuously at the behest of the military industrial complex, manufacturing consent by lying and distorting facts to mislead the public to that end

I find things like NYT and Wapo are the least worst option.

Anti-establishment reporters tend to be hugely biased in their own way. At least that's what I see when people like Glenn Greenwald are constantly throwing shade on the Russia story

Yeah but alistair likes to triumph the wonders of the free market. So I want to know whether he thinks it's good that those with the most capital can own and control the news. After all, the invisible hand is never wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

He's recently separated... so go for it Kelly, you deserve him!

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Sadly we'll be waiting years for all the pieces to be fall into place. Federal prosecutors may even decide to wait until there's a new president, I can totally see Trump handing out pardons like candy
    Interesting thing about pardons: only the guilty can be pardoned, and having being pardoned, one can no longer plead the 5th amendment to avoid giving evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Interesting thing about pardons: only the guilty can be pardoned, and having being pardoned, one can no longer plead the 5th amendment to avoid giving evidence.
    umm... no.

Nixon was never convicted. He was pardoned after resigning so that the process was ended there.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    ? I'm not following you

You are correct that you can only be pardoned after being charged with a crime. However pleading the 5th would be neither here nor there, since the time for you to plead the 5th would have been during your trial; which you already went through and were convicted in. Since double jeopardy prevents you from being retried for the crimes you were charged with, Should you be tried for further crimes you could simply plead the 5th to those new charges.

Yeah but alistair likes to triumph the wonders of the free market. So I want to know whether he thinks it's good that those with the most capital can own and control the news. After all, the invisible hand is never wrong!
    I don't think it's a good thing that so much of the global media is owned and controlled by a small corporate/individual group. I prefer that our media be better regulated to limit the amount of media outlets one entity can own. A diverse media is the best media.

With that said, I don't think Governmental ownership or content control of media is a Valid solution.

Additionally, I hold the citizenry accountable for their choices in media consumption. In a free country, we get the media we deserve, same way we get the government we deserve.

Finally, at no point have I ever claimed that the "invisible hand" cannot be wrong. The hand is only a reflection of the will of the people, of the majority, and people (and hence the hand they wield) can and often is "wrong" as seen by any individual persons moral or intellectual viewpoint.
    "Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"

Don't think Trump will be handing out the pardons to the Clinton and Obama affiliates that you're hoping for, they're going to rot in prison.

Wow... FaceBook... has become woke? Or is it just that the masses have had enough of the anti-Trump narrative.

Not really sure what's happening; I've been checking out comments on Trump-related stories for months and they've all been rather disturbingly one-sided. Checked them out today and, damn... almost all hate on what (I'd say objectively looks like nothing-burgers) have massive hate-comments.

So what changed? Is it that they stopped hiding the pro-Trump comments, or has there been that kind of a big shift after Don Jr., or did I do something weird with my FB account settings that let me get in touch with the normal people?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Wow... FaceBook... has become woke? Or is it just that the masses have had enough of the anti-Trump narrative.

Not really sure what's happening; I've been checking out comments on Trump-related stories for months and they've all been rather disturbingly one-sided. Checked them out today and, damn... almost all hate on what (I'd say objectively looks like nothing-burgers) have massive hate-comments.

So what changed? Is it that they stopped hiding the pro-Trump comments, or has there been that kind of a big shift after Don Jr., or did I do something weird with my FB account settings that let me get in touch with the normal people?
    Zuckerberg has recognized you as a subversive element so you can no longer interact with the GOOD GUYS, and when he comes to power in 2024 you'll get disappeared most likely.

Zuckerberg has recognized you as a subversive element so you can no longer interact with the GOOD GUYS, and when he comes to power in 2024 you'll get disappeared most likely.
    Obviously, however I am rather stunned by how one-sided the top comments on post by e.g. The Economist and George Takei now look. And even a gender wage-cap-myth TE article was full of woke commenters.

It is almost as if the bubble-suppression systems broke down and now I am in my bubble, not the other's bubble.

Edit: Checked a smaller shared story by someone with an anti-trump following, pretty much all anti-trump. So Broken Bubble-Control Friday it is.
    Last edited by Rakshasa The Cat; July 14 2017 at 09:46:51 PM.

The russian bots are out en masse.
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

Quote Originally Posted by lt View Post
    The russian bots are out en masse.
    Which is the DNC euphemism for the 'average voter' who didn't support them.

Zuckerberg has recognized you as a subversive element so you can no longer interact with the GOOD GOYS, and when he comes to power in 2024 you'll get disappeared most likely.
    FYP