hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1975 of 2098 FirstFirst ... 97514751875192519651972197319741975197619771978198520252075 ... LastLast
Results 39,481 to 39,500 of 41954

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

  1. #39481
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Two lawyers and a known troll trying to corner keckers on our forum about capitalism.

    Enviado do meu SM-G900F através de Tapatalk
    What's there to corner? It's a self-destructive system unsuited to the management of our planet and its environment. Is it likely to go away? Not in the foreseeable future, no, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't call attention to the absurdity and injustice of the system at every opportunity.
    Are we talking about Communism or Capitalism now?
    Obviously not a lawyer with those reading comp skills.

  2. #39482
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Two lawyers and a known troll trying to corner keckers on our forum about capitalism.

    Enviado do meu SM-G900F através de Tapatalk
    What's there to corner? It's a self-destructive system unsuited to the management of our planet and its environment. Is it likely to go away? Not in the foreseeable future, no, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't call attention to the absurdity and injustice of the system at every opportunity.
    Are we talking about Communism or Capitalism now?
    Obviously not a lawyer with those reading comp skills.
    I'm being bullied for not being a capitalist enabler ;_;

  3. #39483

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    -1, Malediction
    Posts
    11,834




  4. #39484
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,249
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post

    The SPLC publishes their kill list online and no one seem upset.
    Except they're often just upset for the sake of being upset.
    Holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  5. #39485

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,434
    The only reason communism hasn't spent the last 30 years fucking our planet, is because it lost.

  6. #39486

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Two lawyers and a known troll trying to corner keckers on our forum about capitalism.

    Enviado do meu SM-G900F através de Tapatalk
    What's there to corner? It's a self-destructive system unsuited to the management of our planet and its environment.
    Obviously, the solution is to send all socialists into space.

  7. #39487
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    The only reason communism hasn't spent the last 30 years fucking our planet, is because it lost.
    So instead the planet gets fucked by capitalism! Yaaaay!

  8. #39488
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,620
    The planet is still being fucked by communism.

    Take the Aral Sea for example. Changes diverting water to grow cotton under the USSR have forever changed the Central Asian Climate.

  9. #39489

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    -1, Malediction
    Posts
    11,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    The only reason communism hasn't spent the last 30 years fucking our planet, is because it lost.
    So instead the planet gets fucked by capitalism! Yaaaay!
    Why does it have to be so extreme one way or the other?

    Why not aim for setting the "mix" of our various mixed economies a bit differently?

    You'll certainly get a lot more support for that than for going full Stalin.




  10. #39490
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The planet is still being fucked by communism.

    Take the Aral Sea for example. Changes diverting water to grow cotton under the USSR have forever changed the Central Asian Climate.
    We are fast approaching a Venus lite climate driven by the unchecked exploitation of fossil fuels and yet you crow about the Aral Sea.

    About 6.5 million people a year die from particulates and air pollution. If it was communism, we wouldn't hear the end of it from our resident °centrists°

    The absolute state of this post.

  11. #39491
    pesadelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    Two lawyers and a known troll trying to corner keckers on our forum about capitalism.

    Enviado do meu SM-G900F através de Tapatalk
    What's there to corner? It's a self-destructive system unsuited to the management of our planet and its environment. Is it likely to go away? Not in the foreseeable future, no, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't call attention to the absurdity and injustice of the system at every opportunity.
    Kekers is a capitalist now ?

  12. #39492

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The planet is still being fucked by communism.

    Take the Aral Sea for example. Changes diverting water to grow cotton under the USSR have forever changed the Central Asian Climate.
    But it changed for the better, right? Just like the Great Gorge Dam in China provided all the space for watersports recreation?

  13. #39493
    SAI Peregrinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13, 2011
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    The only reason communism hasn't spent the last 30 years fucking our planet, is because it lost.
    So instead the planet gets fucked by capitalism! Yaaaay!
    Why does it have to be so extreme one way or the other?

    Why not aim for setting the "mix" of our various mixed economies a bit differently?

    You'll certainly get a lot more support for that than for going full Stalin.
    Because that would make sense.

