hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2006 of 2037 FirstFirst ... 1006150619061956199620032004200520062007200820092016 ... LastLast
Results 40,101 to 40,120 of 40724

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    While highly amusing former President Fox's joke is likely to reinforce the POV that certain parts of the US population has that they are being taken over by Mexicans.

It reminds me of when Obama spoke up against Brexit and his intervention lead to a bounce for the leave campaigners.

After all, the Russian hacking saga is people being upset that a foreign power would dare to intervene in US politics (the USA has a patent on that), so even as a joke a lot of people will not welcome perceived interference from Mexico.

It's all bullshit of course but when facts don't matter any more perception is everything.
    People "intervene" in our politics all the time, and we "intervene" in theirs. Mexico and mexican politicians have been shouting about immigration for ages.

The Butthurt is because of hacking, and because it in any measure helped cause Clinton to lose.

What I always find most interesting is that nothing that was hacked/leaked was ever really denounced/claimed to be untrue. It was just politically damaging truth.
    Of course everyone is fine with foreign intervention when it is helping their side, it's only a problem when it helps the other side.

I suspect that the Russian's have buyer's remorse about now.

I find this ability of people who should be on the winning side of politics to piss it all away and lose - snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - astounding.

After - to my amazement but given Brexit and Trump I really should admit that I am shit at predicting this stuff - our High Court allowed the joke of a postal plebiscite on same-sex marriage to go ahead I assumed that the Yes campaign had it in the bag as polls consistently showed 66-75% support.

Suddenly the Yes campaign is in panic mode because not only support for Yes is waning but given that for once you are not forced to vote, intended participation rates are also falling.

So how did it come to this?

You could say that the polls are wrong.

But equally the problem is that parts of the Yes Campaign have behaved in a way that you'd expect the No campaign to behave.

The problem with that is part of the Yes campaign's appeal was that their religious conservative opponents are a bunch of cunts.

But people expect cunts to behave like cunts.

The problem is that many on the Yes side are also behaving like cunts. This puts people off, a number who have no strong opinion about same-sex marriage but have a definite opinion about cunts.

I still expect Yes to win but it won't be the emphatic victory that would guarantee that parliament does its damned job and passes the legislation to make same-sex marriage legal.

The moral of the story? Don't behave like cunts until after you have won if you are the side claiming the moral high ground.
    Last edited by Maximillian; September 10 2017 at 12:47:36 PM.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

Of course everyone is fine with foreign intervention when it is helping their side, it's only a problem when it helps the other side.

I suspect that the Russian's have buyer's remorse about now.

I find this ability of people who should be on the winning side of politics to piss it all away and lose - snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - astounding.

After - to my amazement but given Brexit and Trump I really should admit that I am shit at predicting this stuff - our High Court allowed the joke of a postal plebiscite on same-sex marriage to go ahead I assumed that the Yes campaign had it in the bag as polls consistently showed 66-75% support.

Suddenly the Yes campaign is in panic mode because not only support for Yes is waning but given that for once you are not forced to vote, intended participation rates are also falling.

So how did it come to this?

You could say that the polls are wrong.

But equally the problem is that parts of the Yes Campaign have behaved in a way that you'd expect the No campaign to behave.

The problem with that is part of the Yes campaign's appeal was that their religious conservative opponents are a bunch of cunts.

But people expect cunts to behave like cunts.

The problem is that many on the Yes side are also behaving like cunts. This puts people off, a number who have no strong opinion about same-sex marriage but have a definite opinion about cunts.

I still expect Yes to win but it won't be the emphatic victory that would guarantee that parliament does its damned job and passes the legislation to make same-sex marriage legal.

The moral of the story? Don't behave like cunts until after you have won if you are the side claiming the moral high ground.
    I don't expect everyone to remember everything posted, big ass thread matey.

Shit shit shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Epic level of trolling from the former President of Mexico Vicente Fox.

I laughed my silly gringo ass off. Donald. Fucking. Trump .l..
    fucking

amazing

Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    (not sorry)
    Broken

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Broken
    I thought it was broken.

From a happier time

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Needs a swastika tattoo shopped onto his forehead tbh

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...l-trump-242522

Bannon working on primaries now. Will be fun to watch.

Bannon 2018
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Actually there was no media lynch because he was a darkie and it would make them waycist

Smarnca is actually a satirical alt account, yes? I mean actual people aren't really that consistently wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Smarnca is actually a satirical alt account, yes? I mean actual people aren't really that consistently wrong.
    Nope.

He's a genuine person.

But not genuinely that retarded. Just trolling.

Hard.

Tapapapatalk

Edit: which is admirable considering the consistency.
    nevar forget

Btw merry 9/11 Americans! I hope you'll never again have a president as mad as George W. Bush
    Last edited by Smarnca; September 11 2017 at 12:12:30 PM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Nope.

He's a genuine person.

Hard.

Tapapapatalk

From what people who've played Eve with him have said, he's actually that thick

Like, literal sub 90 IQ thick

I mean, he's also being deliberately retarded but when you're this consistent at it you might as well just treat him like he's actually developmentally challenged

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Nope.

He's a genuine person.

Hard.

Tapapapatalk

I mean, he's also being deliberately retarded but when you're this consistent at it you might as well just treat him like he's actually developmentally challenged
    So he is like an average black person?
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Nope.

He's a genuine person.

Hard.

Tapapapatalk

Who played eve with me?

Also look who's talking

I just assume everyone on this forum is sub 90s IQ.. I mean I know I am and most of you dont seem any smarter than me..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.