hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2014 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 10141514191419642004201120122013201420152016201720242064 ... LastLast
Results 40,261 to 40,280 of 41988

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    The highly amusing aspect of all of this is that Trump now has firmly placed himself on the side of Country and Flag, while those niggers that are taking the knee are showing how they are un-american assholes.

I am enjoying every moment of this clusterfuck.
    goodbye for another week.

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Muh librul tears. Good riddance retard.

Whoop Whoop

A weeb norge living in Japan obsessed with American politics. Where did life go so wrong for him?

i mean its better than the usual weeb thing of becoming obsessed with fucking kids. probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    since the trumptator feels the need to get involved in sports now

Spoiler:

Hipster autist worst autist.
    Respectful: Using the flag as a cushion to rest your ass on

Not respectful: Using your platform to peacefully protest what you see as injustice

Is that about right?
    It's not his platform.

It's his job.

Try using your job to make an exceedingly public political statement, and let us know how long you stay employed.

It's almost like some folks don't understand the difference between "personal speech" and "speech made while representing/working for a private employer".
    Then surely that's a matter for their employer? So far most of the team owners seem to be coming down on the side of respecting their right to peacefully protest.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Spoiler:

Not respectful: Using your platform to peacefully protest what you see as injustice

Is that about right?
    It's not his platform.

It's his job.

Try using your job to make an exceedingly public political statement, and let us know how long you stay employed.

It's almost like some folks don't understand the difference between "personal speech" and "speech made while representing/working for a private employer".
    Then surely that's a matter for their employer? So far most of the team owners seem to be coming down on the side of respecting their right to peacefully protest.
    It's also completely nondisruptive. Simply sitting down or kneeling during the anthem is apparently all it takes to trigger conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Funny how when some they agree with gets slapped down for expressing their political beliefs in a public capacity it's always freedom of speech freedom of speech mur freedoms.
    Is calling for a boycott nothing more than exercising a basic freedom?

I do not get what all this hubbub is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Funny how when some they agree with gets slapped down for expressing their political beliefs in a public capacity it's always freedom of speech freedom of speech mur freedoms.

It's far beneath the decency of the office.

Unfortunately, they also all came down on the side of 'not giving Kaep a contract' despite the fact that he's better than a good third of the starting QBs in the league and damn near all of the backups.

They may not be willing to fire players currently on their roster, but none of them were willing to sign him either. So it's a mixed bag.

Which is, ofc, their right. They're running a business, and much of their fanbase is made up of mouthbreathers who think (black guys) kneeling during the anthem is tantamount to treason.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

That's fair, but maybe people should stop freaking out every time he does something that's beneath the decency of the office. The guy tweets all day. The decency of the office isn't what it was a year ago.

I'd rather people confront what he's saying than continuing to freak out that he actually said things.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

I agree with Trevor Noah's take on this

When the conversation turned to Kaepernick’s ongoing protests, Lahren explained that she just doesn’t believe that the quarterback kneeling during the national anthem is “the right way” for him to take a stand.

“When people say that, I’m always fascinated,” Noah said. “What is the right way? So here is a black man in America who says I don’t know how to get a message across. If I march in the streets, people say I’m a thug. If I go out and I protest, people say that it’s a riot. If I bend down on one knee, then it’s not [the right way].

“What is the right way?” Noah continued. “That is something that I’ve always wanted to know. What is the right way for a black person to get attention in America?”
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Spoiler:

Is that about right?
    It's not his platform.

It's his job.

Yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Unfortunately, they also all came down on the side of 'not giving Kaep a contract' despite the fact that he's better than a good third of the starting QBs in the league and damn near all of the backups.

Lol, no. Go back to watching tennis, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I agree with Trevor Noah's take on this

When the conversation turned to Kaepernick’s ongoing protests, Lahren explained that she just doesn’t believe that the quarterback kneeling during the national anthem is “the right way” for him to take a stand.

“When people say that, I’m always fascinated,” Noah said. “What is the right way? So here is a black man in America who says I don’t know how to get a message across. If I march in the streets, people say I’m a thug. If I go out and I protest, people say that it’s a riot. If I bend down on one knee, then it’s not [the right way].

