hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1966 of 2098 FirstFirst ... 96614661866191619561963196419651966196719681969197620162066 ... LastLast
Results 39,301 to 39,320 of 41954

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Absolutely smashing
    This is actually really good. It really unpicks all the standard centre and alt- right talking points.
    "Oblivious centrists picking up alt-right talking points" should be the title of this thread imo.
    I finally managed to give it a watch and thought bringing it back up might be a good idea, it is very good and feels like a straight up reading of a fair few people in these very threads. Our 'extreme centrists' might really want to have a careful watch tbfh.

I remember running into Contra a while ago while watching Hbomberguy, another really good youtuber at tearing this bullshit apart, although more into the 'youtube rationalist/sceptic' community. Never actually watched many videos though, might have to do more now.
    So I sat down and had a watch at this video and I thou-

>"I'm not a fascist" is exactly what a fascist would say

Is this satire?
    DoctorRandomercam felt the same way

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    This is a top 5 post on /r/the_donald right now. Straight out of a dystopic science fiction

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...kv&sh=ca8d01d2

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Not sure why this, of all things, is the one unique thing where kids "shouldn't suffer because of their parents". Kids suffer because of their parents decisions on a regular daily basis.

Also, love the implication that having to go to another country is akin to torture, or that kids who get moved to other countries are being child abused.

woowww

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I know there is important shit going down in the U.S., DACA and Irma but this shows the fundamental problem the U.S. has and why i call your nation a 3rd world nation.
    In short not only your health system is bad but also your infrastructure and care for people.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...atment-poverty
    From the article:
    The peer-reviewed research paper, published in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, focuses on Lowndes County, Alabama – the home state of US attorney general Jeff Sessions and a landmark region in the history*

Made my chuckle
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

This is a top 5 post on /r/the_donald right now. Straight out of a dystopic science fiction

Awesome. They should have the guts to print it and post it across the nation. That will show those evil Mexicans!

There are not enough psyducks and headdesks and facepalms in the world to describe politics in last two years...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Absolutely smashing
    This is actually really good. It really unpicks all the standard centre and alt- right talking points.
    "Oblivious centrists picking up alt-right talking points" should be the title of this thread imo.
    I finally managed to give it a watch and thought bringing it back up might be a good idea, it is very good and feels like a straight up reading of a fair few people in these very threads. Our 'extreme centrists' might really want to have a careful watch tbfh.

I remember running into Contra a while ago while watching Hbomberguy, another really good youtuber at tearing this bullshit apart, although more into the 'youtube rationalist/sceptic' community. Never actually watched many videos though, might have to do more now.

Is this satire?

I tried to watch that and it came off as basically "HURR DURR DRUNKEN MONGOLOID GETS JIMMIE RUSTLED" to me.

Is that thing real? As in being printed in US and distributed among people?

Something I saw on r/politics:

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    I'm not sure if it's good or bad that white house aids were saying they weren't sure if Trump knew what the full ramifications were. Is incompetence better than abject cruelty?
    Wasn't the clear from the get go? That he has no clue at all?

His presidency's motto is basically Hanlon's razor at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

I tried to watch that and it came off as basically "HURR DURR DRUNKEN MONGOLOID GETS JIMMIE RUSTLED" to me.
    On the other hand, i couldnt give a fuck about the original video but found this one pretty entertaining. I mean, traps arent gay? Lets be serious here for a second.

Anyways, i cant be arsed to try to trace back the convoluted, half-said oneliners that mean we MUST call Steph a closet facist, or else be one ourselves. It seems to me that that is part of what the second video decries, and i feel free to agree with the specific point.

This thread periodically devolves into a state where you need to say, put up or shut up. But noone ever puts up, because that leaves them vulnerable, and blood in the electronic water will surely draw the sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Absolutely smashing

Is this satire?

"Drunken Mongoloid" pretty accurately describes the Doc, I think. He'd probably agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Nbs that the posters who should most watch it can't stand it lmao

Hits a bit close to home?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Anyways, i cant be arsed to try to trace back the convoluted, half-said oneliners that mean we MUST call Steph a closet facist, or else be one ourselves. It seems to me that that is part of what the second video decries, and i feel free to agree with the specific point.
    For me it's this point: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...=1#post1712065

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    How the hell is that in any way fascist? I may not agree with the premise of his post, and more or less agree with your post there, Aea, but that still doesn't make it fascist.

