hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1988 of 2037 FirstFirst ... 988148818881938197819851986198719881989199019911998 ... LastLast
Results 39,741 to 39,760 of 40724

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Absolutely smashing
    This is actually really good. It really unpicks all the standard centre and alt- right talking points.
    "Oblivious centrists picking up alt-right talking points" should be the title of this thread imo.
    I finally managed to give it a watch and thought bringing it back up might be a good idea, it is very good and feels like a straight up reading of a fair few people in these very threads. Our 'extreme centrists' might really want to have a careful watch tbfh.

I remember running into Contra a while ago while watching Hbomberguy, another really good youtuber at tearing this bullshit apart, although more into the 'youtube rationalist/sceptic' community. Never actually watched many videos though, might have to do more now.
    So I sat down and had a watch at this video and I thou-

>"I'm not a fascist" is exactly what a fascist would say

Is this satire?
    You really, truly don't understand the tone that particular line was said in?

Fuck me.

BTW that video is exactly addressing how you sound and why you got called a "nazi" last time. To the very details. So it's beautiful that you don't get it, truly beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So what you're saying is that, rather than forming your own opinions and presenting your own arguments you're going to rely on a YouTube video to do it for you? I'm going to save this post and quote it every time you give somebody shit for doing that from now on.

Anyway since I'm such an idiot and I clearly don't get it, why don't you explain it to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

So what you're saying is that, rather than forming your own opinions and presenting your own arguments you're going to rely on a YouTube video to do it for you? I'm going to save this post and quote it every time you give somebody shit for doing that from now on.

Anyway since I'm such an idiot and I clearly don't get it, why don't you explain it to me?
    Yes, totally, that's what I'm saying. It's absolutely not that it's an easy easy to digest to the point deconstruction of the issues that have been plaguing discussion in both this thread and the internet and you got caught in completely, it's totally horrible to have an easy way to show exactly what the problem is, said in a more eye catching and interesting way than i ever could.

Also have you somehow missed the style of the video, the tone, as must of Contrapoints' content being somewhat ridiculous and tongue in cheek on purpose? That's all that particular statement you chose to dismiss the validity of the entire video is.

But i suppose it's easier to do that than to face the facts of just how much of a muppet you are.

"No I'm not doing the thing you said I was, I'm doing the thing other people do when I tell them they're doing that"

Watching Stephs very own, slow motion, existential crisis unravel before us.
    Last edited by Pattern; September 6 2017 at 07:50:02 AM.

The floods are a gubbermint conspiracy!!1
    aka "Fuck those poors, how dare they flood less than 50% of our [more expensive] homes?!"

Protip: don't build multi million dollar homes in flood planes.

EDIT: Seriously though, this pisses me off. Those cunts want the government to measure people by dollars instead of measuring people by people.
    Last edited by OrangeAfroMan; September 6 2017 at 06:51:52 AM.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

I know there is important shit going down in the U.S., DACA and Irma but this shows the fundamental problem the U.S. has and why i call your nation a 3rd world nation.
    In short not only your health system is bad but also your infrastructure and care for people.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...atment-poverty

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I know there is important shit going down in the U.S., DACA and Irma but this shows the fundamental problem the U.S. has and why i call your nation a 3rd world nation.
    In short not only your health system is bad but also your infrastructure and care for people.
    But this is clearly just propaganda produced by us Europeans. AMERICA IS NUMBER 1.

Absolutely smashing
    This is actually really good. It really unpicks all the standard centre and alt- right talking points.
    "Oblivious centrists picking up alt-right talking points" should be the title of this thread imo.
    I finally managed to give it a watch and thought bringing it back up might be a good idea, it is very good and feels like a straight up reading of a fair few people in these very threads. Our 'extreme centrists' might really want to have a careful watch tbfh.

I remember running into Contra a while ago while watching Hbomberguy, another really good youtuber at tearing this bullshit apart, although more into the 'youtube rationalist/sceptic' community. Never actually watched many videos though, might have to do more now.

Is this satire?
    DoctorRandomercam felt the same way

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    This is a top 5 post on /r/the_donald right now. Straight out of a dystopic science fiction

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...kv&sh=ca8d01d2

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Not sure why this, of all things, is the one unique thing where kids "shouldn't suffer because of their parents". Kids suffer because of their parents decisions on a regular daily basis.

Also, love the implication that having to go to another country is akin to torture, or that kids who get moved to other countries are being child abused.

woowww

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    From the article:
    The peer-reviewed research paper, published in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, focuses on Lowndes County, Alabama – the home state of US attorney general Jeff Sessions and a landmark region in the history*

Made my chuckle
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

This is a top 5 post on /r/the_donald right now. Straight out of a dystopic science fiction

Awesome. They should have the guts to print it and post it across the nation. That will show those evil Mexicans!

There are not enough psyducks and headdesks and facepalms in the world to describe politics in last two years...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Absolutely smashing

Is this satire?

I tried to watch that and it came off as basically "HURR DURR DRUNKEN MONGOLOID GETS JIMMIE RUSTLED" to me.

Is that thing real? As in being printed in US and distributed among people?

Something I saw on r/politics:

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    I'm not sure if it's good or bad that white house aids were saying they weren't sure if Trump knew what the full ramifications were. Is incompetence better than abject cruelty?
    Wasn't the clear from the get go? That he has no clue at all?

His presidency's motto is basically Hanlon's razor at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

I tried to watch that and it came off as basically "HURR DURR DRUNKEN MONGOLOID GETS JIMMIE RUSTLED" to me.
    On the other hand, i couldnt give a fuck about the original video but found this one pretty entertaining. I mean, traps arent gay? Lets be serious here for a second.

Anyways, i cant be arsed to try to trace back the convoluted, half-said oneliners that mean we MUST call Steph a closet facist, or else be one ourselves. It seems to me that that is part of what the second video decries, and i feel free to agree with the specific point.

This thread periodically devolves into a state where you need to say, put up or shut up. But noone ever puts up, because that leaves them vulnerable, and blood in the electronic water will surely draw the sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Absolutely smashing

Is this satire?

"Drunken Mongoloid" pretty accurately describes the Doc, I think. He'd probably agree.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Nbs that the posters who should most watch it can't stand it lmao

Hits a bit close to home?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Anyways, i cant be arsed to try to trace back the convoluted, half-said oneliners that mean we MUST call Steph a closet facist, or else be one ourselves. It seems to me that that is part of what the second video decries, and i feel free to agree with the specific point.
    For me it's this point: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...=1#post1712065