“What is the right way?” Noah continued. “That is something that I’ve always wanted to know. What is the right way for a black person to get attention in America?”
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html
    Something, something they doth protest too much, methinks. /s

That's fair, but maybe people should stop freaking out every time he does something that's beneath the decency of the office. The guy tweets all day. The decency of the office isn't what it was a year ago.

I'd rather people confront what he's saying than continuing to freak out that he actually said things.
    The silver lining out of all of this is that maybe Trump does so much damage to the 'decency of the office' (reminder that Obama vaporized babies at wedding parties and sold arms to the saudis, so much honor) that people wont be worshiping whoever sits in the oval office in the future. Not likely but would be nice.

The following are NFL starting quarterbacks:

Mike Glennon
    DeShone Kizer
    Trevor Siemian
    Jacoby Brisset
    Jared Goff
    Case Keenum
    Josh McCown
    Brian Hoyer

Sticking to just the really fucking obvious ones, which of those do you think is better than Kaep? I'll give you McCown just because he's with the lolJets and I won't ask you to admit that he's worse. It's bad enough you're stuck with him at QB.

So that's 1/4th.

So are these:

Blake Bortles
    Tyrod Taylor
    Alex Smith
    Kirk Cousins

You might call those a toss-up, I wouldn't call any of them 'better.' Much as I'd like Taylor to be better than he is because he's an ex-Hokie, and Cousins to be better because he's with the 'Skins, I can't actually say that they are. Kaep got stuck playing for a monstrously shitty 49ers team after they ran Harbaugh out of town and everyone else good either retired or got arrested.

My point is, Kaep isn't out because he's not good enough. A couple of teams have floated the idea of bringing him in and then changed their minds because their fans made noise.

He's out because of the protests he started.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Mike Glennon
    DeShone Kizer
    Trevor Siemian
    Jacoby Brisset
    Jared Goff
    Case Keenum
    Josh McCown
    Brian Hoyer

Sticking to just the really fucking obvious ones, which of those do you think is better than Kaep? I'll give you McCown just because he's with the lolJets and I won't ask you to admit that he's worse. It's bad enough you're stuck with him at QB.

So that's 1/4th.

So are these:

Blake Bortles
    Tyrod Taylor
    Alex Smith
    Kirk Cousins

You might call those a toss-up, I wouldn't call any of them 'better.' Much as I'd like Taylor to be better than he is because he's an ex-Hokie, and Cousins to be better because he's with the 'Skins, I can't actually say that they are. Kaep got stuck playing for a monstrously shitty 49ers team after they ran Harbaugh out of town and everyone else good either retired or got arrested.

My point is, Kaep isn't out because he's not good enough. A couple of teams have floated the idea of bringing him in and then changed their minds because their fans made noise.

I'm guessing you haven't actually watched Kap play the past few years.

He's not the player he was in his early run.

He's horrible, and I'd take almost all the guys on your list before him. The fact you list Kirk Cousins as worse than him is too much for my funny bone to bare, seriously.

He's good enough to be a backup, sure, but he wanted starter+ money, which he isn't worth. No team wants a 20 million/year backup whose primary role is "protest leader".

I'd love to hear if you think Tin Tebow is out of the league because of HIS politics too, lol.

Mike Glennon
    DeShone Kizer
    Trevor Siemian
    Jacoby Brisset
    Jared Goff
    Case Keenum
    Josh McCown
    Brian Hoyer

So that's 1/4th.

So are these:

Blake Bortles
    Tyrod Taylor
    Alex Smith
    Kirk Cousins

I'm guessing you haven't actually watched Kap play the past few years.

He's not the player he was in his early run.

He's horrible, and I'd take almost all the guys on your list before him. The fact you list Kirk Cousins as worse than him is too much for my funny bone to bare, seriously.

He's good enough to be a backup, sure, but he wanted starter+ money, which he isn't worth. No team wants a 20 million/year backup whose primary role is "protest leader".

I'd love to hear if you think Tin Tebow is out of the league because of HIS politics too, lol.
    We'll have to disagree on this then. I think Kap got hosed by his team and coaching going to shit around him. He's been in talks with other teams this year (notably the Ravens, because flacco is an injury waiting to happen) and their justifications for not signing him haven't have much to do with skill.

Tebow was never actually good in the first place.

I used to be a footballer, but then I took a political statement to the knee.