hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1971 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 97114711871192119611968196919701971197219731974198120212071 ... LastLast
Results 39,401 to 39,420 of 41988

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Trump is save as long as he retains his base. The GOP may hate Trump but they fear the backlash that would come from his supporters if they turn on him.

So nothing will happen before the mid-terms.

Most likely there will be a concerted push for Trump not to stand for a second term. Trump has a history of getting bored easily and he thought that being President was like a part-time job. So convincing Trump to declare himself the greatest president every before huffing off is their best bet atm.
    They probably shouldn't fear it right now TBH.. I mean if they get rid of him now there will be a shitstorm for a bit, but the next election is how far away? All but the most diehard people will have forgotten about it by then (ie, not enough to really do much next election).
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Trump is save as long as he retains his base. The GOP may hate Trump but they fear the backlash that would come from his supporters if they turn on him.

Most likely there will be a concerted push for Trump not to stand for a second term. Trump has a history of getting bored easily and he thought that being President was like a part-time job. So convincing Trump to declare himself the greatest president every before huffing off is their best bet atm.
    They probably shouldn't fear it right now TBH.. I mean if they get rid of him now there will be a shitstorm for a bit, but the next election is how far away? All but the most diehard people will have forgotten about it by then (ie, not enough to really do much next election).
    The mid-term house elections are next year, so there is no way the anger would die down by then.

And while everyones' eyes are glued to the TRump shit show the GOP in the background are busy repealing regulations, defunding programs, and doing their paymasters' bidding while no one is noticing.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Former Dem IT staffer who fled country to return to US, face charges
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34...o-face-charges

Wife of Imran Awan is coming back to the US, wonder what kind of a deal the two of them have made.

They got to have lots of dirt on Wasserman Schultz.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

The midterms are in November 2018 during which all members of Congress and a third of the Senate is up for re-election. So about 15 months from now until the election with campaigns starting considerably before that.

Bill Clinton's impeachment took ~5 months from the Judiciary Committee voting for an impeachment investigation to the final vote in the Senate. That was after ~9 months of grand jury investigation.

What do you think the impeachment charges would be?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Former Dem IT staffer who fled country to return to US, face charges
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34...o-face-charges

Wife of Imran Awan is coming back to the US, wonder what kind of a deal the two of them have made.

They got to have lots of dirt on Wasserman Schultz.
    This destroys your "They were selling info to Pakistan" theory though does it? If they were spies, even with the best deal in the world they'd be spending decades in prison and who would turn themselves in for that?

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    This destroys your "They were selling info to Pakistan" theory though does it? If they were spies, even with the best deal in the world they'd be spending decades in prison and who would turn themselves in for that?
    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...an#post1704523

I never said they sold info to Pakistan, just that they got money for some reason.

Considering they got 4 times as high a salary as would have been normal, even for those family members that didn't do any work, it seems they provided some kind of shady service.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...an#post1704523

I never said they sold info to Pakistan, just that they got money for some reason.

Considering they got 4 times as high a salary as would have been normal, even for those family members that didn't do any work, it seems they provided some kind of shady service.
    The salary thing isnt a mystery, it's just a mistatement. That was their income but they werent paid a full time salary by anyone, they were paid montly retainers by 30 senators that in aggregate added up to 4x a full time IT staffer salary. That's just the benefit of being external-contractor rather than on the payroll in a salaried position - the more senators who sign them up the higher their "salary" (which is not in fact a salary)

Were they being overpaid? Perhaps. But also perhaps not. If each of those senators went through an external agency they'd have been paying at least that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post

The midterms are in November 2018 during which all members of Congress and a third of the Senate is up for re-election. So about 15 months from now until the election with campaigns starting considerably before that.

Bill Clinton's impeachment took ~5 months from the Judiciary Committee voting for an impeachment investigation to the final vote in the Senate. That was after ~9 months of grand jury investigation.

What do you think the impeachment charges would be?
    Also don't forget the Tea Party. I honestly think that was the harbinger of things to come with the base getting really really ducking angry at being fed ideology by GOP politicians who never walked the walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok.. who broke Duckslayer? own up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    DIRECT RULE FROM LONDON!

It was me. See Political [Correctness] thread.

His mask has slipped and his true right-wing-communazi nature has been revealed.

Social Justice Lawyer and political leading figure Lallante Esq

Heil D'Slayer!
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    It was me. See Political [Correctness] thread.

His mask has slipped and his true right-wing-communazi nature has been revealed.
    I am not, and never have been, a man of the right. My position was on the left and is now in the centre of politics.
    I know that I'm just winding you up (because you get stuff on gender wrong in just the same way as even some of our left wing grandparents did on sexuality)

Oswald Mosley didn't do get anything wrong

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    "questionably fascist"

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    "questionably fascist"
    The Blackshirt is a revolutionary dedicated to the service of our country. We must always possess the character of the true revolutionary. It is not the character that you observe in the little men of the old parties, blown hither and thither by every gust of convenience opinion, elated by a little success, downcast by a little failure, gossiping and chattering about the prospects of the next five minutes, jostling for place, but not so forward in service. Without loyalty, endurance, or staying power, such a character is the hallmark of financial democratic politics.
    As a joke, this is in fucking poor taste. If you're being serious though, I can only wish you debilitating brain cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    "questionably fascist"
    The Blackshirt is a revolutionary dedicated to the service of our country. We must always possess the character of the true revolutionary. It is not the character that you observe in the little men of the old parties, blown hither and thither by every gust of convenience opinion, elated by a little success, downcast by a little failure, gossiping and chattering about the prospects of the next five minutes, jostling for place, but not so forward in service. Without loyalty, endurance, or staying power, such a character is the hallmark of financial democratic politics.
    As a joke, this is in fucking poor taste. If you're being serious though, I can only wish you debilitating brain cancer.
    No joke friend. Today i was made aware that i was a right winger and thus im just embracing my true nature, as told to me by my better.
    Does wishing someone debilitating brain cancer not undermine you being an arbiter of what is in poor taste a tad?
    I think wishing brain cancer on the supporters of an ideology as hateful as your joke, while pointless and in poor taste, is still far more benign that the subject of such sentiments and their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Smuggo
    "questionably fascist"
    No joke friend. Today i was made aware that i was a right winger and thus im just embracing my true nature, as told to me by my better.
    Does wishing someone debilitating brain cancer not undermine you being an arbiter of what is in poor taste a tad?
    I think wishing brain cancer on the supporters of an ideology as hateful as your joke, while pointless and in poor taste, is still far more benign that the subject of such sentiments and their ideas.
    Makes you sound as bad as them TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Europeans conquered literally the entire world and were the most advanced civilization before they have spread their technology around the world. How can you claim they werent/arent racialy superior?
    That comment reminds me of the recent event (German article) were a NPD (Germany's "official" (neo-)nazi party) town mayor candidate was asked*), if Arabian numbers should be banned and he answered "Hell, yes! Just wait 'til I'm elected."

*) the question was asked by a member of the party DIE PARTEI, which is a satire party that's officially registered and on the ballots.

"questionably fascist"

meight