hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1986 of 2098 FirstFirst ... 98614861886193619761983198419851986198719881989199620362086 ... LastLast
Results 39,701 to 39,720 of 41950

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    i'm sorry, if this many years after the fact you think the US just shitcanned a few K of it's citizens in its most famous city, along with the few K who would suffer long term health issues, and the knock in prestige just to make some dollar on redevelopment and chasing oil, then you are a fucking shitlord. an absolute delusional shitlord of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i'm sorry, if this many years after the fact you think the US just shitcanned a few K of it's citizens in its most famous city, along with the few K who would suffer long term health issues, and the knock in prestige just to make some dollar on redevelopment and chasing oil, then you are a fucking shitlord. an absolute delusional shitlord of the highest order.
    Actually I think both of those things, just in reference to disaster planning generally not 9/11

What Erich was referring to in regards to Americans is that they can't keep a fucking secret.

Actually, people can't keep secrets. The more people know, the harder it is to hide. This increases exponentially over time btw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspi...f_conspiracies

Physicist David Robert Grimes published in the PLOS ONE journal an estimation of the time it would take for a conspiracy to be exposed, based on the number of people involved.[59][60] His calculations used data from verified events such as The National Security Agency (NSA) PRISM affair, Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment and the FBI forensic scandal.

• Moon landing hoax would require the involvement of 411,000 people and would be exposed within 3.68 years;
    • Climate-change fraud would require 405,000 people and would be exposed within 3.70 years;
    • Vaccination conspiracy would require a minimum of 22,000 people (without drug companies) and would be exposed within at least 3.15 years and at most 34.78 years depending on the number involved;
    • Suppressed cancer cure conspiracy would require 714,000 people and would be exposed within 3.17 years.
    nevar forget

dont forget to add: retard

People say Putin blew up houses to foster support for the second chechnya, why couldn't Dubya do 9/11 to invade Iraq?

I wouldn't call billions some dollar. You have to understand that on the big stage a couple of thousand lives is nothing if it can be justified by some greater means. Even if it's your own people.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.newstatesman.com/node/192545
    The threat posed by US terrorism to the security of nations and individuals was outlined in prophetic detail in a document written more than two years ago and disclosed only recently. What was needed for America to dominate much of humanity and the world's resources, it said, was "some catastrophic and catalysing event - like a new Pearl Harbor".

The attacks of 11 September 2001 provided the "new Pearl Harbor", described as "the opportunity of ages". The extremists who have since exploited 11 September come from the era of Ronald Reagan, when far-right groups and "think-tanks" were established to avenge the American "defeat" in Vietnam. In the 1990s, there was an added agenda: to justify the denial of a "peace dividend" following the cold war. The Project for the New American Century was formed, along with the American Enterprise Institute, the Hudson Institute and others that have since merged the ambitions of the Reagan administration with those of the current Bush regime.

One of George W Bush's "thinkers" is Richard Perle. I interviewed Perle when he was advising Reagan; and when he spoke about "total war", I mistakenly dismissed him as mad. He recently used the term again in describing America's "war on terror". "No stages," he said. "This is total war. We are fighting a variety of enemies. There are lots of them out there. All this talk about first we are going to do Afghanistan, then we will do Iraq . . . this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. If we just let our vision of the world go forth, and we embrace it entirely and we don't try to piece together clever diplomacy, but just wage a total war . . . our children will sing great songs about us years from now."
    For me and you such actions seem unthinkable but to a psychopath the world is his oyster.

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2013/04/25/the-disturbing-link-between-psychopathy-and-leadership/#7b939ee64104
    It is not the image we like to have when we think of business leaders. But troubling research indicates that in the ranks of senior management, psychopathic behavior may be more common than we think – more prevalent in fact than the amount such seriously aberrant behavior occurs in the general population.

At first blush this may seem counterintuitive, even outrageous. We tend to think of psychopathy as the province of criminals, with leadership qualities that may land someone atop a fringe religious cult, say - not in a boardroom. But before discussing the research, let’s consider for a moment why this possibility is actually less bizarre than it may initially seem.

The hallmarks of the psychopathic personality involve egocentric, grandiose behavior, completely lacking empathy and conscience. Additionally, psychopaths may be charismatic, charming, and adept at manipulating one-on-one interactions. In a corporation, one’s ability to advance is determined in large measure by a person’s ability to favorably impress his or her direct manager. Unfortunately, certain of these psychopathic qualities – in particular charm, charisma, grandiosity (which can be mistaken for vision or confidence) and the ability to “perform” convincingly in one-on-one settings – are also qualities that can help one get ahead in the business world.
    “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    People say Putin blew up houses to foster support for the second chechnya, why couldn't Dubya do 9/11 to invade Iraq?
    It's not that W wouldn't, its that there is literally no chance someone wouldn't have tried to sell the movie rights yet.
    meh

Damn it I didn't mean to trigger a deluge of Smarncaposting.

But jokes aside there was an actual CIA operation being planned in the 60's to fly planes into skyscrapers and blame it on Cuba. And it didn't become public knowledge until 1997. Now, if they had actually gone through with it would someone have leaked? Who knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Damn it I didn't mean to trigger a deluge of Smarncaposting.

But jokes aside there was an actual CIA operation being planned in the 60's to fly planes into skyscrapers and blame it on Cuba. And it didn't become public knowledge until 1997. Now, if they had actually gone through with it would someone have leaked? Who knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
    Theory is that the israelis has the tools to hack planes using a laptop, that was what brought down the russian plane flying from egypt, and Trump leaked it to the russians pissing off the israelis.

:tinfoilhat:
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Teds with a chair!!
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Clearly conspiracies that require the involvement of tens of thousands would be hard to keep secret, specially the more outrageous its actions became. But with smaller numbers (say in the hundreds), and with help of compartmentalized information, things get much more plausible.

I am not going to defend ridiculous "conspiracy" theories here, there is no point. Arguing about N+ infinity of theories is a waste of time. It is only purposeful when there is incontrovertible evidence about something, like for example:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westmi...ophile_dossier

What I would like to point out however, is that as a counter argument to the claims of "it could never happen", you need only look at the Manhattan Project. Tens of thousands of people worked in some way to contribute to the development of atomic weapons, and the majority of them had no idea what the end product of their work would be. The use of compartmentalized information in this and all intelligence and defense related projects, in conjunction with the power of the law and even threat of violence and death can make this sort of thing work very well. In fact it happens all the time in intelligence, the military, organized crime, government, businesses with varying degrees of success, number of people involved and overall distastefullness of mission and actions. We only get to hear about any of them when a fuck-up happens, or someone talks, but more often than not people just call them conspiracy theorists.

https://www.conspiracies.net/manhatt...piracy-theory/

“One of these, Oak Ridge, situated where only oak and pine trees had dotted small farms before, is now the 5th largest city in Tennessee. Its population of 70,000 has 13 supermarkets, 9 drug stores, and 7 theatres.

A second town of 7,000 was built for reasons and security on a New Mexico mesa. The third, named Rockland Village, houses 17,000 men, women, and children on the remote banks of the Columbia River in the State of Washington.

None of the people, who came to these developments from homes all the way from Maine to California, had the slightest idea of what they were making in the gigantic government plants”
    So sure it might be possible the moon landing footage is fake, or that Saudi Arabia, Qatar, America and Israel are behind ISIS, or that 9/11 was a modified version of Operation Northwoods ran by elements in the U.S. government and Mossad, or that the DNC wasn't hacked by Russians but by elements in the NSA. But in the absence of any actionable evidence, what is the point of publicly debating this shit if not to bringing ridicule upon oneself and perhaps for the enjoyment of the thought exercise?

Spoiler:
    His name was Seth Rich.

Edit:
    Meh why not, fuck it, what could be more entertaining and ridiculous than discussing conspiracy theories on FHC?

Trolling.
    Last edited by Neoo Gabriel; September 12 2017 at 01:14:14 AM.

I post on FHC thats already setting the bar quite low for ridicule thank you

Oh for fucks sake and here I thought this thread couldn't get more retarded now you're taking those cunts seriously.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mandatory:

Spiders. Fukken knew it.

FHC: This is FHC thread #87 for the position of Conspiracy Nut. The candidate has refused to give his real name and has only provided the name "Irrelephant."

Irrelephant: That's right, I ain't telling you nothing. My name is the name I call myself not the rank and number the government brands on me, no sir.

FHC: Fascinating. Mister, um, Irrelephant, would you mind telling me why you're distrustful of the government?

Irrelephant: I've seen what they do. Gum up the works with red tape and bureaucracy, take every hard earned cent and use it to fund their Illuminati free mason sex parties. I'm a free man! I should be able to live as I see fit! My posts pay for this forum and threads and posters. I'll say what I want!

FHC: Sir, according to this you haven't posted much in many years...

Irrelephant: I seen the back of them McDonald's boxes! "Not for consumption?" Don't you tell me what to do, I'll eat what I want!

FHC: Sir, you may just be the perfect candidate. How would you like to be the new Conspiracy Nut for FHC?

Irrelephant: I ain't wearing no goddamn tie. Or pants.
    Last edited by Maximillian; September 12 2017 at 03:37:25 AM.

The Manhattan Project wasn't an exactly super well kept secret.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/secrets-of-th...eri-1626524763

Since September 1943, investigations were conducted of more than 1,500 'loose talk' or leakage of information cases and corrective action was taken in more than 1,200 violations of procedures for handling classified material…. Complete security of information could be achieved only by following all leaks to their source.
    So using the Manhattan Project as a standard for keeping secrets is hilarious.

And compartmentalization of information is generally very good security policy. But as Snowden has shown, it's not standard policy for US intelligence agencies. He was given Top Secret clearance and had access to tons of documents that had nothing to do with his job.

Tapapapatalk
    Last edited by Joe Appleby; September 12 2017 at 05:51:18 AM.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Since September 1943, investigations were conducted of more than 1,500 'loose talk' or leakage of information cases and corrective action was taken in more than 1,200 violations of procedures for handling classified material…. Complete security of information could be achieved only by following all leaks to their source.

And compartmentalization of information is generally very good security policy. But as Snowden has shown, it's not standard policy for US intelligence agencies. He was given Top Secret clearance and had access to tons of documents that had nothing to do with his job.

Tapapapatalk
    And don't forget that the USSR knew what was going on thanks to a number of spies and traitors.

That is the other side of the coin: even if the US Government was able to keep its own members from leaking how do they stop the spies? Unless you are a believer in some one world shadow government crap there is no way that hostile governments would not use such information to bring down the US Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Tapapapatalk
    And don't forget that the USSR knew what was going on thanks to a number of spies and traitors.

That is the other side of the coin: even if the US Government was able to keep its own members from leaking how do they stop the spies? Unless you are a believer in some one world shadow government crap there is no way that hostile governments would not use such information to bring down the US Government.
    We're talking conspiracy shitters here, of course they'd believe that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Tapapapatalk

Oh yeah, I can totally imagine it happening:

A deep cover agent of the KGB in Washington D.C. has furnished substantial proof that pedophilia is used within the American government as a means to blackmail power brokers to toe the line decided by powerful entrenched interests, which some call the Deep State. So Putin decides that he is going to destroy America by releasing this information publicly. Big press conference and there are pictures, videos, recordings, documents spanning years and incriminating well known politicians.

Everyone promptly believes this at face value, right? Assume for the sake of argument that the evidence was really true. Would anyone believe it? Maybe some would take note and start their own investigations... But for the majority it would be an obvious farce, and even more an incredibly big lie. Moreover there could be retaliations... Assassination attempts on Putin and his family (no one is immortal), or release of damning evidence on his own government and allies.

Maybe North Korea then? Right, it would be called the most elaborate fantasy concoction ever published.

Some conspiracies are obviously the creation of lunatics and schizophrenics, but others are spread by hearsay and built upon. Take for example the Echelon theory of mass surveillance that exists since the late nineties:

The American government spies on a significant percentage of all global communications. Some of it is conducted through live scanning of phone conversations/lines, or capture of EM signals through antennas, or even by parsing unencrypted email and the internet through the use of covert electronic equipment attached to the communications infrastructure of the planet.

I remember when this used to be considered just another conspiracy theory, based on lots of hearsay, witnesses, conjecture and loose circumstantial evidence. Total bullshit that most people ignored... until a substantial cache of verifiable evidence was brought forward by Edward Snowden, validating some of the conspiracy theory and even adding even more capabilities to the surveillance machine. Suddenly it became conspiracy fact.

Finally I want to bring up the point that "someone would have talked about it." This happens all the time about a very large number of conspiracies. It happened with Echelon and others, and even take for example the UK government pedophile network, or the pizzagate shit that has a lot of circumstantial evidence, hearsay, conjecture, witnesses etc. Is it a Canonical Truth? Hardly, because there isn't any publicly available verifiable evidence of the claimed deeds.

As a thought experiment, if someone you know came to you and said that he has worked for years for a government agency and his job is to airbrush extraterrestrial flying saucers from released satellite reconnaissance pictures, but provided you no physical evidence, would you take it at face value and accept it as Truth that UFOs roam the planet? I would hope not, but that would be someone "talking about it" yet the integrity of the secret operation would remain intact.

Now, don't go believing in reptilians shape-shifting into bankers, that the holocaust didn't happen, mind control lasers or blood libel. I just wanted to point out that not all CTs are batshit insane, and some (very few) are quite likely.