hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1984 of 2098 FirstFirst ... 98414841884193419741981198219831984198519861987199420342084 ... LastLast
Results 39,661 to 39,680 of 41950

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Smarnca is actually a satirical alt account, yes? I mean actual people aren't really that consistently wrong.
    Nope.

He's a genuine person.

But not genuinely that retarded. Just trolling.

Hard.

Tapapapatalk

Edit: which is admirable considering the consistency.
    From what people who've played Eve with him have said, he's actually that thick

Like, literal sub 90 IQ thick

I mean, he's also being deliberately retarded but when you're this consistent at it you might as well just treat him like he's actually developmentally challenged
    So he is like an average black person?
    Ok I admit it I laughed. Do I zeig heil now?

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Btw merry 9/11 Americans! I hope you'll never again have a president as mad as George W. Bush
    Bush did 9-11. Look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Btw merry 9/11 Americans! I hope you'll never again have a president as mad as George W. Bush
    The rabbit hole is deep....

You are assigning an awful lot of competence to people that never really showed any.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    You are assigning an awful lot of competence to people that never really showed any.

Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: How do we know the CIA didn't kill Kennedy?
    A: He's dead, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Reminds me of the old joke:

Q: How do we know the CIA didn't kill Kennedy?
    A: He's dead, isn't he?

Smuggo
    The only reasonable basis to that Conspiracy theory would be that the Bush just let it happen despite knowing about it, rather than actually orchestrating it which would be beyond the capability of most politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    The only reasonable basis to that Conspiracy theory would be that the Bush just let it happen despite knowing about it, rather than actually orchestrating it which would be beyond the capability of most politicians.
    Anyone who thinks someone wouldn't have talked by now doesn't understand Americans, but I agree that is the only reasonable hypothesis in terms of scope of a conspiracy.
    meh

Smuggo
    Anyone who thinks someone wouldn't have talked by now doesn't understand Americans, but I agree that is the only reasonable hypothesis in terms of scope of a conspiracy.
    Well there's also the confusing aftermath where revenge for an attack by Saudi Arabians was sought by attacking two completely different countries...

That he took advantage of the political climate after 9/11, sure. Believing people could have been aware in advance and let it happen, with no real supporting evidence, is just a disgustingly jaded world view.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Well there's also the confusing aftermath where revenge for an attack by Saudi Arabians was sought by attacking two completely different countries...
    Going after Bin Laden was legit, but we should have finished the job and gotten the fuck out before the ever war against a word and Bush chasing daddy's ghost issues in Iraq that the rest of the neocons happily followed to enrich themselves.
    meh

Smuggo
    There was never any possibility of a good outcome in Afghanistan. The soviets tried it for years and couldn't tame the country.

Whereas thinking about how all these Saudis got their mad ideas and then realising Saudi Arabia is a mad religious shithole which encourages its citizens to hate its supposed ally and maybe the world wouldn't be so shit.

Still not too late to go in and execute the Saudi Royals mind.

Well, we could have implemented the "Kill everyone in Afghanistan" option. That would tame the country. Anything else wouldn't work, no one likes being conquered.

Since claiming free speech while saying terminally retarded shit is all the rage, Comcast decided to jump on the bandwagon:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...t-rights.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Since claiming free speech while saying terminally retarded shit is all the rage, Comcast decided to jump on the bandwagon:

While I do agree that Vermont cannot legally force Comcast to install anything, let alone 500 miles of broadband cabling, they do have a far better means of getting this done. Mainly being that they can threaten Comcasts business as a whole in Vermont by 1) offering tax incentives & fast tracking permits to any company that is willing to construct the network and 2) enacting eminent domain upon the utility pole & conduit lines that Comcast owns to facilitate in point 1. I mean why further entrench Comcast when you can actually create some competition.

There was never any possibility of a good outcome in Afghanistan. The Macedons, Persians, Hindus, Mongols, Mughals, British and the Soviets tried it for years and couldn't tame the country.
    FYP

And I left out a few.
    nevar forget

quite, i remember what one of the anti-war folks around here said mostly because it became a bit of a meme "so, that country beat the man who at the age of 30 ruled most of the known world, what chance do you think a army that haven't fought a serious conflict since 1964 has?"
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

While I do agree that Vermont cannot legally force Comcast to install anything, let alone 500 miles of broadband cabling, they do have a far better means of getting this done. Mainly being that they can threaten Comcasts business as a whole in Vermont by 1) offering tax incentives & fast tracking permits to any company that is willing to construct the network and 2) enacting eminent domain upon the utility pole & conduit lines that Comcast owns to facilitate in point 1. I mean why further entrench Comcast when you can actually create some competition.
    It's a symptom of the Net Neutrality war and Big ISP (Comcast, Time Warner, AT&T, etc) refusing to give up the fight to prevent becoming a utility and thus subject to federal regulation. They're scared shitless of becoming a modern day Standard Oil vs United States.

And from what I understand of the dispute, Vermont legally contracted them, Comcast is attempting to break contract/renege on it completely in order to not uphold it. Comcast has the funding and resources to do it. They just don't want to. And in many areas (I'm in one affected, down in the South), they're the only ISP provider you can get due to control over the phone line infrastructure network.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    There was never any possibility of a good outcome in Afghanistan. The Macedons, Persians, Hindus, Mongols, Mughals, British and the Soviets tried it for years and couldn't tame the country.
    FYP

And I left out a few.
    By Macedonians, do you mean Alexander the Great?

Cause it was a bunch of Indians that stopped him, and mutinous soldiers on top of that. Not Arabians.