I feel as if you guys have taken the word and decided it is a fitting label for anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Meanwhile, as somebody from a country who was split up between fascist Italy, and nazi Germany during WW2, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Smuggo
    Steph admitted to being a neo-nazi at some point. I suggested he should stop being a nazi.

"Drunken Mongoloid" pretty accurately describes the Doc, I think. He'd probably agree.
    Watched that Doc video, what a fucking idiot. Seriously he is nitpicking and quibbling and often just completely missing the point. For example he spends a good several minutes fighting some bullshit strawman about the truth or untruth of part of the original video's definition of fascism...when the original video wasnt about whether those statements are true or not but rather that this (specifically belief that there is such a thing as "the white/aryan race" that is, and ought to remain, culturally unified) was what fascists believe and put importance on.

And WHY does he feel the need to defend or attack a particular definition of fascism? Surely he accepts that a) there is such a thing as fascism and thus there is a definition of fascism, and b) if you want to identify fascists the best and most accurate way is to determine whether they hold necessarily fascist beliefs?

And then he launches into a fake-edit of the underlying video and I lose track of what point he is trying to make.

And then he goes on to the standard "communists kill way more people than nazis" even though the original video mentions communism exactly zero times.

The rest of the video is just straw man after straw man (noone is saying "anyone who disavows fascism is a fascist", they are saying "anyone who is a fascist will likely still disavow fascism" - how the fuck he cant see this distinction is hard to understand).

PS: He is also quite obviously faking being "really drunk" (seriously, its like watching a bad teenage actor playing at being drunk, complete with over the top swaying and faux-slurred words), which is just laughably pathetic.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 6 2017 at 02:20:34 PM.

Watched that Doc video, what a fucking idiot. Seriously he is nitpicking and quibbling and often just completely missing the point. For example he spends a good several minutes fighting some bullshit strawman about the truth or untruth of part of the original video's definition of fascism...when the original video wasnt about whether those statements are true or not but rather that this (specifically belief that there is such a thing as "the white/aryan race" that is, and ought to remain, culturally unified) was what fascists believe and put importance on.

And WHY does he feel the need to defend or attack a particular definition of fascism? Surely he accepts that a) there is such a thing as fascism and thus there is a definition of fascism, and b) if you want to identify fascists the best and most accurate way is to determine whether they hold necessarily fascist beliefs?

And then he launches into a fake-edit of the underlying video and I lose track of what point he is trying to make.

PS: He is also quite obviously faking being "really drunk" (seriously, its like watching a bad teenage actor playing at being drunk, complete with over the top swaying and faux-slurred words), which is just laughably pathetic.
    I don't think he cares and neither does the maker of the original video. It's all just entertaining people who already agree with them.

I thought I'd seen the lowest level of discourse when it was atheists vs creationists on youtube in 2008 but this is probably worse.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    How the hell is that in any way fascist? I may not agree with the premise of his post, and more or less agree with your post there, Aea, but that still doesn't make it fascist.

I feel as if you guys have taken the word and decided it is a fitting label for anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Meanwhile, as somebody from a country who was split up between fascist Italy, and nazi Germany during WW2, I can't help but feel disappointed.
    Your 100% correct of course, but between stephs overactive persecution complex, his insistence of defending the indefensible, and attacking (the media? the left? anyone not giving sanctuary to nazi ideology?) - I'm half expecting his next statement to be, "but some of my best friends are black."

Meanwhile, we have actual misogynists, white nationalists or worse ITT. (if my neg rep comments are anything to go by)
    Last edited by Pattern; September 6 2017 at 02:21:01 PM.

Wait, that's it? That's the thing that makes me a fascist?

What the actual fuck.

I guess I'm sort of relieved, I was starting to wonder if I'd got really drunk and posted about gassing the Jews or something and just didn't remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I don't think he cares and neither does the maker of the original video. It's all just entertaining people who already agree with them.

I thought I'd seen the lowest level of discourse when it was atheists vs creationists on youtube in 2008 but this is probably worse.
    The original video changed or at least nuanced my views on several of these topics so I'm not sure its "just" preaching to the choir. I certainly don't accept its a "low level of discourse". Watch it again and give me some specific bits - the thing that attracted me to it (when I normally hate ranty preaching), was that it was very precise and nuanced in its claims.

Doc's video didnt have any cohesive point to it except "fuck anyone on the left who opposes fascism" (or perhaps "fuck anyone who cares enough about anything to be an activist?" with a massive caveat for "anti-SJW activists" like himself presumably?)..... with a fairly clear and nasty undertone of transphobia in his epithet choices.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 6 2017 at 02:26:17 PM.