  14. #39494

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

    About a million people a year die from particulates and air pollution.
    The fact that most of those deaths occur in Russia and China is a pure coincidence.

  15. #39495
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

    About a million people a year die from particulates and air pollution.
    The fact that most of those deaths occur in Russia and China is a pure coincidence.
    Bastions of socialism to be sure.

    Also, replace Russia with Hungary. The rest of Europe isn't far behind on some metrics.
    Last edited by Pattern; September 8 2017 at 04:58:43 PM.

  16. #39496
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The planet is still being fucked by communism.

    Take the Aral Sea for example. Changes diverting water to grow cotton under the USSR have forever changed the Central Asian Climate.
    We are fast approaching a Venus lite climate driven by the unchecked exploitation of fossil fuels and yet you crow about the Aral Sea.

    About 6.5 million people a year die from particulates and air pollution. If it was communism, we wouldn't hear the end of it from our resident °centrists°

    The absolute state of this post.
    No, exactly the same things would happen under communism (because they were far less concerned about environment vs. development) but you wouldn't hear about it because the state would punish anyone who spoke up or protested.

    Because that is exactly what happen in the USSR and is still occurring in China although that is thankfully breaking down (and you can't hide killer smog covering your cities very easily).

  17. #39497
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

    About a million people a year die from particulates and air pollution.
    The fact that most of those deaths occur in Russia and China is a pure coincidence.
    Bastions of socialism to be sure.

    Also, replace Russia with Hungary. The rest of Europe isn't far behind on some metrics.
    It's all a capitalist plot!


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  18. #39498
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The planet is still being fucked by communism.

    Take the Aral Sea for example. Changes diverting water to grow cotton under the USSR have forever changed the Central Asian Climate.
    We are fast approaching a Venus lite climate driven by the unchecked exploitation of fossil fuels and yet you crow about the Aral Sea.

    About 6.5 million people a year die from particulates and air pollution. If it was communism, we wouldn't hear the end of it from our resident °centrists°

    The absolute state of this post.
    No, exactly the same things would happen under communism (because they were far less concerned about environment vs. development) but you wouldn't hear about it because the state would punish anyone who spoke up or protested.

    Because that is exactly what happen in the USSR and is still occurring in China although that is thankfully breaking down (and you can't hide killer smog covering your cities very easily).
    And it was the magic of American capitalism that made sure the west breathed easy.

    Get a fucking grip.

  19. #39499
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    The planet is still being fucked by communism.

    Take the Aral Sea for example. Changes diverting water to grow cotton under the USSR have forever changed the Central Asian Climate.
    We are fast approaching a Venus lite climate driven by the unchecked exploitation of fossil fuels and yet you crow about the Aral Sea.

    About 6.5 million people a year die from particulates and air pollution. If it was communism, we wouldn't hear the end of it from our resident °centrists°

    The absolute state of this post.
    No, exactly the same things would happen under communism (because they were far less concerned about environment vs. development) but you wouldn't hear about it because the state would punish anyone who spoke up or protested.

    Because that is exactly what happen in the USSR and is still occurring in China although that is thankfully breaking down (and you can't hide killer smog covering your cities very easily).
    And it was the magic of American capitalism that made sure the west breathed easy.

    Get a fucking grip.
    No. it was the magic of DEMOCRACY!!!!

    Capitalism will effect environment change when it makes sense in profit terms to do so. Coal as a method of generating power is doomed not because of international treaties and government action (although that speeds things up), but because you can now set up renewable generation at a lesser cost than building new coal-fired power plants.

    Once batteries become widespread coal is dead as even the base load function is gone.

    People are doing this not just to save the planet but because they stand to make big wads of cash.

  20. #39500
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,276
    When batteries become widespread...

    I laughed.

    Gas fired power plants are cheaper than renewables and will be for decades.

    From opium and tobacco industries to modern day coal, the power of capitalism to allow products and processes (especially because of power of democracy) to cling on way beyond the point of social good is astonishing.

    And yet here we are, tearing down soviet memes and convincing people that gulags are the real problem in today's society.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •