hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1989 of 2037 FirstFirst ... 989148918891939197919861987198819891990199119921999 ... LastLast
Results 39,761 to 39,780 of 40724

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Anyways, i cant be arsed to try to trace back the convoluted, half-said oneliners that mean we MUST call Steph a closet facist, or else be one ourselves. It seems to me that that is part of what the second video decries, and i feel free to agree with the specific point.
    For me it's this point: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...=1#post1712065
    How the hell is that in any way fascist? I may not agree with the premise of his post, and more or less agree with your post there, Aea, but that still doesn't make it fascist.

I feel as if you guys have taken the word and decided it is a fitting label for anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Meanwhile, as somebody from a country who was split up between fascist Italy, and nazi Germany during WW2, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Steph admitted to being a neo-nazi at some point. I suggested he should stop being a nazi.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I tried to watch that and it came off as basically "HURR DURR DRUNKEN MONGOLOID GETS JIMMIE RUSTLED" to me.
    "Drunken Mongoloid" pretty accurately describes the Doc, I think. He'd probably agree.
    Watched that Doc video, what a fucking idiot. Seriously he is nitpicking and quibbling and often just completely missing the point. For example he spends a good several minutes fighting some bullshit strawman about the truth or untruth of part of the original video's definition of fascism...when the original video wasnt about whether those statements are true or not but rather that this (specifically belief that there is such a thing as "the white/aryan race" that is, and ought to remain, culturally unified) was what fascists believe and put importance on.

And WHY does he feel the need to defend or attack a particular definition of fascism? Surely he accepts that a) there is such a thing as fascism and thus there is a definition of fascism, and b) if you want to identify fascists the best and most accurate way is to determine whether they hold necessarily fascist beliefs?

And then he launches into a fake-edit of the underlying video and I lose track of what point he is trying to make.

And then he goes on to the standard "communists kill way more people than nazis" even though the original video mentions communism exactly zero times.

The rest of the video is just straw man after straw man (noone is saying "anyone who disavows fascism is a fascist", they are saying "anyone who is a fascist will likely still disavow fascism" - how the fuck he cant see this distinction is hard to understand).

PS: He is also quite obviously faking being "really drunk" (seriously, its like watching a bad teenage actor playing at being drunk, complete with over the top swaying and faux-slurred words), which is just laughably pathetic.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 6 2017 at 01:20:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I tried to watch that and it came off as basically "HURR DURR DRUNKEN MONGOLOID GETS JIMMIE RUSTLED" to me.
    "Drunken Mongoloid" pretty accurately describes the Doc, I think. He'd probably agree.
    Watched that Doc video, what a fucking idiot. Seriously he is nitpicking and quibbling and often just completely missing the point. For example he spends a good several minutes fighting some bullshit strawman about the truth or untruth of part of the original video's definition of fascism...when the original video wasnt about whether those statements are true or not but rather that this (specifically belief that there is such a thing as "the white/aryan race" that is, and ought to remain, culturally unified) was what fascists believe and put importance on.

And WHY does he feel the need to defend or attack a particular definition of fascism? Surely he accepts that a) there is such a thing as fascism and thus there is a definition of fascism, and b) if you want to identify fascists the best and most accurate way is to determine whether they hold necessarily fascist beliefs?

And then he launches into a fake-edit of the underlying video and I lose track of what point he is trying to make.

PS: He is also quite obviously faking being "really drunk" (seriously, its like watching a bad teenage actor playing at being drunk, complete with over the top swaying and faux-slurred words), which is just laughably pathetic.
    I don't think he cares and neither does the maker of the original video. It's all just entertaining people who already agree with them.

I thought I'd seen the lowest level of discourse when it was atheists vs creationists on youtube in 2008 but this is probably worse.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Anyways, i cant be arsed to try to trace back the convoluted, half-said oneliners that mean we MUST call Steph a closet facist, or else be one ourselves. It seems to me that that is part of what the second video decries, and i feel free to agree with the specific point.
    How the hell is that in any way fascist? I may not agree with the premise of his post, and more or less agree with your post there, Aea, but that still doesn't make it fascist.

I feel as if you guys have taken the word and decided it is a fitting label for anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Meanwhile, as somebody from a country who was split up between fascist Italy, and nazi Germany during WW2, I can't help but feel disappointed.
    Your 100% correct of course, but between stephs overactive persecution complex, his insistence of defending the indefensible, and attacking (the media? the left? anyone not giving sanctuary to nazi ideology?) - I'm half expecting his next statement to be, "but some of my best friends are black."

Meanwhile, we have actual misogynists, white nationalists or worse ITT. (if my neg rep comments are anything to go by)
    Last edited by Pattern; September 6 2017 at 01:21:01 PM.

Wait, that's it? That's the thing that makes me a fascist?

What the actual fuck.

I guess I'm sort of relieved, I was starting to wonder if I'd got really drunk and posted about gassing the Jews or something and just didn't remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I don't think he cares and neither does the maker of the original video. It's all just entertaining people who already agree with them.

I thought I'd seen the lowest level of discourse when it was atheists vs creationists on youtube in 2008 but this is probably worse.
    The original video changed or at least nuanced my views on several of these topics so I'm not sure its "just" preaching to the choir. I certainly don't accept its a "low level of discourse". Watch it again and give me some specific bits - the thing that attracted me to it (when I normally hate ranty preaching), was that it was very precise and nuanced in its claims.

Doc's video didnt have any cohesive point to it except "fuck anyone on the left who opposes fascism" (or perhaps "fuck anyone who cares enough about anything to be an activist?" with a massive caveat for "anti-SJW activists" like himself presumably?)..... with a fairly clear and nasty undertone of transphobia in his epithet choices.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 6 2017 at 01:26:17 PM.

I mean no. But playing the victim in this place got it. I never called you a nazi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean no. But playing the victim in this place got it. I never called you a nazi.

I'm super confused now. The way I read the post you made before this was to call Steph a fascist for some post telling you you need to name your callouts. Is that not what you meant?

I think the closest I got was when i accidentally lumped him in with smarnca's edgeposting about the guy running protesters over, even though he was being mildly dismissive of it. I even explicitly apologized for that one later.

But no, he's a poor poor victim. Which is btw another thing "nazis" like to do to try and turn the conversation around so it's pretty funny he manages to fall into it yet again.

The original video changed or at least nuanced my views on several of these topics so I'm not sure its "just" preaching to the choir. I certainly don't accept its a "low level of discourse". Watch it again and give me some specific bits - the thing that attracted me to it (when I normally hate ranty preaching), was that it was very precise and nuanced in its claims.

Doc's video didnt have any cohesive point to it except "fuck anyone on the left who opposes fascism" (or perhaps "fuck anyone who cares enough about anything to be an activist?" with a massive caveat for "anti-SJW activists" like himself presumably?)..... with a fairly clear and nasty undertone of transphobia in his epithet choices.
    Afaik she does manage to convince people now and then to give a second thought at what they're saying and seems to be fairly successful at showing the cracks. Sure it's also entertainment but it's pretty solid message wise.
    Last edited by Isyel; September 6 2017 at 01:30:53 PM.

Sir Richard Branson has taken shelter in his wine bunker on his private island. Irma may be the end of Richard Branson.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.3472872

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Just because I'm putting the E in Edgy doesnt mean I don't understand how weather works.. I'm sure me posting on the internet from work about this is making those peoples lives a million times worse and I really should stop, but its fun making peoples lives worse form the comfort of my office.
    I know you don't care but I am legitimately offended. It's a bit beyond the pale especially when the vast majority of the deaths from this storm aren't even going to be Americans but hey whatever it takes to make a cheap political point right? I'm not gonna engage this further but yeah it's in seriously poor taste.

I'm super confused now. The way I read the post you made before this was to call Steph a fascist for some post telling you you need to name your callouts. Is that not what you meant?
    Nah mate I just named an origin point. You gotta keep reading. Probably a dozen or two pages. Have fun.

Nah mate I just named an origin point. You gotta keep reading. Probably a dozen or two pages. Have fun.
    No I already read that when it was new, it was dumb then and I don't think it's got any less dumb

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Your name isn't lallante though.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

I'm pretty sure Contra cares mate

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Seriously though, this pisses me off. Those cunts want the government to measure people by dollars instead of measuring people by people.
    Welcome to literally all of neoliberal ideology, and capitalism in general.

This is a top 5 post on /r/the_donald right now. Straight out of a dystopic science fiction

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...kv&sh=ca8d01d2
    And of course all that information is wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    This is a top 5 post on /r/the_donald right now. Straight out of a dystopic science fiction

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...kv&sh=ca8d01d2
    And of course all that information is wrong...
    Its the motivation behind it that is most scary. They genuinely think illegal immigrants are basically non-persons.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    NO DEPORTATION WITHOUT EXECUTION

The native Americans should think about kicking all the immigrants out. So basically almost all "Americans".